Twitter: WR Cedrick Wilson out for year

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Exactly my thinking. I'd rather stash him on IR than lose him because we're stuck with Williams for another year.

But is it a stash at this point? I'm pretty sure he has to clear waivers. If another team likes him and is willing to carry him until the 53 cut they can claim him. Gotta pass waivers either way

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But is it a stash at this point? I'm pretty sure he has to clear waivers. If another team likes him and is willing to carry him until the 53 cut they can claim him. Gotta pass waivers either way

Honestly, I'm not exactly sure how they work at this point. But considering where he was drafted, and now the injury, I'd be shocked if anyone touched him even if they could.

thisiscowboyscountry

Reaction score
Unfortunate for Wilson, I was excited to see him throughout camp and the preseason. However, looking at the numbers at receiver he was facing an uphill battle and likely competing for the last roster spot with Thompson, Lenoir, and Brown. Next year Beasley, Austin, and Thompson are free agents, while Williams has a more flexible contract. Not all those guys will be back which could clear space if Wilson performs well.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm not exactly sure how they work at this point. But considering where he was drafted, and now the injury, I'd be shocked if anyone touched him even if they could.

It used to be that way. But I recall we lost an interior lineman that way. Giants lost a TE as well.

If I'm a crap team where my starters are inexperienced and will play a good amount of preseason snaps, is happily grab a guy I had a decent draft grade on

Verdict

Reaction score
I don't think he was going to get much of a chance this year anyways but obviously this is a step back and a bummer for him. Hopefully he comes back strong.

It's unfortunate but it does guarantee that we will have his right for another year without having to cut him.

Verdict

Reaction score
I doubt we would use it on him, but he will be ready to go by year's end and could be brought back if we don't use it on someone else.

cowboyec

Reaction score
was hoping he'd be a rookie surprise this year.
whoops.
probably why I DON'T work in the f/o...or the back office for that matter.

links18

Reaction score
This guy is so good, they are already stashing him on IR for the year like they did Rico!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This gives Cowboy Nation something else to look forward to next summer.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It used to be that way. But I recall we lost an interior lineman that way. Giants lost a TE as well.

If I'm a crap team where my starters are inexperienced and will play a good amount of preseason snaps, is happily grab a guy I had a decent draft grade on

I guess we'll have to wait and see then.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Well that sucks for the kid. I feel his pain. Without more details I would say he is heading to the table for a capsular shift, that will tighten the shoulder up. I had a torn labrum and walked around for 10 years with a jacked shoulder that was so unstable that every step the ball on the humerus would slide down, basically a small dislocation with every step if I left my shoulder muscles relaxed.