Would You rather pay Dak $40m or spread it around on defense?

Rayman70

Reaction score
So he passed for near 5,000 yards for an 8-8 team.....of course that deserves a huge new contract.
it does. Its a team sport. He did his part. The others did not. Mainly the defense and coaches. You and I may not like it, but the market dictates price. He's gonna get overpaid now..but later it will look like a bargain.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Pay Dak the $40-45M he's so selfishly demanding or spread that cash around on the defense???

Imagine the players we could acquire for that kind of coin!!

dallas-signs-qb-andy-dalton-to-1-year-deal-1000x600.jpg

Please, Jerry!!! Please just let Dak walk for nothing and roll Dalton, then go out and spend that money on an ELITE defense...

Try to justify it anyway you can, but Dak simply does not embody the heart and attitude of a true Dallas Cowboys' QB1 - it's a privilege, and he doesn't have any business in that roll - to bad, he isn't able to look past his covetous desires as necessary to build up the entire TEAM, so he might actually win a SB..

Anyone who actually believes Dak wants a SB has got to have serious issues - he's obviously only concerned with one thing: his money, and grubbing for every single dirty penny he can steal from the team...

Please, Jerry - eliminate the problem NOW. Show all the players that being a Dallas Cowboy means more than worshiping money; instead, guys like Troy knew exactly what it being the DC QB1 is really all about - WINNING...

Well....

Organisations are always what their leader envisions. And JJ is all about the money......

Its the same as poo attracts flies. So you get: DLaw, Jaylon, Elliot and now Prescott.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Fair enough, but the question remains: would you rather spend that money on the defense, or give it all to a guy who doesn't even acknowledge the benefit of being QB1 for the best sports franchise in the world.

If he would have just demonstrated even the sliver of compromise, he'd not only be setting a positive example for our other players, but he'd also escape the almost unimaginable scorn DFW will heap upon him for his entire life, should he continue coming up short....

Take a nice contract, have a little success, and BOOM, not only would he be a Texas legend forever, but he and his entire family would be much, much more than financially secure for the rest of their lives...

Pigs get fed; hogs get slaughtered.

Serve is up some bacon, Jerry!!!
Did you say that when he was making peanuts and still going to the playoffs? Did you ever hear him complaining about the peanuts he was making during his career. I really hate to put you on IG because I kinda like you, but...

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Just imagine how awesome he'd be if the entire offense wasn't completely STACKED...

Yeah, he'd probably be about as good as we've come to see when he's busy pooping the bed...

I can't wait until we're losing critical pieces all along the team, because one thing's for sure, he's sure as hell not throwing for 5K yards if he was playing with the teams Dalton has been leading...

Notice the way a real QB takes over and DOMINATES during the most important games...

His defense was #1 in the league and had a record breaking turnover ration in the SB. You'll be missed my friend.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Pay Dak the $40-45M he's so selfishly demanding or spread that cash around on the defense???

Imagine the players we could acquire for that kind of coin!!

Please, Jerry!!! Please just let Dak walk for nothing and roll Dalton, then go out and spend that money on an ELITE defense...

Try to justify it anyway you can, but Dak simply does not embody the heart and attitude of a true Dallas Cowboys' QB1 - it's a privilege, and he doesn't have any business in that roll - to bad, he isn't able to look past his covetous desires as necessary to build up the entire TEAM, so he might actually win a SB..

Anyone who actually believes Dak wants a SB has got to have serious issues - he's obviously only concerned with one thing: his money, and grubbing for every single dirty penny he can steal from the team...

Please, Jerry - eliminate the problem NOW. Show all the players that being a Dallas Cowboy means more than worshiping money; instead, guys like Troy knew exactly what it being the DC QB1 is really all about - WINNING...

First off this is nonsense because you believe the SPECULATION ONLY of the 40-45 mil contract. You're just sticking to that because you're a Prescott hater and you think it's a valid argument when those contract amounts are only speculation. Next, your babble on heart and attitude is a crock and just more hatred coming through. Prescott's team mates, not Prescott haters, say he's a leader and always gives off a positive attitude and a desire to win on every play. So you from your couch you want to dictate what players get paid what. Sorry it don't work that way. Your big cure is to go with a QB that got cut in favor of a college player who hasn't taken a single snap in the NFL. That's not a very good recommendation of what his abilities are now. Some fans may think it's a smart move, but NFL GM's aren't going to just let their starting QB that is just starting to move into his prime years who just led his team with the #1 offense in the league, had the second most passing yards, the 2nd most completions of 20+ and 40+ yards passes just walk away. That is something that a wannabe GM would do but not a real GM. One more thing, you brought up Aikman but failed to mention that Aikman has publicly said the Cowboys should pay Prescott. You're arguments are full flaws, most being you thinking they're the smart thing to do.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Fair enough, but the question remains: would you rather spend that money on the defense, or give it all to a guy who doesn't even acknowledge the benefit of being QB1 for the best sports franchise in the world.

If he would have just demonstrated even the sliver of compromise, he'd not only be setting a positive example for our other players, but he'd also escape the almost unimaginable scorn DFW will heap upon him for his entire life, should he continue coming up short....

Take a nice contract, have a little success, and BOOM, not only would he be a Texas legend forever, but he and his entire family would be much, much more than financially secure for the rest of their lives...

Pigs get fed; hogs get slaughtered.

Serve is up some bacon, Jerry!!!

Another person who thinks he speaks for all Cowboys fans and that all Cowboys fans will heap scorn on Prescott if he does what just about every player in the NFL does and that's get as much as he can. Sorry the Prescott haters may do that but the over whelming majority of Cowboys fans once the season starts will be rooting for the Cowboys which will include Prescott. The haters can act like little kids with their I'll just take my ball and leave attitude but the rest of us will be rooting for the Cowboys. You have idea that because he's the QB of the Cowboys that he should take a small contract just because it's the Cowboys. Sorry, it doesn't work like that.

morat1959

Reaction score
Another person who thinks he speaks for all Cowboys fans and that all Cowboys fans will heap scorn on Prescott if he does what just about every player in the NFL does and that's get as much as he can. Sorry the Prescott haters may do that but the over whelming majority of Cowboys fans once the season starts will be rooting for the Cowboys which will include Prescott. The haters can act like little kids with their I'll just take my ball and leave attitude but the rest of us will be rooting for the Cowboys. You have idea that because he's the QB of the Cowboys that he should take a small contract just because it's the Cowboys. Sorry, it doesn't work like that.
Has nothing nothing to do with being the QB of the Cowboys. He should take less because he’s average at best.

Jeffkills

Reaction score
Did you say that when he was making peanuts and still going to the playoffs? Did you ever hear him complaining about the peanuts he was making during his career. I really hate to put you on IG because I kinda like you, but...

I don't have a problem with Dak, per se, but it just irks me when a player can't even offer a semblance of compromise out of honor and respect the TEAM he's supposed to love..

Even a small concession from Dak would do wonders for his perception, so I guess my problem with him is the inability to part with even some nominal amount of money. It screams tacky, and to me, it demonstrates where his true prerogatives lie..

I just wish he'd do something like take a million dollar loss on the deal, something small, to demonstrate that his commitment to the team means a little more than the money he can exploit from the game...

It's the same reason, we all loved those true-blue Dallas Cowboy players, who showed fans that being a Dallas Cowboy was the most important thing to them... I just totally lose allegiance and interest in a person with no loyalty, and who doesn't honor anything properly because they're otherwise totally caught up in that little extra cash, which somehow matters...

I've gotta speak the truth; money won't make you happy. But true and loyal friends, family, and teammates aren't even capable of being appraised...

Go Cowboys...

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Has nothing nothing to do with being the QB of the Cowboys. He should take less because he’s average at best.

A fans perspective from sitting on his couch. Players ranked as the #1 free agent in the entire league aren't just average at best. Lets see should we listen to someone who's NFL experience is entirely from his couch or should we listen to a HOF QB that knows just a little bit, actually ten to infinity times more than you about playing QB in the NFL. Aikman has publicly said that the Cowboys should pay Prescott. I don't think he would say that about a QB that is at best average. But you can think you're the wise and wonderful OZ and know more if that makes you feel good and makes you feel like you know what you're talking about.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with Dak, per se, but it just irks me when a player can't even offer a semblance of compromise out of honor and respect the TEAM he's supposed to love..

Even a small concession from Dak would do wonders for his perception, so I guess my problem with him is the inability to part with even some nominal amount of money. It screams tacky, and to me, it demonstrates where his true prerogatives lie..

I just wish he'd do something like take a million dollar loss on the deal, something small, to demonstrate that his commitment to the team means a little more than the money he can exploit from the game...

It's the same reason, we all loved those true-blue Dallas Cowboy players, who showed fans that being a Dallas Cowboy was the most important thing to them... I just totally lose allegiance and interest in a person with no loyalty, and who doesn't honor anything properly because they're otherwise totally caught up in that little extra cash, which somehow matters...

I've gotta speak the truth; money won't make you happy. But true and loyal friends, family, and teammates aren't even capable of being appraised...

Go Cowboys...

People like you make me laugh. First you speak of player loyalty for the team which means he's supposed to do a team friendly deal that helps the team and just forget about what his needs and wants are. I just laugh at that loyalty talk because teams prove it over and over and over again that they don't have loyalty towards players. Most of the time they wait until a player's cap hit is low enough and then they release him. Other times they just take the big cap hit and release the player. Loyalty is a two way street but the fans only see the player's side of that street. Here's something you miss with your flawed loyalty idea. Prescott last season said that his next contract will be enough that nobody in his family will ever have to worry about money. That doesn't sound like someone just interested in making money for himself. His mother passed away some time ago and his brother recently did but I'm sure he has other family members that he wants to take care of. So it's wrong to first have loyalty to your family instead of a team that doesn't show players loyalty. Just look at the 25 free agents this season and how many were let go without any contract offer but when they were first signed I'm sure the Cowboys said how happy they were that they signed with the Cowboys. Then a couple years later it was see ya.
Now I have zero doubts that Prescott really loves being a Cowboy and I also think that he should be able to get as much money as he can just like most other players in the league.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Go Cowboys...
Aikman and Emmitt didn't take less girlyman.

Rayman70

Reaction score
its all about market value. SUPPLY AND DEMAND AT QB. Like any business, that's how it works. Doesn't matter what we think. Matters what the market is.

Jeffkills

Reaction score
Aikman and Emmitt didn't take less girlyman.

:eek:

Okay, but only clinically insane freaks would ever dare include Dak RE a conversation involving 8 or 22...

From 0 - 100, where 0 is terrible and 100 is the very best, both 8 & 22 equate to numbers inside the 90's... I'm not sure Dak's number eclipses 65.

Again, Dak won't ever properly belong in conversation with those two - simply ludicrous, Mayne...

Flamma

Reaction score
:eek:

Okay, but only clinically insane freaks would ever dare include Dak RE a conversation involving 8 or 22...

From 0 - 100, where 0 is terrible and 100 is the very best, both 8 & 22 equate to numbers inside the 90's... I'm not sure Dak's number eclipses 65.

Again, Dak won't ever properly belong in conversation with those two - simply ludicrous, Mayne...

Also both 8 and 22 didn't play under a cap when they first signed a new deal. Afterwards I don't know. No cap, I don't care if they get paid 100 mil. a year. Not my money.

The one thing I'm not so sure about is the trade off between Dak and defensive players. How many impact players on defense can Dallas get if they didn't pay Dak? They want a lot of money too. By letting Byron go it pretty much tells me they fully intend to sign Dak.

zerofill

Reaction score
IMO, it doesn’t matter what any of us would want to do with that money. Dak will be the starting QB here for years. The saga of many fans getting upset about allegations of what Dak is demanding or how “over-priced” he is, are in my view over blown.

Dak is going to get paid a king’s ransom, not because he is worth every penny, but simply because that’s what the NFL QB market does with starting QBs. NFL teams overpay for starting QBs because finding an above average, durable QB in this league is much more difficult than any other position in football.

You are right... It really doesn't matter... we already know they will cave and give him whatever...
Like I said before... I loved Romo at QB, but wanted to smack someone in the FO when they did his contract. Dude never had talent around him like this team has, but it could have been a lot better.

Now, we are stuck with the same type of crap...

Look, I would love to have Mahomes for example, but I don't even think I want to pay him what he is going to get.

Dallas just doesn't have a good track record of utilizing talent in the best ways. Sure we have new coaches, but I don't know if things will change.

History kinda proves, we need a stellar team to get back to winning...

Jeffkills

Reaction score
Also both 8 and 22 didn't play under a cap when they first signed a new deal. Afterwards I don't know. No cap, I don't care if they get paid 100 mil. a year. Not my money.

The one thing I'm not so sure about is the trade off between Dak and defensive players. How many impact players on defense can Dallas get if they didn't pay Dak? They want a lot of money too. By letting Byron go it pretty much tells me they fully intend to sign Dak.
Dude, I’d like to stack the D, and look for ball hawks in the back end.

nobody wants to acknowledge the obvious problem, Dak doesn’t understand how to properly obtain wealth and power...

Just think about how low player salaries used to be, then think back to Dak’s intention to squeeze every single last penny...

Players used to get like thousands of dollars, and as the visual team leader, he’s unable to understand how to do business, with JJ of all people... I swear, I’d go and buy a Dak jersey if he publicaly left a few million dollars on the table, because he loved playing for America’s Team and wants to demonstrate how other players on the team can also follow his lead, so we could field the most competitive team..

Unfortunately, Dak isn’t capable of playing nice with Jerry, because he’s seriously worried about every dollar, while failing to understand the true score is winning a SB in Dallas.

He’d be able to easily make a ton of money for commercials, local spots, or an almost unlimited income running for profit businesses in DFW...

Hell, Roger’d be able to advise him about his realty business.

But nope, Dak’s like losing his mind over losing his precious money; forget about showing some class and setting a positive example for other players' he’s snubbing his nose at Texas busmess, which seems quite obviously is more valuable than eating a few million dollars...

Guy doesn’t belong in Dallas, since he obviously doesn’t bleed blue.. I can’t support a guy who’s more worried about losing a dispraportunatly small and insignificant aamount of money my more than his loyalty or desire to be a Dallas Cowboy...

I’ve gotta side with Dak in one respect; however, he’s going to need every single thin dime he can suck outta’ Jerry’s money hose, considering that no matter how much he earns, he’d likely never have the cash needed to buy himself a little class...

Last edited: