Would you trade Dak for 3 1sts?

Would you trade Dak for 3 1sts?

• Total voters

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
We're not going anywhere with Dalton. No

If we traded him then we'd better tank the season for the Clemson QB
What if I told you Dallas could get the Clemson QB, Young DT and a Safety all in the first.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I just want to get a feel for the community's stance on the possibility of trading Dak for 3 1sts.

I think at this point we need go with Dak and give this team a chance to win it with MM and the young core we have.

Adreme

Reaction score
Yes - because I wouldn't trade Mahomes / Jackson / Wilson / Watson for 3 firsts, and that's the money Dak is looking for.

Mahomes Jackson and Watson are going to shatter whatever the market Dak sets. If Dak gets 40, they are getting 45, if they choose to take it. The highest paid QB, is whichever QB in the top 13 as their contract up next, unless they decide to give up some money which is usually what happens on payday 2 or 3 and not payday 1.

As for the trade....probably. 3 firsts next year (I have no idea who has that many or how they would get them) is 3 bites at the tank for Trevor campaign. 4 years of cheap QB play could work out and if it doesnt just draft again next year and the year after. The benefit of having 3 firsts is that even though a first round QB is a 1/3 chance of being a not bust, if you traded 3 firsts for your not bust then you basically broke even on the picks on average, but saved 40m per year in cap space.

Basically I do not think any team that has traded multiple picks for any players has been happy with that trade. How are the Rams doing right now and they have not even truly had to deal with the reprocussions of that deal? How about the Bears? The Texans are getting carried by Watson, but lets see how they are after whatever lunacy their crazy GM is doing especially considering the massive market reset they gave Tunsil, who is not the best Tackle in his own draft class.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
I just want to get a feel for the community's stance on the possibility of trading Dak for 3 1sts.

Lmao! Who wouldn’t trade Dak for three firsts? But what team in their right mind would give up three firsts? The answer is NONE. Lol!

Skillit

Reaction score
Not a great comparison....I don’t think any QB in the league outside of TB in his prime and the short list of current 1st ballot HOFers are not gettable for 3 firsts.

With Red Rocket on board- yea, I’d let him go for a 1st and a 2nd. I was a supporter of Dak—but this contract thing is stupid. He’s asking for way too much money in comparison to his performance on the field.