Would the Patriots re-sign Lawrence?

Brooksey

Reaction score
My point is that he has not proven to be a difference maker. He's not Von Miller.

I never said he was. I said teams that don't have Brady are searching for ways to win each and every year and don't let pass rushers just walk out the door. Personally I'd consider a trade for D-Law at his current ask 22 Mill

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never said he was. I said teams that don't have Brady are searching for ways to win each and every year and don't let pass rushers just walk out the door.

This is a unique situation. You have an injured guy with 2 double digit sack seasons, a membership in the league's substance abuse program, and whose never lead the team to any kind of post season success asking to be the highest paid defensive player in league history. I can't think of another team whose had to make a decision like this one..

SloMo_Joe

Reaction score
I highly doubt they would. They let a lot of talent walk so not to overpay.

The trade for Quinn also reminds of me of a move the Pats would make.

I know we are not near the Pats level, but we may be getting close in terms of roster and cap management.

With each day that passes, I'm beginning to warm up to the idea on letting Tank walk.
The Pats can get away with letting a lot of talented players walk because of the coaching staff they have. We don't have that luxury.

Brooksey

Reaction score
This is a unique situation. You have an injured guy with 2 double digit sack seasons, a membership in the league's substance abuse program, and whose never lead the team to any kind of post season success asking to be the highest paid defensive player in league history. I can't think of another team whose had to make a decision like this one..

I would not sign him for 22 mill/year, I don't like his injury history or current situation with a torn labrum. It's not highest in league history but it's too high. Pats are not a good apples to apples comparison IMO, cuz they let "everyone walk" for their own reasons.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I know we are not near the Pats level, but we may be getting close in terms of roster and cap management.

With each day that passes, I'm beginning to warm up to the idea on letting Tank walk.

The Patriots go with quality across the roster and strength in numbers over a handful of stars and the rest JAGS like we have.

But they can afford to do that because they have the best HC and QB this league has ever seen. The leadership and scheme are already in place.

Dak and Garrett compared to Brady and Belli is laughable.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Hell no they would not pay DLaw his $140 or $160 or whatever the hell he is asking for now, his number seems to go up every day.

Hoodie would have traded his arse last season for a first round pick...…….they dont let players hold them hostage over money.

Of course it goes without saying that if Hoodie only won 2 Wildcard games in the last decade, he would no longer be coaching the Pats.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
If we keep Tank or let him go, neither will be compared to what the Patriots would do by the majority of fans and the media. But to answer the question the Patriots would let DLaw walk. You can do that when you have the greatest DC of all time as your HC. Billichick is not married to a defensive system like Kris and Rod are. Bill coaches to his players strengths and he schemes defensively against the strengths of the offense that they are playing against. Don't get me wrong every team needs talent to include the Patriots the difference is the Patriots doesnt have to have elite talent play great as a unit defensively.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would not sign him for 22 mill/year, I don't like his injury history or current situation with a torn labrum. It's not highest in league history but it's too high. Pats are not a good apples to apples comparison IMO, cuz they let "everyone walk" for their own reasons.

The Pats are the smartest team in the league. Why not aspire to that?

Verdict

Reaction score

People need to start warming up to the idea of trading Tank because there is a very good chance it happens.

I do not believe the Patriots would be re-signing Tank.

The team needs to stick with the course they are on. They have been doing a really good job over the past 5 years.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
No, No, No. NE is always a step ahead of everyone else. Their defense won the Super Bowl with a great game plan, that put their defenders in position to stuff the run and pressure the QB. As important as everyone else in the league thinks DE’s are, NE let’s them walk when the get to expensive( Jaime Collins, the guy they sent to Arizona who led the league in sacks ).

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They wouldn’t but they don’t have to because they have great coaching and culture. Cowboys aren’t in position to do that.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
We arent the patriots.
To use their formula you need arguably the greatest hc and qb of all time.
:lmao: lmao:lmao:

That would kinda' be the prerequisite to the employment of that blueprint ,HuH?

*Bro! You:hammer:it:thumbup:

Ken

Reaction score
no...th th would have traded him already.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
They wouldn’t but they don’t have to because they have great coaching and culture. Cowboys aren’t in position to do that.
and their in lies the reason the dallas cowboys will never be in a championship game or superbowl until garrett is gone this team really wont compete in the playoffs

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
If they signed him it would be at a reduced rate...

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
People need to start warming up to the idea of trading Tank because there is a very good chance it happens.

I do not believe the Patriots would be re-signing Tank.

The team needs to stick with the course they are on. They have been doing a really good job over the past 5 years.
Personally I'd rather see coach GARRETT tell the #38 he's gonna be starting as the LDE,,, & that the #90 makes like a ground hog in hold out hiding,,,CUZ' that #38 IN HEATH-LIKE FASHION don't care where ,what or HOW he's Got to play WHILE MANNING HIS POST :thumbup:

:starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin:

Y'ALL know that every time the mere mention of the #38 IN MY POSTS ARE MADE,,, some rousingJohn Phillip Sousa's MARINE CORP BAND MUSIC strikes up on the outside of the pearly gates in heaven itself DONCHA'KNOW,,,er,,, as Popeye knocks Hell outta Bluto once again:cool: