Would you take Teddy at under 25 million Or Tak Dak for over 35 million?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by PAPPYDOG, Jan 19, 2020.

?

Would you take Teddy at under 25 million Or Tak Dak for over 35 million

1. Teddy

2. Dak

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. zack

zack Well-Known Member

3,233 Messages
    1,982 Likes Received
    Does Teddy Bridgewater throw the ball past 15 yards? Just curious?

2. America's Cowboy

America's Cowboy Well-Known Member

9,381 Messages
    13,628 Likes Received
    Clear vision? So you've got a better eye than the NFL coaches? So Dak doesn't have what it takes to play at this pro level? What have you been watching the past 4 years? Even high school coaches would laugh at your comment. Armchair wannabe coach who knows more than high school, college and pro coaches. LOL. Smh

irving likes this.
  3. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

15,172 Messages
    18,350 Likes Received
    You're speaking as if Jones is one person. Jones is realistically two people, not one. Their DNA is factual but I'm sure but what they don't necessarily agree on everything. There's Jerry and then there's Stephen. Jerry Jones will pay whatever it takes to retain Dak. Stephen Jones really isn't quite as likely to follow that pattern. Hence, It's why the FO is actually considering franchising him. I'm reasonably sure they will both get together and decide which route to take in terms of signing him, I certainly don't doubt that they both want him to stay with the Cowboys in the now and beyond. That's fair to say. They are sure to get together in the final decision as to what to offer as a settlement.

I think MM is attempting to fit in with his approval of what Dak means to this team's pride in selecting him in the fourth round and the nice value involved in that decision. If Stephen really felt Dak was worth $40 mil, he'd likely have been given a contract for that amount by now. Perhaps he'll be signed for 35 to 37 mil or something on that order -- it's quite difficult to predict exactly what to expect as a settling point. Dak's not going anywhere, that's more than likely a given. Here's hoping all parties see fit to settle for a workable deal when all's said and done. I do respect your opinions and hope for the best to come for the team and their long term future. Here's hoping we're all reasonably pleased with the results.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  4. JBell

JBell That's still my Quarterback

5,210 Messages
    5,540 Likes Received
    Another great contribution by @zrinkill

Runwildboys likes this.
  5. irishline

irishline Well-Known Member

1,532 Messages
    2,082 Likes Received
    I would take Dak in a heartbeat over Teddy. That said, he is not on that page because he didn't qualify to be on it, not because of his QBR (though it wasn't much higher than Rudolph).

From the page: Season Leaders: To qualify, a player must play a minimum of 20 action plays per team game. AKA a minimum of

America's Cowboy likes this.
  6. charron

charron Well-Known Member

5,258 Messages
    5,647 Likes Received
    The way I look at is like sign teddy and Quinn or Teddy and Byron or sign Dak. Cause that's what it is.

Runwildboys likes this.
  7. CowboyFanInLexKy

CowboyFanInLexKy Well-Known Member

513 Messages
    403 Likes Received
    I'd be all for giving Bridgewater 5 million more. It would still be cheaper than paying Dak more than he's worth.

8. PAPPYDOG

PAPPYDOG "It was a catchable pass" Zone Supporter

7,281 Messages
    9,698 Likes Received
    So far 40% would prefer Teddy.
    Now that sends the message that a large % of our fan base has doubts that Dak is truly the franchise QB for us now and in the future.
    Now munch on that when throwing your childish insults my way again.
    Dak will fail us not because he wants to but his talent base is sub-par to accomplish what the Job requires and demands.

P.S. Try and be Cowboy fans first and foremost then Dak-Groupies.

AmariChill likes this.
  9. Qcard

Qcard Well-Known Member

1,100 Messages
    1,003 Likes Received
    :lmao::thumbup::lmao2:

But what does 60% mean?

QB Whisper Electoral College?

rocyaice likes this.
  10. PAPPYDOG

7,281 Messages
    9,698 Likes Received
    40% is a big # and watch it grow as long as lemon Dak is under center.

11. Qcard

Qcard Well-Known Member

1,100 Messages
    1,003 Likes Received
    Pssstt....it doesn't matter how big 40% gets, it will never be bigger than 60% :huh::lmao2:

rocyaice likes this.
  12. AmariChill

AmariChill Well-Known Member

4,325 Messages
    7,992 Likes Received
    I don’t think you understand. Pappy is basically saying the people that believe we shouldn’t pay Dak a ridiculous amount of money/believe we should move on is not as small as everyone says. A lot of people like to say we’re a “minority” when it’s a 6-4 ratio of Dak lovers to People not fond of the idea paying Dak a ridiculous amount of money. That’s not too big of a gap.

13. PAPPYDOG

7,281 Messages
    9,698 Likes Received
    It's big when 40% of your fans here don't believe you are worthy the big payday.
    They don't believe it as they have serious doubts about his talent levels which are not Elite NFL QB status!

AmariChill likes this.
  14. zerofill

zerofill Well-Known Member

2,807 Messages
    4,398 Likes Received
    Teddy can be a great QB I think. He never gets a chance to actually play enough to get in a great groove. The problem I have with Teddy is that I don't know if you could every trust that leg for a long term deal.
    I mean the fact that he plays now, and plays well... especially when Brees was out is somewhat of a miracle heh. I just don't know if I would ever have the guts to sign him. He may be 100% and his leg stronger
    that it ever was. However, I think he faces that bias on his leg a lot.

Runwildboys likes this.
  15. PAPPYDOG

7,281 Messages
    9,698 Likes Received
    Neither one is deserving of leading the Star.
    Between the 2 give me Teddy in a Texas Heartbeat!

zerofill likes this.
  16. zerofill

zerofill Well-Known Member

2,807 Messages
    4,398 Likes Received
    Yeah my complaint all the time is being the most valuable franchise, and we can't find our own Mahomes. That drives me friggin nuts.

17. Aviano90

Aviano90 Go Seahawks!!!

9,297 Messages
    13,647 Likes Received
    Dak could lay us $40 million per year and you would still troll Dak.

P.S. You of all people should not tell anyone about being a fan. You are not a fan. You are simply a Dak troll. You’re not even a hater. You are a troll dating back to your 2016 weekly guarantees that Dak would no longer be the starter. You are dedicated though. 4 years later and you are still singing the same tune. Won’t discuss other Cowboys related issues but waking up everyday to troll Dak is priority #1 in your sad, miserable existence.

rocyaice likes this.
  18. SackMaster

SackMaster Well-Known Member

464 Messages
    958 Likes Received
    $25 million for a guy who has....

Never thrown for 15 TDs in a season
    Never thrown for 3,250 yards in a season
    Whose career TD% is lower than Dak (3.6 vs 4.7)
    Whose career INT% is higher than Dak (2.3 vs 1.7)

And you think it's fine to OVERPAY for that type of production that doesn't even come close to the guy he would replace?

So with the ADDITIONAL help we would need to make up for Teddy's shortcomings, which is more than Dak's, is $10 million enough to bring in the required pieces?

If you said yes to either one of those, then I'm thankful Jerry is the GM.

rocyaice likes this.
  19. Jumbo075

Jumbo075 Well-Known Member

1,477 Messages
    3,544 Likes Received
    Dak doesn't get hurt. Bridgewater's has missed entire seasons. Easy to answer this question.

rocyaice and zrinkill like this.
  20. bodi

bodi Well-Known Member

5,027 Messages
    2,529 Likes Received
    neither one