CFZ WR group is probably the worst outside of the Giants

Cowboyny

Reaction score
We have one legitimate receiver in CeeDee Lamb, who is starting to look like the receiver we thought we will get after drafting him. Tremendous in space.

Gallup is giving the team virtually nothing on a week to week basis. One of the worst in the entire league to gaining separation, haven't seen one deep pass stretching the field, which was his calling card. He has become a finesse, underneath receiver this season, post injury.

With Gallup's lack of production this season, Noah Brown has be forced to become the team's #2 receiver. Nothing against Brown, who has played well, but on a good team he is more of a 4th or 5th type of receiver. The team is using him as their deep threat and go to guy when teams double up Lamb. This is a total miscast.

We have gotten nothing out of James Washington since he has been activated. There is a reason why the team signed Hilton and are still chasing OBJ, as this group is probably the worse in the conference outside the Giants receivers. Our passing game is pretty much Lamb and Dalton Shultz. Something has to change or our passing offense can easily be shutdown.

Cmac

Reaction score
......no mention of Air Coryell Jr anywhere........hmmm!! No culpability or accountability at all. Isn't the OC suppose to design/call plays to give his skill positions favorable opportunities? Gallup apparently deciding to run underneath routes on his own now. Anybody seen Air Coryell Jr?

ondaedg

Reaction score
Talent wise the Giants had more pure talent at WR to start the season. Injuries, poor qb play and bad attitudes wrecked their WR unit.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Yup. Our groups average yards of separation / route run currently ranks 31st.

Huge concern in the offseason where we did zero to replace Cooper and it remains a huge concern. Shocking.

I did a post earlier ranking us against NFC playoff contenders, and we were close to the bottom.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We have one legitimate receiver in CeeDee Lamb, who is starting to look like the receiver we thought we will get after drafting him. Tremendous in space.

Gallup is giving the team virtually nothing on a week to week basis. One of the worst in the entire league to gaining separation, haven't seen one deep pass stretching the field, which was his calling card. He has become a finesse, underneath receiver this season, post injury.

With Gallup's lack of production this season, Noah Brown has be forced to become the team's #2 receiver. Nothing against Brown, who has played well, but on a good team he is more of a 4th or 5th type of receiver. The team is using him as their deep threat and go to guy when teams double up Lamb. This is a total miscast.

We have gotten nothing out of James Washington since he has been activated. There is a reason why the team signed Hilton and are still chasing OBJ, as this group is probably the worse in the conference outside the Giants receivers. Our passing game is pretty much Lamb and Dalton Shultz. Something has to change or our passing offense can easily be shutdown.

Cowboys have the #1 scoring offense in the NFL. Try as you might, you preseason and season long complaints have amounted to absolutely nothing. Cowboys have wanted to focus more on the run game and that is what they have done. Its working.

And FYI................TE's catch passes too and should be involved in any educated pass catching conversation.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yup. Our groups average yards of separation / route run currently ranks 31st.

Huge concern in the offseason where we did zero to replace Cooper and it remains a huge concern. Shocking.

I did a post earlier ranking us against NFC playoff contenders, and we were close to the bottom.

So how come we are the highest scoring team in the NFL since Dak came back?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Because we run the ball incredibly well, Lamb is good, our QB helps mask some of the deficiencies and the NFC is awful.

Things like this usually show up against good defenses and in the playoffs.

Great so all this laughable talk about receivers means absolutely nothing. Cowboys have more than enough fire power in the passing game to go along with the improved run game.

Wait so your saying that great defenses slow down offenses?

cnuball21

Reaction score
Great so all this laughable talk about receivers means absolutely nothing. Cowboys have more than enough fire power in the passing game to go along with the improved run game.

Wait so your saying that great defenses slow down offenses?

Wait til the playoffs my friend.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Wait til the playoffs my friend.

I dont have to wait I saw it last year when SF shut down our offense. And that was with Cooper, Lamb, Shultz, all of them.

I just find it hilarious that you think you are some kind of genius prognosticator claiming that great defenses slow down offenses. LOL

Did you ever think thats how they become great? By shutting teams down?

But guess what, I agree with you that teams with great defenses will slow down our offense. Thats pretty much football 101.