Would you take Jordy Nelson?

Swagger

Reaction score
Now that the Raiders have signed Tyrell Williams I could see them moving on from Nelson.

If we could sign him on a vet deal I would take him.

He runs good routes with good hands and I think Prescott would enjoy playing with him.

Could provide very good production for a year or two.

Thoughts?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
No idea how he played last year, but I don't think they're done with him just yet.

John813

Reaction score
Jordy looked great against Miami(who has a good secondary). Probably could of gone over 200 had the Raiders not gone flat on offense/went away from him.
Based off that showing I wouldn't mind him coming here on a short term basis on a "honest offer".

Probably would rather take him over Hurns

I like the signing of Williams for the Raiders.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now that the Raiders have signed Tyrell Williams I could see them moving on from Nelson.

He runs good routes with good hands and I think Prescott would enjoy playing with him.

Thoughts?

He was actually my "Dez replacement" candidate last year, so I would have signed him then. But now? When Cooper is here and Gallup is starting to establish himself? I think that ship has sailed.

Nelson did finish really strong last year and if I'm not mistaken, I think the Raiders just paid him a contract bonus to keep him.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
He is a tactician as a route runner and would be good out of the slot. Need not be an every down player. Something to consider.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
for the love of god why? jordy was a good b player WR but he's done. let him get on with the rest of his life.

Ddisco22

Reaction score

Thoughts?
Nope, we can do better.

perrykemp

Reaction score
He has been getting by on savvy for a couple for 2-3 years now. Physically he is a shell of his former self.

Carson

Reaction score
I just want to sign somebody that will start and or is worth a damn

dckid

Reaction score

Thoughts?
I don't think he is worth it. Why take playing time away from young guys on the outside? If i remember correctly, Rogers was throwing him open his last few years in GB. We all know Dak can barely hit open guys.

conner01

Reaction score
I don’t see the need
We have cooper and Gallup
We have a nice prospect in Wilson as the 3rd WR and we can draft a young guy
WR is not the place to spend, though I’m wondering if we spend at any place

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
for the love of god why? jordy was a good b player WR but he's done. let him get on with the rest of his life.
“Our guys” don’t include a #3 receiver, and we need one.

I think most that object to the idea of Jordy do so based on him not being the player he was in Green Bay a few years ago, but we don’t need him to be. We aren’t looking for a #1 or even #2 receiver, and we aren’t looking to pay for that either.

So, the question is what he would cost, and obviously if he checks out physically.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My bad,
I'd like to see if we can pick up G. Tate
Tate is, and would be a good player, but I don’t think they will pay that much, and I’m not sure Tate would be happy going from the 120 or so targets he is used to, to the 80-90 he would likely get in Dallas.

Ddisco22

Reaction score
Tate is, and would be a good player, but I don’t think they will pay that much, and I’m not sure Tate would be happy going from the 120 or so targets he is used to, to the 80-90 he would likely get in Dallas.
I can't see him getting more than a 1-2 year deal, we can handle that for what he can bring. They have to replace Beas production and I just don't see it happening at 58. Not saying he is Cole but he can probably bring more than the other FA's out there at that position.
IMO