WR Emmanuel Sanders signs with Saints

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
My guy is Jon'Vea Johnson, but I'm scared of just having unprovens compete for the job. I'd rather see them earn the job over a proven player.

For example, if Cobb had left in FA because Smith or Wilson had cut into his playing time due to deserving it, then I'd be all for just letting them compete for the job. Not the case. Each player had opportunities and didn't take full advantage of them. Giving them a bigger role doesn't necessarily mean they will do better.
Of course we can't be sure that just wasn't a Garrett stupidity issue.

jnday

Reaction score
They did do something - a new coaching staff.
The coaching staff is not going to execute plays, pass the call or block. It seems like some of you think that MM walks on water now that he coaches the Cowboys. What excuse will be used when this coaching change makes little difference? I have seen coach after coach come and go in Dallas and the coaches that replace previous coaches, rarely makes much difference. Fans were blaming Linehan for everything, but when Moore replaced him, the stats looked good but the won/loss record didn’t. The MM hire was okay IMO, but he was not great in GB, especially if Rodgers easy playing.

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
He has become Saint Mikey around here. He has done nothing to deserve it so far, and the worship has gone a little overboard.

Yeah well it is the off season. Can't begin to prove it until September. Big difference between optimism and worship. No point in thinking the worst of him either.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Of course we can't be sure that just wasn't a Garrett stupidity issue.

I'm hoping everyone gets a clean slate and best player wins. However, I think we have to be prepared for the possibility that none of these guys can handle one of the top three WR spots.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For all the talk about a defensive draft, they better do something to address the offense losing close, low scoring games and the offense being horrible for the first three quarters of games.
They spent a lot of time playing catch up.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The coaching staff is not going to execute plays, pass the call or block. It seems like some of you think that MM walks on water now that he coaches the Cowboys. What excuse will be used when this coaching change makes little difference? I have seen coach after coach come and go in Dallas and the coaches that replace previous coaches, rarely makes much difference. Fans were blaming Linehan for everything, but when Moore replaced him, the stats looked good but the won/loss record didn’t. The MM hire was okay IMO, but he was not great in GB, especially if Rodgers easy playing.
That is an easy mistake to make, to assume it will be a raving success. I'm still liking the fact they made some kind of a change. How it works out will be the thing. Chemistry, schemes, personnel, etc.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cobb was not some top five WR before he chose to come to Dallas. His options was limited because some teams didn’t want him, so saying that he chose Dak over any of the other QBs in the league is a reach to say the least. Cobb wants to go with an accurate QB this time. His value is higher after catching all of those inaccurate passes from Dak and teams are starting to take notice that Dallas WRs have to be very good to catch Dak’s passes.
How is it a reach? Cobb could've played with anyone he wanted for 5 million a year. I'm trying to talk civil to you but I forgot you can't do that with you Dak haters ma. Are there any guys on this site who dislike Dak without posting a bunch of hyperbole and misinformation?

jnday

Reaction score
Yeah well it is the off season. Can't begin to prove it until September. Big difference between optimism and worship. No point in thinking the worst of him either.
I don’t think the worst if him, but he is suspect. I didn’t just change my opinion of him because he was hired as the Cowboy’s HC. I wish him luck, but I was never a fan of the type of teams that he fielded in GB. His sideline demeanor didn’t blow me away with feeling of self-confidence either. Maybe things will be different in Dallas.

jnday

Reaction score
Teams figured if they can produce with inept Dak they are worth every penny!
I agree with them. If they look good with Dak passing the ball to them, they will be great when an accurate QB is playing catch with them.

jnday

Reaction score
How is it a reach? Cobb could've played with anyone he wanted for 5 million a year. I'm trying to talk civil to you but I forgot you can't do that with you Dak haters ma. Are there any guys on this site who dislike Dak without posting a bunch of hyperbole and misinformation?
Cobb was not in big demand after an injury- plagued season with the Raiders. When he signed with a Dallas, there was concerns that he was washed up. I am being civil with you, but you must not like the facts presented.