Would you make a trade with the Bears for Khalil Mack and Andy Dalton?

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
Khalil Mack and Andy Dalton?

Mack for obvious reasons.

Dalton would assume the role he did last year, in case Dak has to miss a game or two. Dalton left Dallas because he would rather start than be a backup. Well, he's now backing up Fields. And, Dak knows our offense.

If we are in position to make a deep postseason run, adding these guys would make a lot of sense. For a price of course.

Not sure if we could snag Mack for a 2nd round pick like they did in getting Haley for a 2nd round pick in 1992.

What say you? What trade, if any, would you look into before the deadline. I get that you don't want to trade valuable draft capital unless the return is Amari Cooper like.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’d like to see a linebacker. And a defensive tackle. Maybe a corner. Yeah I’m looking for someone to come in. And someone’s going to want to come in that’s the difference

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Khalil Mack and Andy Dalton?

Mack for obvious reasons.

Dalton would assume the role he did last year, in case Dak has to miss a game or two. Dalton left Dallas because he would rather start than be a backup. Well, he's now backing up Fields. And, Dak knows our offense.

If we are in position to make a deep postseason run, adding these guys would make a lot of sense. For a price of course.

Not sure if we could snag Mack for a 2nd round pick like they did in getting Haley for a 2nd round pick in 1992.

What say you? What trade, if any, would you look into before the deadline. I get that you don't want to trade valuable draft capital unless the return is Amari Cooper like.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Speaking of Chicago, how good was that move by the front office to move on from Robert Quinn.

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
Why the hell would we want Dalton?

Merely to back up Dak if he were to miss a game or few (but not a season ending injury). Would prefer Dalton over Rush in a pinch, no? Having a quality backup QB can be crucial for a playoff run. Ask Seattle. See Dallas in 1991 (Beurlein), or 1993 (Kosar).

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Merely to back up Dak if he were to miss a game or few (but not a season ending injury). Would prefer Dalton over Rush in a pinch, no? Having a quality backup QB can be crucial for a playoff run. Ask Seattle. See Dallas in 1991 (Beurlein), or 1993 (Kosar).

He’s threatened by Dalton.