Would you trade Dak for 3 1sts?

Would you trade Dak for 3 1sts?

• Total voters

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I just want to get a feel for the community's stance on the possibility of trading Dak for 3 1sts.
yes...absolutely....if we had mahomes, maybe not depending on the team (top 15 team) , everybody else in the league is tradable...including Dak..

then I would trade those 3, plus my own 1sts and move to the #1 over all pick (of course after the season so we know who has the top pick) and take Lawrence.

Tussinman

Reaction score
If the team doing the trade was bad enough I would even potentially consider a 1st and a 2nd. That would potentially be 4 top 40 picks next year + saving 35+ million in cap space. Would give McCarthy damn good cap space + picks to continue building whatever roster he wants

Darkhound

Reaction score
OF COURSE LOL BUT NONE ON THE RIGHT MINDS will accept that trade lol

dckid

Reaction score
Mahomes Jackson and Watson are going to shatter whatever the market Dak sets. If Dak gets 40, they are getting 45, if they choose to take it. The highest paid QB, is whichever QB in the top 13 as their contract up next, unless they decide to give up some money which is usually what happens on payday 2 or 3 and not payday 1.

As for the trade....probably. 3 firsts next year (I have no idea who has that many or how they would get them) is 3 bites at the tank for Trevor campaign. 4 years of cheap QB play could work out and if it doesnt just draft again next year and the year after. The benefit of having 3 firsts is that even though a first round QB is a 1/3 chance of being a not bust, if you traded 3 firsts for your not bust then you basically broke even on the picks on average, but saved 40m per year in cap space.

Basically I do not think any team that has traded multiple picks for any players has been happy with that trade. How are the Rams doing right now and they have not even truly had to deal with the reprocussions of that deal? How about the Bears? The Texans are getting carried by Watson, but lets see how they are after whatever lunacy their crazy GM is doing especially considering the massive market reset they gave Tunsil, who is not the best Tackle in his own draft class.
True,
In a normal market that will happen. But with Corona, maybe we play it safe, the cap could drop 25 million next year. :)
I am half joking but maybe its true to chance this. Dak is not better than Mahomes or Watson of course. I would pay Mahomes half the salary cap if required.

CWR

Reaction score
If you wanted to get a feel for how everyone values Dak you may ask a more realistic question.

Would you trade Dak for a 1st, a 2nd, and a 4th? Something like that I believe is a little more realistic scenario.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No player is worth 3 1sts. It's a ridiculous question, to begin with. Furthermore, Dak is not getting traded. These are the meandering thoughts of a Dak hating mind when bored during the offseason. This thread is garbage.

Canada180

bannedontherun88
Reaction score
oh I'm sorry I thought you asked would you give 3 firsts for someone to take him