Would you want Gronk to be a Cowboy next year?

ultron

Reaction score
The Patriots are 11-2 in the last 13 games that Gronk has been out & its no secret that he's often injured and the pats cut ties with aging players very quickly.

With that being said, if he doesn't retire - would you offer him a 1 year deal at his current salary (8m)?

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I don’t think Gronk has much left in the tank. His salary isn’t as enticing if it’s only for half the season. Lot of wear for a 29 year old.

Not to mention that with his incentive-laden contract not paying him much, I can see him retiring and making more in Hollywood without the physical strain.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
No. He's similar to Sean Lee. He's a good player (having Tom Brady throwing to you also doesn't hurt), but you can't help if you aren't on the field. Even when he plays he always seems to have something wrong with him. I'd rather sign a lesser name free agent or draft someone who can at least be relied upon to consistently be on the field.

Ozone22

Reaction score
No, stay with the youth movement they have going on. I'm sure there has to be someone coming out of college the next couple of years that will be decent for this team.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Patriots are 11-2 in the last 13 games that Gronk has been out & its no secret that he's often injured and the pats cut ties with aging players very quickly.

With that being said, if he doesn't retire - would you offer him a 1 year deal at his current salary (8m)?
what has he done this year to warrant that salary again?

let's go find an eric ebron or something and avoid him.

ksadler1

Reaction score
He's already hinted about retiring. Even without that, l'd steer clear of him. We have enough men-of-glass on this team...

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

When he's right, he's just about the biggest offensive weapon in the game and can lead you to the promise land. You have to hit a home run somewhere in order to win it all, if he is our one and only swing for the fence move then I'd do it. Otherwise no.

This is all just wishful thinking though, considering he'll be retiring this offseason anyways. He was going to retire if traded to the Lions this past offseason.

lopey

Reaction score

No to many injuries on those tires...

TheHerd

Reaction score
I don’t think Gronk has much left in the tank. His salary isn’t as enticing if it’s only for half the season. Lot of wear for a 29 year old.

Not to mention that with his incentive-laden contract not paying him much, I can see him retiring and making more in Hollywood without the physical strain.

This. He's Sean Lee - a beast when he plays but you know it isn't going to last.

To his credit, he has spent almost none of his NFL salary. He does lots of goofy local commercials and apparently he lives relatively simply and uses the endorsement money only. So yeah, I bet he does more of that and then gets a few silly movie roles to play up his personality, then he'll fade away and enjoy his life away from football.

Plus, his immature antics are cute when playing in New England, but I suspect the media would give him a hard time if a Cowboy was acting like that.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giphy.gif

kskboys

Reaction score
No, stay with the youth movement they have going on. I'm sure there has to be someone coming out of college the next couple of years that will be decent for this team.
That's what I was thinking.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score

Still a hell of a lot better than any TE we have.

Sure, if the price is right.