Would you take Jordy Nelson?

Swagger

Reaction score
Fair replies guys.

I just think that he would play very well with Prescott.

The guy barely drops a ball and as others have stated, runs very intelligent routes which would negate his slightly decreasing pace.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't see him getting more than a 1-2 year deal, we can handle that for what he can bring. They have to replace Beas production and I just don't see it happening at 58. Not saying he is Cole but he can probably bring more than the other FA's out there at that position.
IMO
If Tate would do a short term deal and was willing to accept a reduced workload, that would be great. I’m skeptical though. As for not being Cole, Tate has had a much more productive and consistent career than Beasley, so replacing Beasley’s production wouldn’t be a problem. I don’t know why he wouldn’t be looking for a much better payday than Beasley got

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Now that the Raiders have signed Tyrell Williams I could see them moving on from Nelson.

If we could sign him on a vet deal I would take him.

He runs good routes with good hands and I think Prescott would enjoy playing with him.

Could provide very good production for a year or two.

Thoughts?

They still have 32m$ in cap space after Antonio. Keeping Jordy as a #3 WR with only a 5m$ cap hit isn’t that bad of an idea for them.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
“Our guys” don’t include a #3 receiver, and we need one.

I think most that object to the idea of Jordy do so based on him not being the player he was in Green Bay a few years ago, but we don’t need him to be. We aren’t looking for a #1 or even #2 receiver, and we aren’t looking to pay for that either.

So, the question is what he would cost, and obviously if he checks out physically.
well he's not as old as i thought. the list isn't all that impressive when golden tate is at the top.

cobb and perriman could be ones to give a look also. cobb may be done. good but always hurt.

Ddisco22

Reaction score
If Tate would do a short term deal and was willing to accept a reduced workload, that would be great. I’m skeptical though. As for not being Cole, Tate has had a much more productive and consistent career than Beasley, so replacing Beasley’s production wouldn’t be a problem. I don’t know why he wouldn’t be looking for a much better payday than Beasley got
True, he probably is and knowing the Jones fam they won't like it.
Maybe I'm wrong but seems like they are stingy, basing that on what we've read so far in FA. They low balled ET, same with Beas or else they would both be here IMO, probably not willing to give Tank what he should get.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True, he probably is and knowing the Jones fam they won't like it.
Maybe I'm wrong but seems like they are stingy, basing that on what we've read so far in FA. They low balled ET, same with Beas or else they would both be here IMO, probably not willing to give Tank what he should get.
It’s hard to spend too much on a #3 receiver, especially for a team that runs the ball more than most teams. But you are right that they are conservative with free agents, especially ones from other teams. They have spent big on their own though, as seen with the Dez contract, and the Smith, Frederick and Martin contracts, but I think they need to loosen the purse strings just a bit on outside guys. Not too much - there is still a cap to manage - but some. Even one key outside free agent would make it more possible to deal with other areas in the draft.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
well he's not as old as i thought. the list isn't all that impressive when golden tate is at the top.

cobb and perriman could be ones to give a look also. cobb may be done. good but always hurt.
Tate would be pretty impressive as a #3, but I doubt that’s what he’s looking to be or how he wants to be paid.

mcduff

Reaction score
Now that the Raiders have signed Tyrell Williams I could see them moving on from Nelson.

If we could sign him on a vet deal I would take him.

He runs good routes with good hands and I think Prescott would enjoy playing with him.

Could provide very good production for a year or two.

Thoughts?
Would rather use the space developing Brown and seeing if Wilson of Boise is the sleeper some thought he could be..

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For What? We don't need him

Im not saying it has to be Tate, but we somebody as the #3 receiver who is more than a token player on the field and who can step up if Cooper or Gallup get hurt.

Gremell12

Reaction score
Experience, good guy, works hard, smart and high football IQ. Might be able to move him around the field abit. I wouldn’t break the bank for him but man, i think he’d be a great fit. We have cooper and who else with some good experience in our receiving core?

Dre11

Reaction score
Im not saying it has to be Tate, but we somebody as the #3 receiver who is more than a token player on the field and who can step up if Cooper or Gallup get hurt.

I rather ride with Wilson and Hurns

Mannix

Reaction score
Why can't they just for ONCE just relive all doubt and go get Tate....this whole penny pinching thing has me so mad that I can't see straight!!! They could have used part of Lee's and Witten's money....bringing them back made ZERO sense.

Reactions: ICP

ICP

Reaction score
Why can't they just for ONCE just relive all doubt and go get Tate....this whole penny pinching thing has me so mad that I can't see straight!!! They could have used part of Lee's and Witten's money....bringing them back made ZERO sense.
Tate is now a Giant