Would you tag and trade DLaw for two 1st round picks?

Discussion in 'Roster Zone' started by Hawkeye0202, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Hawkeye0202

Hawkeye0202 Well-Known Member

4,790 Messages
    7,020 Likes Received
    Furboy likes this.
  2. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

6,813 Messages
    4,579 Likes Received
    So the Raiders trade their pass rusher for 2 1st round picks and then trade those same 1st round picks for a not quite as good pass rusher?

Amazing people get paid to write for these websites

jay94, texbumthelife, charron and 8 others like this.
  3. John813

John813 Well-Known Member

9,192 Messages
    9,631 Likes Received
    Oakland didn't want to sign Mack, rumors were due to agent and/or not having the capital for his signing bonus.

I doubt they would trade off their top 5 pick and another one for a guy they need to pay big time to keep.

4. Longboysfan

Longboysfan hipfake08 Zone Supporter

12,192 Messages
    5,030 Likes Received
    They could get the Cowboys to Franchise D Law then swing a trade for him below the two picks.

5. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

33,235 Messages
    29,409 Likes Received
    They will not sign DLaw if made available.

The have a lot of picks. They can go get Nick Bosa in stead of signing a DE FA

condoin125 likes this.
  6. condoin125

condoin125 Well-Known Member

512 Messages
    538 Likes Received
    You don't go and sign DLaw to a big contract when your team is nowhere near ready to compete. You go draft either Bosa or Allen on a cheap contract and keep your picks.

7. Hawkeye0202

Hawkeye0202 Well-Known Member

4,790 Messages
    7,020 Likes Received
    Actually, the article list at least 4 teams could be interested if he hit the open market.

As Oakland, Gruden and Davis have bragged about a boatload of capital ( draft picks and cap space ) they have for 2019.

8. Future

Future Intramural Legend

19,410 Messages
    4,953 Likes Received
    No.

He is the best player on this team. Who knows how long it would be before they're able to replace him.

LACowboysFan1 likes this.
  9. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

11,724 Messages
    5,097 Likes Received
    Not for any realistic deal. I mean if Arizona wanted him and I could draft Nick Bosa, I'd do it. But realistically, they wouldn't. If the Raiders offered us the picks they got for Mack, i.e. a late 2018 first rounder and 2019 first rounder that looks to be late as well and a few mid round picks, I would prefer Lawrence.

10. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

7,750 Messages
    2,616 Likes Received
    I sure would listen to any team offering two draft picks for him, as long as at least one of those two draft picks is a 1st rounder. Buy low, sell high. This draft is stacked with defensive linemen ready to start day one.

11. robertfchew

robertfchew Well-Known Member

702 Messages
    455 Likes Received

and he no showed in the playoffs just like mack did. Unfortunately we are stuck with him now.

12. Furboy

Furboy Well-Known Member

6,323 Messages
    6,873 Likes Received
  13. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian @BrianLINY Zone Supporter

14,986 Messages
    3,808 Likes Received
    Zeke is the best player on the team. I'd argue Martin, Frederick, and Jones are all better as well.

texbumthelife and DcFootball4 like this.
  14. Keithfansince5

Keithfansince5 Well-Known Member

2,701 Messages
    2,595 Likes Received
    Where do I sign? I am ready. 2 first round picks, heck yeah. I would fix that DL in a hurry.

Otto65 and DcFootball4 like this.
  15. DcFootball4

DcFootball4 Active Member

188 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    If we could get ourselves a couple 1st and get a big hog for the middle of our dl. I would be so psyched!

Keithfansince5 likes this.
  16. charron

charron Well-Known Member

2,292 Messages
    2,394 Likes Received
    We have the money to pay a double digits sack guy so we just need to keep him. Even if taco, Randy, whomever step up we need all we can get to make a SB run.

17. nightrain

nightrain Since 1971 Zone Supporter

3,385 Messages
    5,339 Likes Received
    The Cowboys should get him under a LT contract (better late than never). No one is giving 2 1st round pick for DLaw.

18. Leedscowboy

Leedscowboy Active Member

229 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    NO, if Elite edge rushers are so easy to find with draft picks, then they would be paid like Kickers, as Elite edge rushers get old QB money it means they are harder to find, even having 2 draft picks in the 1st round is no gurantee that you can replace the production.

19. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

10,727 Messages
    8,159 Likes Received
  20. jay94

jay94 Well-Known Member

885 Messages
    445 Likes Received