WR JJ Arcega-Whiteside, my new pet cat, he red zone beast

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The red zone was by far the biggest issue our offense/team had last year. In fact, it's the main reason we brought Witten back IMO. Check out this kid production but I have no idea his grade value. 4th, 5th ????

JJ Arcega-Whiteside coveted for his contested-catch ability by NFL teams
BY AUSTIN GAYLE • APR 15, 2019
https://www.profootballfocus.com/ne...-for-his-contested-catch-ability-by-nfl-teams

USATSI_10403501_168384674_lowres.jpg

JJ Arcega-Whiteside caught 54.05% of his contested-catch opportunities in his last two seasons with Stanford, ranking 15th among FBS wideouts entering the draft with 25 or more contested targets since 2017. None of the 14 wide receivers ahead of him, however, had more than 59 contested-catch opportunities – Arcega-Whiteside had 74.

Arcega-Whiteside’s size, body control, and contested-catch ability paid dividends in the red zone. He caught 23-of-34 targets for 224 yards, three first downs and 18 touchdowns inside the 20-yard line in 2017 and 2018 combined. He also logged just one drop and caught 11-of-16 (68.8%) of his contested-catch opportunities in the red zone, as well

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-the-most-underrated-prospects-in-the-2019-nfl-draft

Mr_437

Reaction score
You know DAL has scouted Stanford, and JJ should be in range.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Can't separate.

Maybe in the 5th.

It’s not a great WR class. A lot of the best prospects are big bodied dudes that struggle to separate on tape.

Good thing is there’s some good slot options. Hopefully the big guys are all drafted early and we can snag a great slot dude in the 5th or so.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak couldn't throw Dez in the red zone and I doubt there's been many better jump ball guys in the league than Dez in the past decade...