Would you take Jordy Nelson?

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Now that the Raiders have signed Tyrell Williams I could see them moving on from Nelson.

If we could sign him on a vet deal I would take him.

He runs good routes with good hands and I think Prescott would enjoy playing with him.

Could provide very good production for a year or two.

Thoughts?
Maybe he'll work for peanuts. Id take him before i did nothing. Id rather have had tate because he killed us but nelson isnt that bad

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Nope, pay our guys first
We only have a mid tier 7td a year #1 wr and the rest of the wrs and tes have losing stats. Were trying to pay winners and we havent won beans plus we just lost our 2nd best wr.

Our offense is dead last going into the draft. Its gonna take more than a jordy nelson to jumpstart this inept offense to overcome these scrub tes and 1 rb. We cant do nothing. Lol.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I rather ride with Wilson and Hurns
If I had really seen Wilson last year I might agree with you, and I hope your faith is justified. I’m just a bit shaky relying on faith. As for Huns, I really wanted to believe in him last year, but he didn’t show much. Admittedly some of that may be from lack of targets, but I can’t feel comfortable saying that’s the sole reason. Ultimately the offense was shaky last year even with Beasley, so I’m worried about not having an adequate replacement

Dre11

Reaction score
If I had really seen Wilson last year I might agree with you, and I hope your faith is justified. I’m just a bit shaky relying on faith. As for Huns, I really wanted to believe in him last year, but he didn’t show much. Admittedly some of that may be from lack of targets, but I can’t feel comfortable saying that’s the sole reason. Ultimately the offense was shaky last year even with Beasley, so I’m worried about not having an adequate replacement

For what Nelson can give us at this point. It's better to let someone on the roster to do it.

DRella

Reaction score
I don’t understand why we need to find a slot receiver when we have Hurns, Austin and Wilson that can do what Beasley did for us.

Understand that Hurns best season receiving was when he was utilized in Jacksonville as a slot receiver. Last season the Cowboys used him an outside WR more often then not.

Pair that with he and Austin not being involved as much as they should have due to play calling by our now gone OC. Even Beasley was not used as much as he should have been.

Save the dollars for real needs which is the DL and safety.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
I don’t understand why we need to find a slot receiver when we have Hurns, Austin and Wilson that can do what Beasley did for us.

Understand that Hurns best season receiving was when he was utilized in Jacksonville as a slot receiver. Last season the Cowboys used him an outside WR more often then not.

Pair that with he and Austin not being involved as much as they should have due to play calling by our now gone OC. Even Beasley was not used as much as he should have been.

Save the dollars for real needs which is the DL and safety.
Hurns was basically worthless for Dallas last year. Why do people think he is the answer? Can't blame it all on the OC. He couldn't get separation consistently.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For what Nelson can give us at this point. It's better to let someone on the roster to do it.

Something at or near Nelson’s numbers last year are exactly what would hope to get from a 3rd receiver. 49 ypg, 72% completion %. I don’t care if it’s Nelson or somebody else, and would love it to be Cedrick Wilson, I just don’t think any of us has that kind of feel for Wilson though.

Dre11

Reaction score
Something at or near Nelson’s numbers last year are exactly what would hope to get from a 3rd receiver. 49 ypg, 72% completion %. I don’t care if it’s Nelson or somebody else, and would love it to be Cedrick Wilson, I just don’t think any of us has that kind of feel for Wilson though.

I think we're fine. We also have Zeke as a receiver as well

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think we're fine. We also have Zeke as a receiver as well
Zeke can’t regularly be the 3rd receiver in 3 receiver sets. He still needs to be a running threat. And he can’t take the place of Cooper or Gallup if either gets hurt. If all we can throw out as a 3rd receiver is a 250-300 yard guy that takes a lot from the offense.

That said, I’ll give Wilson a chance if that’s how the Cowboys decide to go, but I’ll be nervous about it.

tico

Reaction score
Jordy > Hurns, he balled when they threw his way

Verdict

Reaction score
for the love of god why? jordy was a good b player WR but he's done. let him get on with the rest of his life.

No. We need to let him retire and let his legs freshen up and bring him back 5 years after he retires. Sort of like Witten. Can't beat those fresh legs.

Verdict

Reaction score
Im not saying it has to be Tate, but we somebody as the #3 receiver who is more than a token player on the field and who can step up if Cooper or Gallup get hurt.

We like tokens. They are really good to use to play arcade games.