Would this Staff play the better player if it meant Rush?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who said that Rush reminds them of Romo? A Cowboy Zoner? If Rush is not careful he might get replaced by a draft pick.

He didn't say anyone said that. He was just throwing out scenarios.

StylisticS

Reaction score
So if instituting an offense tailor made for Dak doesn't work for him, then we will be going into next April drafting in the top 5.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
No, they would not.

I think Rush could come in and do better then Dak but once teams figured him out a little he wouldn't sustain.

Right now teams have to play us 1 way and if Rush can legit pass it would catch them off guard for a brief time.

In the long run Dak would still be better.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aikman and Steve Walsh battled it out in camp, and nobody knew who was better at that time.

They were both rookies chosen with high draft picks, and neither had played an NFL down yet. Not the same thing.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Dont worry about it, once Dez signs with a new team all of those who blame Dak for all of Dez's problems, you call can follow him there and blame the new QB for Dez's continued failures!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:popcorn:

I like cooper rush but would like to see more of him in preseason. Just not enough tape on him so far

Ask yourself the following? Why did Dak play in the final game vrs the Eagles?
A meaning less game that actually hurt us Draft order wise.
Dak and take this to the bank went to JG and made sure he played that whole game against the eagles 3 rd string def.
Even against the Eagles 3rd string def Dak stunk up the house and still at no point was Rush put it.
WHY?
We all know why Noodle-Dak made sure Rush stay on the sidelines so he wouldn't make Dak look like a bench player!d
Dak Prescott will do anything (Except winning) to stay the starting QB of America's Team!

P.S. FYI Cooper Rush wears a COWBOY uniform!!!

Last edited:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
The OP seems to be putting the cart in front of the horse here.

Dak needs to falter in TC and preseason and Rush play well. Then the question is whether or not the club would give Rush a shot with the ones in a PS game and allow for a real competition.

There are a lot of things that need to happen before it gets to that point. Dak is going to get first shot at everything and needs to falter and Rush needs to play well before this is even a question.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
The OP seems to be putting the cart in front of the horse here.

Dak needs to falter in TC and preseason and Rush play well. Then the question is whether or not the club would give Rush a shot with the ones in a PS game and allow for a real competition.

There are a lot of things that need to happen before it gets to that point. Dak is going to get first shot at everything and needs to falter and Rush needs to play well before this is even a question.
The OP has been irrationally upset for quite some time... His brain is boiling.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The Dallas FO isn't about to risk wrecking Dak's confidence by switching to Rush, unless Dak's performance takes a big hit. That's a no-no in the NFL.

Corso

Reaction score
The Dallas FO isn't about to risk wrecking Dak's confidence by switching to Rush unless Dak's performance takes a bit hit. That's a no-no in the NFL.
It would be an extreme maneuver, to be sure. Extremities and calamities must happen before such measures were undertaken.

cern

Reaction score
I hope rush is allowed to compete against dak, at least early on. Remember what an injury to Romo did for dak. We've got to know what we have in Cooper rush should the unmentionable happen to dak. We don't need another of weeden, cassel and Moore.

Corso

Reaction score
I hope rush is allowed to compete against dak, at least early on. Remember what an injury to Romo did for dak. We've got to know what we have in Cooper rush should the unmentionable happen to dak. We don't need another of weeden, cassel and Moore.
I don't think you're going to get your wish. Not that I disagree with you...
I think Linny and Jason have been tweeking the playbook to suit Dak more.
Not change the offense, but install different options and more things like heavier RPO's and such the like.
This is going to have them be heavy with the 1's during TC to get the nuances of the new plays and new WR's.

In short: Rush isn't going to get heavy time with the 1's in TC and while he may get significant playing time in the pre-season- it won't amount to much with the coaching staff, except to solidify his position as the #2.

starcity214

Reaction score
Whats easier to believe. That the Reigning rookie of the year hit a rookie wall in his second year after losing his All pro left tackle and RB? Or that the guy that won rookie of the year is a fluke and sucks at QB? Some of you make me laugh.

The answer to that question is.....

R.....G....3

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you seriously believe Rush is NFL quality, you are on drugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No one really knows what quality Rush is till hes tested in a real game!
He might be capable or not.
We know what Dak is back there and even major amounts of Drugs will not change the fact that he STINKS!

Them

Reaction score
....?....Possibly, but I wouldn't count on it....but since he's certainly not the better player, it's no use worrying about it!...:grin: