Would this Staff play the better player if it meant Rush?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just saying so if he stinks it up in TC and preseason, I mean horrible play.

And Rush just looks better, do you just go in the season and hope he shakes it off?
1: That is unlikely.

2: Who are the WRs and are they facing 1st/2nd or 3rd string defenses.

It's not really a Dak/Rush issue as it is a general issue. It's difficult for players with basically zero experience to straight-up out play guys with 32 regular season games of experience. Generally when a zero experience players gets the nod over and experienced player, much of it is a projection by the coaches with regards to who will be better.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Dak will tease the Cowboys enough for him to hang on for a while.An elite quarterback he won't be.
I don't know if Rush can be the answer( but i like his potential).

Carter

Reaction score
I dont get the Love with Rush. Yeah he looked good against other Teams 3rd Stringers in Preseason so?

Its not like he was lighting up Teams with 500 Yard 5 TDs...

This is Daks prove it year. If he stinks up the Joint dont rule out the Cowboys picking a QB in the 1st next year.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Does this pathetic FO and Coaching staff pull the trigger like they did on Romo, and Dez or do they try and ignore it?

Very different situation than Romo. Cooper has 1 completion in the NFL. Dak does not have a broken back. Dak costs nothing.

rpntex

Reaction score
Training Camp, and pre season rolls around and Dak is proving to not have progressed. Meanwhile Rush is lighting it up...

Does this pathetic FO and Coaching staff pull the trigger like they did on Romo, and Dez or do they try and ignore it?

It’s silly to even consider basing this kind of decision on training camp performance. If Dak struggles, and Rush plays well, then - and only then - do you put Dak on notice that his job could be in jeopardy. Then, if Dak continues to struggle into the first few games of the regular season, you pull that trigger.

Very similar to what happened with Romo and Bledsoe. Romo clearly outplayed Bledsoe in both 2005 and 2006 preseasons, and it still took continual brain farts on Bledsoe’s part for Parcells to act.

rkell87

Reaction score
No opinion on the content of the thread but thanks for changing the thread title, the original wording was a bit aggravating to read more than once.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Rush should have played in the last game last year and he didn't. that tells you all you have to know about this coaching staff. A meaningless game and a chance to see what our backup can do.

Dak insisted on playing in that meaningless game, I think he wanted to keep Rush on the bench.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I dont get the Love with Rush. Yeah he looked good against other Teams 3rd Stringers in Preseason so?

Its not like he was lighting up Teams with 500 Yard 5 TDs...

This is Daks prove it year. If he stinks up the Joint dont rule out the Cowboys picking a QB in the 1st next year.

Not Love bud just looking for answers at QB if Dak continues to stink it up back there.
Rush should be given a shot sink or swim.
And you're correct if Rush can't get the job done then the Draft is the solution.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak insisted on playing in that meaningless game, I think he wanted to keep Rush on the bench.
No thinking about it he played in that meaning less game not to have Rush come in and show him up!
No matter he stunk it up against the 3 rd string eagles def anyway.
Scored 2 FG. final score 6-0... and we dropped 3 slots in the draft...another Dak success story.....

birdwells1

Reaction score
Change positions and ask yourself, if Zeke struggles in preseason and his back up looks better, do you roll with Zeke?

Zeke is one of the top 2 or 3 players at his position barring experience so no. Change teams and ask yourself, if Brees struggled in preseason and his backup looked good, would you roll with him? Essentially Zeke is to rbs what Brees is to qbs.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Training Camp, and pre season rolls around and Dak is proving to not have progressed. Meanwhile Rush is lighting it up...

https://giphy.com/gifs/dosequisgifstotheworld-laughing-the-most-interesting-man-dos-GhNXUOpdNz65q
dosequisgifstotheworld-laughing-the-most-interesting-man-dos-GhNXUOpdNz65q

cern

Reaction score
I don't think you're going to get your wish. Not that I disagree with you...
I think Linny and Jason have been tweeking the playbook to suit Dak more.
Not change the offense, but install different options and more things like heavier RPO's and such the like.
This is going to have them be heavy with the 1's during TC to get the nuances of the new plays and new WR's.

In short: Rush isn't going to get heavy time with the 1's in TC and while he may get significant playing time in the pre-season- it won't amount to much with the coaching staff, except to solidify his position as the #2.
probably not in camp. but they would be wise to see what he has in ota's. injuries are unavoidable and we shouldn't be left holding the bag should anything happen to dak. the more reps, the better. it's tough at the qb spot since that's one position where you need to make a decision and stick with it. chance favors the prepared mind.

cern

Reaction score
If you seriously believe Rush is NFL quality, you are on drugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
two years ago romo claimed to be feeling better than ever. Kellen moore was his backup. dak was even competing with jamiel showers. then in the space of a few weeks moore was out for the year and romo for multiple games. did anyone really dak would be nfl ready as a rookie. you just never know. you will never roll a 7 in craps if you don't roll the dice. a short putt never had a chance.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Zeke is one of the top 2 or 3 players at his position barring experience so no. Change teams and ask yourself, if Brees struggled in preseason and his backup looked good, would you roll with him? Essentially Zeke is to rbs what Brees is to qbs.
Agree. He will be gifted his position.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We got that answer vs the eagles last year. A dak lead offense couldnt move the ball or score and they refused to give rush snaps.