WR - how do you rank this year's group?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
:rolleyes:. Man! That #11 has been
' clutch' on any given offensive drive he's helped extend & same goes with #83,,,I just don't "get" the ' good riddance' VIBES I've been picking up on from my very fellows within the Castle walls this off-season:huh:

* I don't think it's a kick-on ,or,boomerang effect cuz' #88 got X'd,,,er,,,at least I'd like to NOT THINK that's the underlying reasono_O
I don't have an issue with Beasley or Williams. I'm just sick of some of the fans that hype this guy up like he is something special. Beasley can be replaced easily. Personally I like Williams better anyways. I think it's time to move in and completely rebuild the receiving corps. We are almost there anyways

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
That's what you get when your number one receiver, Dez Bryant, is really a number four receiver or worse.
So because Dez is really a number 4 Beasley has 36 catches....... Not really sure I understand you. I know you dislike Dez but haven't a clue what that has to do with Beasley being a bum as well

waldoputty

Reaction score
So I was thinking back historically and frankly the last time heading into a season I was this down on our WR group had to be 2009. Before Miles Austin emerged in the KC Chiefs game, we had Roy Williams and Patrick Crayton.

I hope Michael Gallup can be the equivalent of a Miles Austin and break through, but as of now I'm not loving it. I also still don't know why Switzer had to be traded, he was developing nicely.

Hurns, Beasley, Williams, being our key 3 targets with Gallup developing and Tavon Austin as a wildcard isn't terrible, but it isn't great. I believe 2009 is a fair comparison - and given our 11-5 record that season, this could be a good omen.

they are a better fit for dak than dez and the other guy...

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Yes Beasley with his 34 catches is so important for this team, how would we ever replace that production.
Never had more then 75 catches
, never had a 1,000 yards receiving, never had double digit TDs in a season. Yep he is just a superstar

I noticed when mocking Beasley's 75 catches in 2016 you conveniently forgot to mention that he actually led ALL our receivers in receptions AND total yards AND 1st downs that year, including Dez and Twill.

"Say what you want but Williams still caught more passes and produced more yardage then Beasley or does your excuses not work for the other players"
Not in 2016 he didn't. He came in 4th place behind Beasley, Witten, and Dez.
Beasley had......... 75 rec....833 yds....51 first downs....5 TDs
Dez ......................50..........796...........38......................8 TDs
Twill had................44.........594...........34......................4 TDs

So what was Twill's excuse?

Last edited:

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score
I don't. Some of them havent' played a game as a Cowboy yet, and those who have haven't played one without Dez on the team. I want to see how they gel with each other and with Dak without Dez or Wit as influences

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I noticed when mocking Beasley's 75 catches in 2016 you conveniently forgot to mention that he actually led ALL our receivers in receptions AND total yards AND 1st downs that year, including Dez and Twill.

"Say what you want but Williams still caught more passes and produced more yardage then Beasley or does your excuses not work for the other players"
Not in 2016 he didn't. He came in 4th place behind Beasley, Witten, and Dez.
Beasley had......... 75 rec....833 yds....51 first downs....5 TDs
Dez ......................50..........796...........38......................8 TDs
Twill had................44.........594...........34......................4 TDs

So what was Twill's excuse?
So you think Beasley is so great because he lead the team in catches and yards even though Dez missed multiple games and still had less then 40 yards then Beasley not to mention almost double the TDs. Williams had almost half the catches Beasley did with only 1 less TD.

Beasley isn't special, he is just a guy that can be replaced. Wow, he had a 75 catch season with 833 yards but rest of his career has been less then average and last season was terrible with 36 catches

jay94

Reaction score
Our receivers Dak friendly lol!!! How about Zeke friendly he needs 30 carries a game with 4.5 ypc for us to have a shot.

DFWJC

Reaction score
So I was thinking back historically and frankly the last time heading into a season I was this down on our WR group had to be 2009. Before Miles Austin emerged in the KC Chiefs game, we had Roy Williams and Patrick Crayton.

I hope Michael Gallup can be the equivalent of a Miles Austin and break through, but as of now I'm not loving it. I also still don't know why Switzer had to be traded, he was developing nicely.

Hurns, Beasley, Williams, being our key 3 targets with Gallup developing and Tavon Austin as a wildcard isn't terrible, but it isn't great. I believe 2009 is a fair comparison - and given our 11-5 record that season, this could be a good omen.
I think we need to see them play first

Definitely one of the more intriguing things going this pre-season

Buzzbait

Reaction score
So you think Beasley is so great because he lead the team in catches and yards even though Dez missed multiple games and still had less then 40 yards then Beasley not to mention almost double the TDs. Williams had almost half the catches Beasley did with only 1 less TD.

Beasley isn't special, he is just a guy that can be replaced. Wow, he had a 75 catch season with 833 yards but rest of his career has been less then average and last season was terrible with 36 catches

I'm not saying Beasley is the GOAT, but neither does he deserve the beating you were dishing out. In 2016 his stats put Twill to shame.
I'd dump Twill and his drops and body catching long before I'd part with Beasley.

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
We have WRs that have either never played on this team or have never played at all in the NFL
How the hell are some of you saying how good they are already—-for better or worse.

If you want to say Hurns, Thompson, and Austin are all jag...go ahead. Even if Hurns did have a 1000 yard season.

But Gallup and Wilson haven't even played yet.
If you went by draft posistion, I guess at this stage Antonio Brown or Terrell Owens would've sucked too.
The point is....We don't know yet...either way.

Buzzbait

Reaction score

Beasley isn't special, he is just a guy that can be replaced. Wow, he had a 75 catch season with 833 yards
but rest of his career has been less then average
and last season was terrible with 36 catches

You can't catch balls that are thrown to someone else. When Dak threw him the ball Bease did his job. In 2016 Dak did throw him the ball and Bease did what he was paid to do. That's why he led all our receivers in rec's and yds. Give the kid a break for Pete's sake.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I think the entire staff would be challenged by last years disaster. Most certainly Linhand
and the new assist offensive coaches have something to prove.
I always give the mid point of the season for the top couple of draftees to find their footing and help the team come together.
I'll take 4/4 to the mid way point then close out the season qualifying for the tournament.

Well 4/4 is halfway to 8/8 :eek: I'm shooting for 5/3 at the midpoint. :D

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Hurns
Gallup
Beasley
Austin
Thompson

Twill will be cut.

If Twill gets cut I will pretty much have nearly all my prayers answered this offseason:

This is all the major things I wanted to see happen:

-Chaz Green cut
-Dez Cut
-Witten retire
-Twilliams cut
-Jeff Heath relegated to the bench
-Garrett fired

I really only thought ONE of those would be done. To think that all of them could actually happen accept for Garrett is mind blowing for me. It gives me hope the FO understands what needs to be done.

If Garrett was at the forefront of most of those decision then I applaud him for that.

Its pretty easy to see now what some have said over the last few years. This team is in a rebuilding mode. In my mind its going unbelievably good. The Cowboys getting embarrassed last year was the best thing that could have happened to them and Dak. It appears they really got a wake up call.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I'm not saying Beasley is the GOAT, but neither does he deserve the beating you were dishing out. In 2016 his stats put Twill to shame.
I'd dump Twill and his drops and body catching long before I'd part with Beasley.
To be honest Beasley and Williams can both go at least Williams has scored more then 5 TDs in a season though.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
You can't catch balls that are thrown to someone else. When Dak threw him the ball Bease did his job. In 2016 Dak did throw him the ball and Bease did what he was paid to do. That's why he led all our receivers in rec's and yds. Give the kid a break for Pete's sake.
That's BS. He had almost 60 targets, do you even watch the games or just make things up

Buzzbait

Reaction score
That's BS. He had almost 60 targets, do you even watch the games or just make things up
BS nothing! And that's what your "targets" mean, they prove nothing. A "Target" as a stat could be a good pass, an uncatchable or poorly thrown pass, or even an interception. It is a ball thrown in the receiver's direction which proves very little and you know that.
So that "BS" remark is worth about as much as a "target". And yes I do indeed watch the games and no I don't "just make things up", but it's starting to sound like you do.
I never claimed Beasley was the GOAT, but he still deserves more credit than you're giving him.

Last edited:

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
BS nothing! And that's what your "targets" mean, they prove nothing. A "Target" as a stat could be a good pass, an uncatchable or poorly thrown pass, or even an interception. It is a ball thrown in the receiver's direction which means very little and you know that.
So that "BS" remark is worth about as much as a "target". And yes I do indeed watch the games and no I don't "just make things up", but it's starting to sound like you do.
I never claimed Beasley was the GOAT, but he deserves more credit than you're giving him.
You said, you can't catch balls that's thrown to someone else. That would have to do with targets pal. You should read what you write before you try to make a dumb debate