Would you package Anthony Brown and a 7th for LB Darron Lee from Jets?

Xavier187

Reaction score
I heard Darron Lee the LB from the Jets is currently available?

Would you try and package lets say Anthony Brown and a 7th for him?

Or something's ng along those lines or are you not interested?

I think he would be a great fit in Dallas. Dude can cover some TEs

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
I heard Darron Lee the LB from the Jets is currently available?

Would you try and package lets say Anthony Brown and a 7th for him?

Or something's ng along those lines or are you not interested?

I think he would be a great fit in Dallas. Dude can cover some TEs

AB is our #3CB and sees the field quite a bit.

We're stacked at LB with Smith, LVE, and Lee.

To be honest I dont know the first thing about Darron Lee but i dont see the point to this trade from a personnel level.

Xavier187

Reaction score
Darron lee
Drafted in 2016
Ohio State
Can play both OLB and ILB
Does very well in coverage on TEs and Slot WRs.
Can rush and go for the QB.
I get we love Sean Lee.
But he isnt the healthiest of players. Him and Joe Smith are on the last years of there contracts and Covington is the last guy after that.
You trade for Darron Lee. He starts with Jaylon and Lieghton and you have heavy three Lbs and you wont have to worry with Joe Smith or Sean Lee when they leave.

Win
Win

I am not a fan of Brown. I think this is another reason why they are looking hard at a CB. Rather player Lewis at the Nickle

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
Darron lee
Drafted in 2016
Ohio State
I get we love Sean Lee.
But he isnt the healthiest of players. Him and Joe Smith are on the last years of there contracts and Covington is the last guy after that.
You trade for Darron Lee. He starts with Jaylon and Lieghton and you have heavy three Lbs and you wont have to worry with Joe Smith or Sean Lee when they leave.

Win
Win

I am not a fan of Brown. I think this is another reason why they are looking hard at a CB. Rather player Lewis at the Nickle

This team plays a lot of nickle, which means CB3 is more important than LB3.

I dont think I've seen anything strongly tying them to CBs in FA or the draft.

If they were "looking hard at CB", why would they trade away the one they actually use and then rely on the guy the DC doesn't view as a scheme fit?

Jones is on the last year of his contract and we can't enter the season one injury away from needing CJ Goodwin in the nickle. So now we're probably drafting a CB each of the next 2 years.

All so that we have yet another LB trying to get snaps when we're a nickel team with 3 pro bowl LBs.

Salary cap era. You gotta spread your resources around better.

Xavier187

Reaction score
Anthony Brown and Byron Jones are FA at the end of this season.
STEPHEN JONES has publicly said CB is a Sneaky need for this team.

Isiah Johnson is a big name to watch. Richard has went and worked him out and they seem to like the guy.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
What is up with the fascination people have with having 3 highly paid LBers. Barring injury, you'll get more snaps from your nickel CB vs your 3rd LB in a 4-3. In 2018, Anthony Brown played in 67% of defensive snaps, and Damien Wilson played in 28%.

Leedscowboy

Reaction score
In other words you want to give up our starting Nickle CB, for a LB that would be 3rd/4th choice and will see plays mainly on ST, or when LVE or Jaylon takes a breather.

Xavier187

Reaction score
He would be the Number three. Lee would be four.
He isnt a special teamer by far

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Darron lee
Drafted in 2016
Ohio State
I get we love Sean Lee.

Win
Win

I actually am not against this. A 7th and Brown for Darron Lee wouldn't be a bad move.

Xavier187

Reaction score
I dont get where people see sean lee starting?

They lowered his cap number and left incentives.
They would wanna limit him as much as possible to stay below the incentives so his number stays down. The let him find a job next uear some where else.

Darron lee is young and has three years of service under his belt. Covers TEs and Slot WRs better then either of our LBs.
Very cheap not expensive. And close friends of Elliot.
This guy would make us even better. SEAN LEE would be the brether LB.

Insane js to think Sean Lee will start

Xavier187

Reaction score
Anthony Brown is also on the last year of his contract wont garner some high end pick if signed by another team. He is just a place holder type of player like Heath and Frazier where.
This is also why the cowboys are looking at Isiah Johnson CB from UH.
Js they seem to really like him alot along with Abram.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

They would wanna limit him as much as possible to stay below the incentives so his number stays down. The let him find a job next uear some where else.

Darron lee is young and has three years of service under his belt. Covers TEs and Slot WRs better then either of our LBs.

It really has nothing to do with Sean Lee. Darron Lee is a good player and if we didn't have LVE/JSmith, then sure, but your 3rd LB is on the field FAR less than a 3rd CB. 3rd LBers just aren't valuable, and with Darron Lee being a free agent after this season...unless we pick up his $9.8 million dollar 5th year option, this just isn't a good move.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You need to review @Manwiththeplan 's post.

The 3rd LB (SLB) Wilson played 28% of the snaps last season.

The 3rd CB Brown played 67% of the snaps.

FYI, the Cowboys have a LB named Joe Thomas not Joe Smith.

Xavier187

Reaction score
Again Joe Thimad and Sean Lee will be FAs next year.
If you add a Darron Lee you essentially lock up
You LB postion.
The Cowboys always try and Draft a LB. Every year. So to point out they are looking for the Third LB.

The reason why they used less of a third LB set is becuase of coverage skills. Wilson sucked in coverage. Darron Lee does not. Darron is a beast in covering which would take the ease off the secondary. Which would improve this team..

This is what they wanna do correct?
If your Nickle Corner wasnt forced to play as many snaps and could potentially be used in doubles over the middle or outside because you have a Coverage LB, your team as a hole on DEF would be improved ? YES?

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

So will Darron Lee. Unless you are suggesting paying him $9.8 million

You LB postion.
The Cowboys always try and Draft a LB. Every year. So to point out they are looking for the Third LB.

The draft capital needed to fill that position, isn't worth nearly as much as Anthony Brown on a rookie deal

The reason why they used less of a third LB set is becuase of coverage skills. Wilson sucked in coverage. Darron Lee does not. Darron is a beast in covering which would take the ease off the secondary. Which would improve this team.

You're incorrect. Damien Wilson and Anthony Brown is pretty consistent with 3rd LBs and 3rd CBs throughout the league among 4-3 teams.

If your Nickle Corner wasnt forced to play as many snaps and could potentially be used in doubles over the middle or outside because you have a Coverage LB, your team as a hole on DEF would be improved ? YES?

If this was prior to say 2003 or 2004, you would have a point, but this is a passing league and your 3rd CB just plays more than your 3rd LB.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score

Darron Lee wouldn't be starting either.

Teams play primarily nickel...Jaylon and LVE are the starters.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You LB postion.

The reason why they used less of a third LB set is becuase of coverage skills. Wilson sucked in coverage. Darron Lee does not. Darron is a beast in covering which would take the ease off the secondary. Which would improve this team..

Darron Lee wouldn't play more then 30% of snaps for us.

Trading a top 3 of the depth chart CB for a LB that will play less then 30% of snaps is not a good trade. Unless that top 3 CB is truely awful. Which Brown is not