Would you take Teddy at under 25 million Or Tak Dak for over 35 million?

Would you take Teddy at under 25 million Or Tak Dak for over 35 million

• Teddy

• Dak

Results are only viewable after voting.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
so let me get this straight, saving money signing our players wont help our cap to bring in new players?

you can stop salivating over dak , wake up, any money saved helps build the team around him

5mil is start on one player then a few mil here and there on others for GD sure hleps..

moving on..
Spending $5m on players who don't actually make a difference is what kills your cap.

Give me two FAs you could get for $5m who would be improvements to the point that they actually make the team better.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Spending $5m on players who don't actually make a difference is what kills your cap.

Give me two FAs you could get for $5m who would be improvements to the point that they actually make the team better.

can you not ADD or read? I said many times its not just that 5mil from dak, its 5mil added to whatever we else can spend say we only have 4 left and need 9 to get a safety or LB etc in FA that 5mil sure does make difference,..

its doesnt matter Dak isnt worth anything close to 35 , 30 is being nice IMO and the Dc would be stupid to give him 35.. saving money on any contract spread over many contracts =MORE
I can do addition saving 5 on daks deal, 4 on Amaris, 4 on Jones etc etc etc goes along way in FA additions regardless sof what the Dak defenders want to say,,the markets broke too many average players making too much and at some point a team has to make a stand.. 30mil makes Dak rich, super wealthy add his no state tax and his endorsements, if he and his agents cant relax their demand given all that info, ill take shot at a Journeymen FA and go drft hurts or another QB who are very similar to Dak in the 4th round..

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
can you not ADD or read? I said many times its not just that 5mil from dak, its 5mil added to whatever we else can spend say we only have 4 left and need 9 to get a safety or LB etc in FA that 5mil sure does make difference,..

its doesnt matter Dak isnt worth anything close to 35 , 30 is being nice IMO and the Dc would be stupid to give him 35.. saving money on any contract spread over many contracts =MORE
I can do addition saving 5 on daks deal, 4 on Amaris, 4 on Jones etc etc etc goes along way in FA additions regardless sof what the Dak defenders want to say,,the markets broke too many average players making too much and at some point a team has to make a stand.. 30mil makes Dak rich, super wealthy add his no state tax and his endorsements, if he and his agents cant relax their demand given all that info, ill take shot at a Journeymen FA and go drft hurts or another QB who are very similar to Dak in the 4th round..
Yes I can read, and no that $5 million doesn't make a difference because that $5 million doesn't get you anybody.

I'll make it easier on you. What free agent might we sign would we be $5m short of being able to get?

$5m is like 2.5% of the salary cap. It's completely irrelevant.

visionary

Reaction score
I have been critical of Dak many times and I absolutely do not want to hamstring the team by paying him anything more than 30 mill however if this is the choice, I’m taking Dak because he is more talented than Teddy and he is an alpha which you need at the QB position

Kwyn

Reaction score
You know why I don't mention consistency is because that's like taking care of your kids and not committing crimes sir. You're supposed to do,that so you'll get no credit from me for doing what your supposed to do. Yeah some players are injury prone and get knocked for it but just showing up to your job when healthy gets no credit at all.
It’s certainly a secondary factor but it’s still important. Favre’s ridiculous durability was definitely a factor in his teams success. In a discussion that so often focuses on the importance of having extremely high levels of play at the QB position, then being able to rely on your franchise QB is really important. Roethlisberger is a recent example and dead ending on how you feel about Stafford, he would be ok that discussion. Vick is another who comes to mind

Even Mahomes had injuries in 2018 and 2019 and both times it made for some dicey weeks for the Chiefs

Overall though I would tend to agree with your point on this

Trendnet

Reaction score
Yes I can read, and no that $5 million doesn't make a difference because that $5 million doesn't get you anybody.

I'll make it easier on you. What free agent might we sign would we be $5m short of being able to get?

$5m gets a Randall Cobb vs someone like Devin Smith.

Heck $7m in salary cap gets you a Robert Quinn starting at DE vs Dorance Armstrong at DE. Yes, additional money spent to a middling QB like Prescott hurts the team.

blueblood70

Reaction score

it matters you can argue to you are blue in the face but its why GMs/Owners thinks theres a huge difference in 30 or 35 paying for one players salary and it can be used with what ever else is left for your Cap..you have cap so one player taking up 5mil less gives you more to spend on someone else..

if it didnt matter there be no negotiations..ridiculous trying to tell me 5mil saving on one contract doesnt help the cap..

like I said daks not worth it anyway..30 or 35 is a bad plan for dak being our long term starter..i rather FT this year and maybe next why we groom the next guy.all hes shown to date is he can pad stats against the weak teams and be very average against the stronger defenses.. so im paying the guy on how he plays against the best= average

avg players dont get 30-35mil.. im not anti dak but im anti overpaying for a average player.. sure he plays above average even greta against washington and NY lol but you dont pay a guy who does that..

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
$5m gets a Randall Cobb vs someone like Devin Smith.

Heck $7m in salary cap gets you a Robert Quinn starting at DE vs Dorance Armstrong at DE. Yes, additional money spent to a middling QB like Prescott hurts the team.
Cobb doesn't make this team better. I don't think he's even an upgrade on D Smith - though they don't really play the same spot.

Quinn had a $10m contract, but the Dolphins ate some in the trade. If you signed Quinn as a FA last year, the contract would have been well over $10m.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
it matters you can argue to you are blue in the face but its why GMs/Owners thinks theres a huge difference in 30 or 35 paying for one players salary and it can be used with what ever else is left for your Cap..you have cap so one player taking up 5mil less gives you more to spend on someone else..

if it didnt matter there be no negotiations..ridiculous trying to tell me 5mil saving on one contract doesnt help the cap..

like I said daks not worth it anyway..30 or 35 is a bad plan for dak being our long term starter..i rather FT this year and maybe next why we groom the next guy.all hes shown to date is he can pad stats against the weak teams and be very average against the stronger defenses.. so im paying the guy on how he plays against the best= average

avg players dont get 30-35mil.. im not anti dak but im anti overpaying for a average player.. sure he plays above average even greta against washington and NY lol but you dont pay a guy who does that..
Matters so much that you can't name any players.

Dak isn't average.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ok - they can sign all the important ones.

Dak, Cooper, Byron, Quinn, Collins can all be done easily.

sure if they all take friendly deals and if stephen builds them the right way but the won't. That's just not how things seem to work here. Stephen will lead us to think he tried but he won't re-sign all these guys and probably shouldn't pending what they are asking for. If Byron really wants 15/year is he really worth it? Maybe worth up to 10 but its tough to pay more than that. Both Byron and Collins may have been screwed by scheme atleast part of the time but I wouldn't pay either a max contract. I hope you are right but we'll see how they decide to build this thing next year.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
sure if they all take friendly deals and if stephen builds them the right way but the won't. That's just not how things seem to work here. Stephen will lead us to think he tried but he won't re-sign all these guys and probably shouldn't pending what they are asking for. If Byron really wants 15/year is he really worth it? Maybe worth up to 10 but its tough to pay more than that. Both Byron and Collins may have been screwed by scheme atleast part of the time but I wouldn't pay either a max contract. I hope you are right but we'll see how they decide to build this thing next year.
Using Byron as an example..Even if he gets $15m/year, his cap hit is likely to be under $10m.

Those contracts can all be structured so that the cap hit is a fraction of what the AAV is, even if they aren't team friendly. It's not as if Dak is going to have a $35m cap hit.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Teddy takes $4 million over 4 years like Dak was paid, I would take him.

Teddy just made $12.5 million backing up Brees in 2019 so good luck with that.

I'd swear some folks just pull numbers out of the sky based solely on feelings.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
https://thelandryhat.com/2020/01/20/dallas-cowboys-dak-prescott-earn-big-payday/

this is the truth who cares who we use heck Pittsburgh used a OS qb and a 3rd string qb to go 8-8

read the article cant be more dead on brother..sorry Dak has a mirage of year , I like him but he shouldnt be anywhere in the convo at 30mil..it would be a monumental mistake..so 35 is just a joke..
Name players you want to sign.

Nope, that article is trash.

Tell me 10 QBs who would be better than Dak in this offense. You can't like Dak and think he shouldn't get over $30m. That's where quarterback contracts are. It's the exact same conversation as DLaw last year. Thinking Dak is going to get less than $30m means you think he is below avera

blueblood70

Reaction score
Name players you want to sign.

Nope, that article is trash.

Tell me 10 QBs who would be better than Dak in this offense. You can't like Dak and think he shouldn't get over $30m. That's where quarterback contracts are. It's the exact same conversation as DLaw last year. Thinking Dak is going to get less than $30m means you think he is below avera

the article is SPOT ON..wake up..

why guys like Tannehill and Garoppolo making less made the playoffs? others like RW and those in the 34plus range have made superbowls..

we dont need a list of 10, I do like dak but not mortgaging our future paying élite money to an average QB, hes not bad but hes far from Elite..thats the argument..

no tons of good layers made under 30 this season just because salarys are inflated doesnt mean makignuder that makes me hater for saying so..Payig wentz and Goff way above their worth should be signal ie warning for us to not go with the trend but to buck it..

we can drft another dak ie Jhurts in the 4th round build the defnse and go back to what not only has worked for us but teams like San farn, tiotans, and other teams this year that made the playoffs, a strong run game..we have Pollard and Zeke and an Oline to do this..

a case keenum was on a 10-6 playoff team, tannehaill this season, and the past shows if you build around them a journeymen lie fitzpatrick , foles, a dalton etc can help bridge to the next QB..take that 35 mil and spread it around the defense..new coaches, beter special teams, stronger defense, back to a run game oriented offense and we dont need an overpaid QB to run it..

you either have an aelite guy makig big money that can carry ateam at times vs an avg qb makig n elite money that cripples the aboity to build around a qb making less..

you can do both pay the elite guys the big money and if it challenges your roster fine but you cant waste respources on a qb if he has yet to proive he can put the team on his back when we really need it..

I truly do support dak, i do like him but not at that kind of money, i see the risk..The DC FO also should..

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Teddy just made $12.5 million backing up Brees in 2019 so good luck with that.

I'd swear some folks just pull numbers out of the sky based solely on feelings.
No, the numbers weren’t pulled out of the sky. They were pulled from Dak’s contract. The intent was we can’t get him that cheaply, and that’s what his worth should be for us considering Dak’s play for the same amount of money and anything more than that is too much.

In short, Teddy shouldn’t be a consideration for us. He’s not worth it.