Would you take this trade offer for Dak?

Playmaker247

Reaction score
Because trading for Dak does not bring along all of the All-Pros that he needs to be even a mediocre QB... it just brings him.
Ahh the good ol he’s only good because of his supporting cast argument. People only use that argument when they can’t back up their claim because by no metric is Dak “mediocre.”

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Ahh the good ol he’s only good because of his supporting cast argument. People only use that argument when they can’t back up their claim because by no metric is Dak “mediocre.”
Nah people only use that argument because he’s repeatedly proven he’s only good because of his supporting cast. Nice try though.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Hypothetically...Say the Dolphins are on the clock at #5 in the up coming draft. Dak isn't signed yet and the Dolphins call and offer the #5 pick and Josh Rosen for Dak. Would you take it? I am not saying it will happen it's just a "what if" question. For me it would have to depend on who is on the board and if McCarthy thinks he can make something out of Rosen. Again, hypothetical question, I doubt anything like this would ever happen.

More to the point, if you were a Dolphins fan, would this hypothetical in any way look like a good deal to you?

No? Yeah, I don't think actual Dolphin fans, or Dolphin management. would find this deal anything but absurd.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I'd take the deal if Tua is on the board. Easiest way to win in the NFL is to get a stud QB on a rookie contract.

dallas72

Reaction score
Hypothetically...Say the Dolphins are on the clock at #5 in the up coming draft. Dak isn't signed yet and the Dolphins call and offer the #5 pick and Josh Rosen for Dak. Would you take it? I am not saying it will happen it's just a "what if" question. For me it would have to depend on who is on the board and if McCarthy thinks he can make something out of Rosen. Again, hypothetical question, I doubt anything like this would ever happen.
Tag Dak trade to Chargers for 2 #1s is more likely..u can sign T Bridgwater for 3 year 45 mil...draft DT Brown & #17 BPA ....saves u 20mil a year on Dak for FAs
Chiefs gave a #1 & #2 pick for F Clark ..Dak should get 2 #1s +

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes i'd take it all day long. I wouldn't pay top money unless its for an elite QB. What you do is trade out of the top 5 spot so you net 2 middle 1st round picks (prefer still 1 top 10). Draft a DE high then grab a quality running QB that you can develop. Now if rosen doesn't light things up then next year we will earn another top 10 1st round pick so do the same thing again trade down pick up another running QB later in the draft maybe round 2 or 3. Start designing plays like how the saints use hill, jet sweeps and reverses with both qb's on the field. These guys won't last long so every couple years you probably use another 2nd or 3rd round pick to grab fresh cannon fodder at QB while using big money at other positions like OL, WR, and defense to build a really good roster.

Sydla

Reaction score

What QBs are on the board at 5?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Absolutely not. Rosen has 0 value, since you'd be drafting a QB.

Basically, would you trade Tua for Dak, straight up which....no.