Would you give up a 1st for Hurts?

Majic

Reaction score
I certainly wouldn't. But I wouldn't be surprised if the Eagles look to shop him in the off season and may find a taker as Howie Roseman is very good at extracting premium picks for his players. Would then have quite a stash of picks to make a trade. I believe Roseman was very high on Wilson once but I suspect he realises he is now a declining player.

Majic

Reaction score
Any GM that gives up a first for Hurts is asking to be fired IMO. Philly can ask for the sky but that doesn’t mean anyone is stupid enough to give it.

I agree, but I would have said the same about Wentz and look what happened. If Hurts plays well in the play-offs I think Roseman will try and get a first for him.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I certainly wouldn't. But I wouldn't be surprised if the Eagles look to shop him in the off season and may find a taker as Howie Roseman is very good at extracting premium picks for his players. Would then have quite a stash of picks to make a trade. I believe Roseman was very high on Wilson once but I suspect he realises he is now a declining player.
I guess the question is…where?

go thru the NFL….team by team….and tell me what team would give up a 1st for Hurts.

Last year, the Colts were a unique situation with Wentz old coach there.

Maybe the Saints? But I think they were liking Winston before his injury

Majic

Reaction score
I guess the question is…where?

go thru the NFL….team by team….and tell me what team would give up a 1st for Hurts.

Last year, the Colts were a unique situation with Wentz old coach there.

Maybe the Saints? But I think they were liking Winston before his injury

Atlanta
Carolina
Cleveland
Denver
Detroit
Houston
Miami
New Orleans
New York Giants
Pittsburgh
Washington

That's a market.

The rest I would probably rule out unless they move on from their starting QB e.g. Vikings.

The Saints won't pay Winston

DFWJC

Reaction score
Atlanta
Carolina
Cleveland
Denver
Detroit
Houston
Miami
New Orleans
New York Giants
Pittsburgh
Washington

That's a market.

The rest I would probably rule out unless they move on from their starting QB e.g. Vikings.

The Saints won't pay Winston
Good list!
I remove several of those teams, but you never know.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I agree, but I would have said the same about Wentz and look what happened. If Hurts plays well in the play-offs I think Roseman will try and get a first for him.
Hurts isn't worth what Wentz was. People bash Wentz, but he had two seasons with a QB rating over 100. He is a legitimate starting QB. The pick that he was traded for wasnt a straight up first. If it didnt work out for Indy, the Eagles would have gotten a 2nd.

Hurts is worth a 2nd max, most likely a 3rd. No one is giving up a 1st for Hurts. If he was worth a 1st to anyone, the Eagles wouldnt be trading him. Minshew isnt a real option, and this is a weak QB draft

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
At best he is a throw in in a trade for Wilson or Watson. He wont make much if any dent in their asking price. If they are asking for 3 first for either, Hurts isnt gonna change that. If they include Hurts, then they might get a 2nd or 3rd back

Majic

Reaction score
Hurts isn't worth what Wentz was. People bash Wentz, but he had two seasons with a QB rating over 100. He is a legitimate starting QB. The pick that he was traded for wasnt a straight up first. If it didnt work out for Indy, the Eagles would have gotten a 2nd.

Hurts is worth a 2nd max, most likely a 3rd. No one is giving up a 1st for Hurts. If he was worth a 1st to anyone, the Eagles wouldnt be trading him. Minshew isnt a real option, and this is a weak QB draft

If it is a weak QB draft, his price goes up

Majic

Reaction score
I'm not a Hurts fan and I'm just thinking what the Eagles might do. I think they know they can't win a SB with Hurts but you can win games with him. I think they try to move him on.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If it is a weak QB draft, his price goes up
If its a weak draft, then they are less likely to deal him.

And even a weak draft won't be enough to elevate Hurts stock to a 1st. It may be enough to elevate him from a 3rd to a 2nd

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm not a Hurts fan and I'm just thinking what the Eagles might do. I think they know they can't win a SB with Hurts but you can win games with him. I think they try to move him on.
They dont really have alternative right now outside of Watson or Wilson. And Houston or Seattle wont consider Hurts a 1st round value

Majic

Reaction score
If its a weak draft, then they are less likely to deal him.

And even a weak draft won't be enough to elevate Hurts stock to a 1st. It may be enough to elevate him from a 3rd to a 2nd

No I disagree with you there. The Eagles will be trading for a QB if they can. A weak draft market means the demand for Hurts if he is available goes up.

Majic

Reaction score
They dont really have alternative right now outside of Watson or Wilson. And Houston or Seattle wont consider Hurts a 1st round value

Carr could be a possibility. Hurts doesn't have to go to the team they trade a QB from. Could be a 3 team deal

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No I disagree with you there. The Eagles will be trading for a QB if they can. A weak draft market means the demand for Hurts if he is available goes up.
Carr could be a possibility. Hurts doesn't have to go to the team they trade a QB from. Could be a 3 team deal
Either way Hurts isn't a franchise QB. Teams going to trade a 1st round pick for a guy who isnt going to be a franchise QB. Weak draft or not. Wentz was far more accomplished when he was traded, and even then there Indy protected themselves and if it didnt work out they would have only given up a 2nd.

I think you are over estimating what QB needy teams will give up for a QB. They arent giving up premium assets for a player like Hurts who at his best can be the good version of Tyrod Taylor. He isnt much better than Minshew, and is probably in the same tier, and the Jags couldnt get more than a 6th for him