Would you bring Schultz back on a 1-year deal?

tico

Reaction score
Nooooooooo, I want to see the young2 development

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Schultz doesn’t provide anything to this team other than being a security blanket for Dak. And Dak has a problem missing open receivers to dump off to Schultz because it’s safe.

He’s basically a slowish WR that runs crisp short routes. His blocking and catching in traffic is below average. His value is difficult to determine as well because he’s such an unconventional TE.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Do not really want to unless its on a 6-7 mill deal. I would like to take away all of Dak's security blankets to see if he can take the next step.
Do me a favor, list the Qb's who DON'T have security Blankets........

On order for him to take "The Next Step" He has to throw to somebody!!!!

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Do me a favor, list the Qb's who DON'T have security Blankets........

On order for him to take "The Next Step" He has to throw to somebody!!!!
Out of the last 10 superbowl winning teams 7 or 8 times has their QB not needed a security blanket.

In order for him to take the next step he has to throw it to the open guy ....... and not to the other team.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Didn't answer my question. Mahomes has Kelce, Ect. Every Qb has a player that will bail him out in a pinch

Stafford had Kupp you mean to tell me he NEVER bailed him out? He never chucked and ducked it to Kupp?

Brady : Godwin, Evans, Brown, That's some security for yo ***.

So answer the question, who doesn't need a SECURITY BLANKET ? Clue : It's a faulty premise, leading to a faulty conclusion

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sign Schultz, to much on the line and it would take Dak another year to Gel with a newbie.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
For 7 million yes. Problem is we paid him 10.7 last year. Which I why he should not have been tagged.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I would definitely bring Schultz back because the jury is still out on the two young TE’s. I like their potential, but Schultz has been a steady security blanket for Dak. He’s had 13 TDs the past two seasons. His numbers took a dip mainly because Dak was out five games. We had very little passing game with Cooper Rush who didn’t target Schultz very much.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No. And it has nothing to do with schultz. Has everything to do with how the position is used. No one expected schultz to have the numbers he had when he finally got to start. But its not like they asked him to be kelce. One of the 2 young guys should be able to step up and be the short dumpoff guy in this scheme.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
I'd let the draft play out first. Good player, but not necessarily a game changer. He plays alot like Jason Witten did late in his career. Good possession player that helps move the sticks, but far from dynamic. I'd really like to see what this offense looks like with somebody that can stretch the field and create match up problems at that position.

Rayman70

Reaction score
No. And it has nothing to do with schultz. Has everything to do with how the position is used. No one expected schultz to have the numbers he had when he finally got to start. But its not like they asked him to be kelce. One of the 2 young guys should be able to step up and be the short dumpoff guy in this scheme.
exactly true. Then this years TE class is special and deep. That 1000% killed his stock in free agency. No fault of his. I think he lands back in Dallas. McCarthy will then use all 3 TE's and get them all heavily involved, which I like. KM never did much. New England did this a few years back and it was hard to beat. Defenses struggled to match up.

CWR

Reaction score
I figured his boy Kellen would bring him in already.

kskboys

Reaction score
Out of the last 10 superbowl winning teams 7 or 8 times has their QB not needed a security blanket.

In order for him to take the next step he has to throw it to the open guy ....... and not to the other team.
All QBs need security blankets.

The numbnuts on this site keep using that term as if it's a negative when it is not.

31RoyW31

Reaction score
I don't him back. If he could block at least half way decent then I would sign him for an under 5 million one year deal. Schultz's lack of blocking kills the running game. Also, based on his decision making at the end of the SF playoff game, he appears either to be not situationally aware or just not able to handle pressure situations.

kskboys

Reaction score
Didn't answer my question. Mahomes has Kelce, Ect. Every Qb has a player that will bail him out in a pinch

Stafford had Kupp you mean to tell me he NEVER bailed him out? He never chucked and ducked it to Kupp?

Brady : Godwin, Evans, Brown, That's some security for yo ***.

So answer the question, who doesn't need a SECURITY BLANKET ? Clue : It's a faulty premise, leading to a faulty conclusion
Not to mention a gross misunderstanding of the term and a failure to define a very simple football term.