WR group coming together?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
With Austin re-signing, I dont expect any more WR moves other than a Cooper extension and a possible draft pick. Looks like this is the group: Austin, Brown, Cooper, Gallup, Hurns, Wilson.

Cooper and Gallup make a nice 1-2 punch. I'm feeling good about the top two.

Brown offers things in the passing game but he always felt under utilized by Linehan so I dont really know what we have in him but he seems like good depth at least.

Hurns and Austin dont excite me much but they can come out of the slot. Under KM, I expect to see Cooper doing this more. I like Austin in PR, our best since Dwayne Harris.

That leaves Wilson. There was a hype thread about him recently which led me to dig up old articles on him and I'm excited for what he could bring. Other than that he missed his rookie year and so it's not fair to set high expectations.

Overall I feel good about the group. There's a chance a draft pick comes in but I'm also ok with spending the picks elsewhere and leaving room for Dak, Cooper, Gallup, and Wilson to develop together.

What are your opinions?

Best group they have had in a long time. Speed. Young. Vets. Legit number one. Village idiot no longer around to distract. They loved Wilson in camp. That group is ready to roll.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Really love the trio of Cooper, Gallup & Cobb. Three great route runners that can line up anywhere, inside and out.
Like having Austin back just for the deep threat (no matter what, even if he is a bum, defenses can't sleep on his speed, just ask the Giants) and I really like Wilson and think he could be excellent depth. We shall see, but I haven't seen a Cowboy recieving core look this good on paper since we had T.O., Glenn & Crayton.