Would you be for or against the idea of Sean Payton returning to the Cowboys?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is just for conversation purposes based on Jerry Jones' recent comments and some chatter that I've been hearing.

But how would you personally feel about the following scenario:

There are rumors that Drew Brees might call it quits after this season, especially if he and the Saints manage to win the Super Bowl. If that happened, word is that Sean Payton who look to leave the Saints organization as well. And rumor is that he still has a clause in his contract that he can void it upon any changes in ownership (which has occurred already given Tom Benson's passing).

Payton still has a home in Texas and his son plays high school ball here.

Speaking hypothetically at this point, but if Payton was the "opportunity" in the coming weeks that Jones was referring to, would you be for or against the idea of Payton returning to the Cowboys to coach this team?

skinsscalper

Reaction score
This is just for conversation purposes based on Jerry Jones' recent comments and some chatter that I've been hearing.

There are rumors that Drew Brees might call it quits after this season, especially if he and the Saints manage to win the Super Bowl. If that happened, word is that Sean Payton who look to leave the Saints organization as well. And rumor is that he still has a clause in his contract that he can void it upon any changes in ownership (which has occurred already given Tom Benson's passing).

Speaking hypothetically at this point, but if Payton was the "opportunity" in the coming weeks that Jones was referring to, would you be for or against the idea of Payton returning to the Cowboys to coach this team?
In a heartbeat. Payton is twice the coach Garret is and ten times the offensive mind.

glimmerman

Reaction score

I don’t know. Can he clap? Will he go for it on every 4th down. And will he let JJ keep running the show? Lol.

At this point I don’t know if it’s the HC or the OC or the DC. I have been all for firing all of them at some point this season.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd be for anybody new. We just need a change.

I'd love to see what Payton could do for Dak, Zeke, and this entire offense. With him on one side of the ball and Richard coaching the defense, I think the personnel is good enough to do something special.

I just don't know that Jerry Jones would actually have the guts to do what needed to be done and take advantage of the opportunity if it were to present itself? Unless Garrett would be OK with a move to a front office role in the organization? But I can't imagine one that could possibly pay him what he's currently making as a head coach?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t know. Can he clap? Will he go for it on every 4th down. And will he let JJ keep running the show? Lol.

At this point I don’t know if it’s the HC or the OC or the DC. I have been all for firing all of them at some point this season.

Dallabove.jpg

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
He would be much better than Linehan at OC......... Just joking. Absolutely I would take Payton as head coach. He can actually develop QBs. He helped Romo and look what he did with Brees after he left the Chargers. Not only that he took a gadget guy like Hill and made him somewhat a threat throwing. He would do wonders with the talent of Dak. Plus he knows how to really have a balanced offense, whether it's a shoot out or play ball control.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
He would be much better than Linehan at OC......... Just joking. Absolutely I would take Payton as head coach. He can actually develop QBs. He helped Romo and look what he did with Brees after he left the Chargers. Not only that he took a gadget guy like Hill and made him somewhat a threat throwing. He would do wonders with the talent of Dak. Plus he knows how to really have a balanced offense, whether it's a shoot out or play ball control.
Exactly!

Befor payton romo and Brees were both average quarterbacks with limited skill sets.

He helped transform 1 into a hall of famer and the other into a 3rd ballot cowboys ring of honor candidate