Would Romo have us at 5-0?

dckid

Reaction score
So open for debate. Would Romo in his prime have us at 5-0 with this current team?
I am sorry but why is this even a discussion? I am not defending Dak, but what does Romo have to do with this team? Some fans have a serious case of Romo (Stockholm)Syndrome. The dude never won any big game for use. He put up great stats in a high scoring era, was never elite.
He won the 2009 wild card game and 2014 Detroit wild card game. There is your Romo era high marks.

Last edited:

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
If Romo was still around we’d probably be seeing a lot of Cooper Rush.

ShortRound

Reaction score
Give me Aikman or Staubach. Landry or Johnson.

Now I'm freaking upset Garrett has been on this freaking team so long.
With the HOF players and coaches we've had on this damn team.
All that talent and we're talking about Romo? That's the ceiling now? I need a beer.

DFWJC

Reaction score
So open for debate. Would Romo in his prime have us at 5-0 with this current team?
All theory.
No idea for sure.
2014 Romo....probably
2006 Romo....probably not

Im sure he would appreciate playing with this roster. Zeke would run wild.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
This fanbase is a joke. A guy who has not played a regular season game since November 2015 and is in his 3rd year of doing announcing is still being talked about and all the what ifs. Lmao. It's comically sad. The same dude who never won anything but a few wild card games, constantly crapped the bed when it mattered, let backup QBs outduel him, give up big leads is looked upon as some savior of this franchise.

Y'all are lame. He never did anything with his own teams so people want to place him on these teams to try and prop him out.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
This fanbase is a joke. A guy who has not played a regular season game since November 2015 and is in his 3rd year of doing announcing is still being talked about and all the what ifs. Lmao. It's comically sad. The same dude who never won anything but a few wild card games, constantly crapped the bed when it mattered, let backup QBs outduel him, give up big leads is looked upon as some savior of this franchise.

Y'all are lame. He never did anything with his own teams so people want to place him on these teams to try and prop him out.

Just imagine what would have happened in 2016 if Romo was in Dak's spot and went toe to toe with Rodgers and then the defense gave up a 4th quarter last minute pass to Rodgers. And that was the last playoff game that Romo played in. Then it would go from "Romo would win the Superbowl with this roster" to "Romo couldn't win in 2016 because he didn't have help from his defense." :facepalm:

nobody

Reaction score
Can Romo magically stop drops, fumbles, poor o-line play, and a defense that can't stop the run? No, then we'd probably have a similar record. Maybe 4-1 at best.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Romo was next to flawless in the GB playoff game, and much of 2014. MVP level. The question was about his prime. I'd say that was it. He wasn't failing, often, in 2014.

If you don't like hypothetical threads, don't respond to them. Let them go. You're not require to read them.
Romo didn't fail in 2014.....I missed when he went on a playoff run that year or any other year. Romo was a failure, he didn't get it done and had 2 playoff wins his entire career.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
The thing is that if Romo could only go 5-0 with this team and no time in his career before then it would show that he needed a certain talented team or a certain stacked roster around him to get to 5-0.

To the question itself since Garrett has never been 5-0 with any QB then I don't know if he would have gotten there with Romo.
Garrett also never started a season 3-0 and that includes when Romo was QB

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Agreed and doesn’t dak currently have the 2nd or 3rd most passing yards for 2019? His interceptions are up but the last one for the saints game was a Hail Mary, and I believe two of his interceptions are from drops. If dak has 1000 yards passing at this point, we might could make that argument.

A better argument would be “if dak could also play defense and provide more pass rush, or if he could help our God Awful run defense, or come up with an interception or two” would we be 5-0”. It’s a team sport and all statistics say our qb is NOT our weakest link.
Absolutely correct and Dak is tied for most passing TDs and has a rushing TD as well