News: WP: CBS fires VP for writing ‘Republican gun toters’ killed in Las Vegas don’t deserve sympathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CBS fires VP for writing ‘Republican gun toters’ killed in Las Vegas don’t deserve sympathy

CBS confirmed to The Washington Post on Monday that Geftman-Gold was dismissed for her “deeply unacceptable” comments on social media.

“This individual, who was with us for approximately one year, violated the standards of our company and is no longer an employee of CBS,” the company said in a statement.

“Her views as expressed on social media are deeply unacceptable to all of us at CBS. Our hearts go out to the victims in Las Vegas and their families.”

“If they wouldn’t do anything when children were murdered I have no hope that Repugs will ever do the right thing,” wrote Geftman-Gold on Facebook, perhaps referring to Sandy Hook. “I’m actually not even sympathetic bc country music fans often are Republican gun toters.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ng-las-vegas-victims-do-not-deserve-sympathy/

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
People on the Left aren't used to being PC...... they haven't been held responsible for their words til now

The Right has been practiced in checking our language for ages

The Left is just as hateful and intolerant as they always paint the far Right to be

Ghost12

Reaction score
Good. What she wrote was disgusting. I mean, what is going through someone's mind when they write something like that? As despicable as it is to feel that way, how does your brain not filter out you openly airing such a reprehensible viewpoint???

diefree666

Reaction score
Good. What she wrote was disgusting. I mean, what is going through someone's mind when they write something like that? As despicable as it is to feel that way, how does your brain not filter out you openly airing such a reprehensible viewpoint???

To be blunt that person hates anyone that disagrees with her. Wants them dead. Not exactly a rare thing on the left side of the aisle.

Kathy Griffin was just more upfront then most.

Cmac

Reaction score
See reprehensible viewpoints on a variety of topics here....shouldn't have been said.

Did you know: 45 repealed Restrictions on mentally ill purchasing/having guns......within 30 days in office. That reprehensible and nothing will be said about it.

timb2

Reaction score
CBS fires VP for writing ‘Republican gun toters’ killed in Las Vegas don’t deserve sympathy

CBS confirmed to The Washington Post on Monday that Geftman-Gold was dismissed for her “deeply unacceptable” comments on social media.

“This individual, who was with us for approximately one year, violated the standards of our company and is no longer an employee of CBS,” the company said in a statement.

“Her views as expressed on social media are deeply unacceptable to all of us at CBS. Our hearts go out to the victims in Las Vegas and their families.”

“If they wouldn’t do anything when children were murdered I have no hope that Repugs will ever do the right thing,” wrote Geftman-Gold on Facebook, perhaps referring to Sandy Hook. “I’m actually not even sympathetic bc country music fans often are Republican gun toters.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ng-las-vegas-victims-do-not-deserve-sympathy/
Yeah that was low class and CBS did the right thing. People need to separate their own feelings when a real tragedy happens. CBS probably would have let the Republican comment slide even though it's greaseball still, but dissing Country Music fans was in bad taste. Maybe she will learn her lesson and get a heart from the Wizard of Oz and a lesson on compassion.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
I cannot imagine thinking something so horrible much less saying it. There are those that said Steve Scalise (sp) also caused his shooting and some of those are still on their respective cable shows. I just do not get it. I

Status
Not open for further replies.