Would You rather pay Dak $40m or spread it around on defense?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I just realized all 3 of our current qb's name starts with a D ! Dak , Dalton, Dinucci

Rayman70

Reaction score
Hmm so what's this guy worth then?

jameis-winston.png

Exactly!!!! Next please!!!!
nothing but back up money. hes an int machine, UNLIKE DAK

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Dak has earned his money I say. Throwing for almost 5k yards, is not easy, especially doing it with one hand tied behind his back from the HC makes it even more worthy.
Well see you dont pay a guy for what he did in previous years, it is what he will do now and in near future.
the 5 k yards is just a stat, meaning we were throwing way too much lol.
Should have been running more.

and the end result was a 8-8 season, So throw all the stats for that season in a garbage can.
all the players stats!
The whole Idea is to win games and get in playoffs and win there!
It isnt about accumulating nice stats .

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
nothing but back up money. hes an int machine, UNLIKE DAK
:muttley: Ok so we're going to pay Dak cause he throws fewer interceptions or because he threw for almost 5000 Garbage yards?
Which one is it?
Oops almost forgot he's a great leader also.....as he led us to 8-8.
Just clarify why he should be paid the big bucks as myself or Jerry don't see it bud?????:huh:

Rayman70

Reaction score
:muttley: Ok so we're going to pay Dak cause he throws fewer interceptions or because he threw for almost 5000 Garbage yards?
Which one is it?
Oops almost forgot he's a great leader also.....as he led us to 8-8.
Just clarify why he should be paid the big bucks as myself or Jerry don't see it bud?????:huh:
ITS THE QB. MARKET, SUPPLY AND DEMAND. Hope that helps. YOUR WELCOME.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pay Dak the $40-45M he's so selfishly demanding or spread that cash around on the defense???

Imagine the players we could acquire for that kind of coin!!

dallas-signs-qb-andy-dalton-to-1-year-deal-1000x600.jpg

Please, Jerry!!! Please just let Dak walk for nothing and roll Dalton, then go out and spend that money on an ELITE defense...

Try to justify it anyway you can, but Dak simply does not embody the heart and attitude of a true Dallas Cowboys' QB1 - it's a privilege, and he doesn't have any business in that roll - to bad, he isn't able to look past his covetous desires as necessary to build up the entire TEAM, so he might actually win a SB..

Anyone who actually believes Dak wants a SB has got to have serious issues - he's obviously only concerned with one thing: his money, and grubbing for every single dirty penny he can steal from the team...

Please, Jerry - eliminate the problem NOW. Show all the players that being a Dallas Cowboy means more than worshiping money; instead, guys like Troy knew exactly what it being the DC QB1 is really all about - WINNING...
Where did you come up with the $40-45 million number? Seems completely pulled out of your backside.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Yep, I can't read..

But to be sure, do you mean to insinuate that Dak's agent isn't asking for 45, in order to counter-offer down from an inflated initial bargaining position?

I'm pretty sure, most skillful negotiators start out asking for the moon, just to repeatedly counter-offer in "good faith," so as to "meet in the middle," while actually arriving at a figure they always considered ideal from the outset.

The problem with Dak's camp is that he'd poisoning the water hole, if he doesn't perform at levels that aren't even attainable, the entire team and most of the fan base will utterly hate him for decimating our teams competitiveness, for nothing more than his raw greed. I'd bet he'd sell Zeke and Cooper down the river, just to make a couple million more...

*Newsflash* Leading a football team doesn't involve worshiping money, and doing everything necessary to bite, claw, and scrounge his way for a few more dollars. It's pretty pathetic.

I thought the guy had high character, but his selfishness screams failure, and I fear he'll never even return to 2016 levels of play..

If you want to do it right as a Dallas Cowboy, you learn to play the game Jerry's been peddling with current and former Cowboys for decades, which is nothing more than simply playing nicely with the organization while leaving it all on the field. Nobody is going to sit here and claim Jerry hasn't always attempted to pay and overpay his guys. That said, Dak's apparently so self-centered that even Jerry, as deluded and senile as he is, can't even be convinced - that's a pretty impressive feat..

If Dak gets anything close to what he's asking, not only will be forever box himself into a future of unrealistic expectations, constant scorn, and unrelenting criticism, but he'll be subjected to this all while suiting up with an inferior team, just because he's apparently a selfish punk. People that blinded can't be trusted to actually give a crap about the team.

Show me a guy willing to give concessions in a salary negotiation like this, in honor and respect for the Dallas Cowboys, and I'll show you a man setting himself up to be an undying legend, with generational wealth so vast his great grandchildren will be trust fund babies...

Dak just doesn't understand Texas or what it means to be a real Dallas Cowboy, and he makes me sick... I wish he'd go back to that guy who said and did everything you could ask for in 2016, but that seems like a distant memory now...

You can't win with a player like that; I'm sorry to all the Dak supporters, but it's true...
Somebody else explained it before I could get back.
Both the Cowboys and the Daks agent have both denied the rumor of making the FIFTH YEAR of a contract at $45.
Not only was that fake but word is from the Dak camp that any deal with a 5 year plan in it is a NON STARTER.

So can we stop with this silly threads that first originate from some silly rumor and after that seem to take on a life of it's own.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Defense wins championships.

We had a 5k yard passer, top offensive rankings and still went 8-8. We need a top 3-5 D to compete in the postseason.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I RATHER PAY THE GUY THAT JUST GOT THROUGH THROWING FOR DANG NEAR 5K YARDS LAST YEAR UNDER HORRIBLE COACHING CONDITIONS. Dak should be paid NOW. Dalton is no Dak. He's a short term bus driver. PERIOD. INSURANCE IS WHAT Andy is.

So he passed for near 5,000 yards for an 8-8 team.....of course that deserves a huge new contract.

plasticman

Reaction score
Fans continue to swallow the Jones propaganda.

When did Dak or his agent ever demand 40 to 45 million dollars a year? When has that ever been a specific quote and where can we find it?

Jerry Jones has never deserved our blind trust when it comes to the words coming out of his mouth.