WR looks to be a disaster

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
What did he win when he did? I’ll wait.

Hard to win when the defense gives the game away with 30 seconds left after you come back from 3 scores down at home.

Or when the defense gives up almost 300 yards on the ground vs the Rams.

Not sure why everyone wants to put the team's failures on one person all the time.

links18

Reaction score
Amari Cooper didn't want to take a paycut. He left the Cowboys no option but to try to trade him before cutting his overpaid contract and losing him with no compensation in return.

If you want to be mad at someone, be mad at Amari for choosing money over the team.
How about being mad at the morons who have him that contract in the first place?

plasticman

Reaction score
And yet, from out of the ashes........

Look at how many high draft picks Jimmy Johnson burned on WR's during the early 90's. And yet, two of the three WR's with the most contribution during those years, Michael Irvin and Kelvin Martin, where on the team before Jimmy even arrived.

In 1990 it was Alexander Wright in the 2nd round

In 1991, it was Alvin Harper in the 1sr round, the third guy of that WR trio.

1n 1992, it was Jimmy Smith in the 2nd round.

In 1993 it was Kevin Williams who took over for Kelvin Martin when he retired.

You just never know when and how a team comes together, the actual elements of the chemistry that forms a great team. Some coaches have a formula but it's definitely not a perfect science.

It wouldn't be impossible for Lamb and Gallup to form a dynamic duo with a speedy high draft pick in the slot and additional contributions from Noah Brown and James Washington.

Also, free agency is not over yet.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Things at receiver will be fine,

1. If CeeDee Lamb is ready to be a number one receiver.
2. If Michael Gallup doesn't miss considerable time and picks up where he left off.
3. If James Washington can fill the Cedrick Wilson role.
4. If the Cowboys can draft a speedy receiver that can contribute immediately.

Also, we don't know if Simi Fehoku can take a step forward and be a legitimate option, if he can, everything will be fine. But there's just too many "ifs" right now to make fans feel too comfortable.

zekecowboy

Reaction score
I get the feeling that you're not entirely optimistic about the 2022 season.

I am not very optimistic either. Jerry and Stephen have a plan. It's just a mediocre rebuilding plan for the next two years.

Stephen told reporters that he still sees the organization “having activity in free agency.” Which begs the question… when?! In three weeks, the Cowboys have signed two external free agents: James Washington and Dante Fowler Jr. Are they important adds? Sure. Are they Pro Bowl-caliber players? Absolutely not. Not only were the Cowboys the last of all 32 teams to make an external signing (despite many players being available and money being saved on Amari Cooper and Gregory), but they also have not made another move since signing Washington and Fowler almost two weeks ago.

Despite only two external free agency moves so far, Stephen Jones said he sees the Cowboys “still having activity” in free agency
The reason Stephen sees this is that the Cowboys, one of the world’s most valuable sports teams, are waiting it out to see who they can get in the bargain bin.
The Joneses are waiting for leftover free agents to be willing to take smaller contracts. Here is a full quote from Stephen from the Dallas Morning News:

“There’s going to be some guys who wait around hoping their market improves, not unlike prior years. There is a lot of activity early, then things settle down. People pick away at it, but we’ve found some good value over the years, just being patient and seeing what comes our way. But we’re not done yet. I see us still having activity in free agency.”

Sometimes it works, but other times it doesn’t. A positive example would be Jayron Kearse. When the Cowboys signed him last year, there was no excitement around him. He hadn’t done much in the league. But Kearse had a breakout year. Other times, frugal, one-year deals just bring you low-level talent that will be out the door next year.

It’s hard to believe a lot of what comes out of both Stephen and Jerry’s mouths. So take this quote for what it is, and know that “having activity” means waiting for people to lower their price tag and sit down at the negotiating table with the Cowboys’ front office.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Am I alone here? While I was in favor of letting Cooper go, I was not in favor of paying 11M for a Tweener TE while Buffalo signed OJ Howard for 3M....letting our best route runner left on the team walk off to Miami for a salary that was very workable....resigning Noah Brown for a SIXTH season of sucking...but, but, but, he can block....sorry, I forgot. I'm guessing Turner didn't have the goods on Booger like Brown does. Wasting money on James Washington, when you could have signed Allen Robinson. Sorry, but Cee Dee is a #2 at best, and Gallup is a #2 on a great day....both CANNOT be depended on to show up every week...Schultz cannot be depended on to do anything but pick up 7-8 yards in soft zones, and provide Duk Pratfall some security when panicked. These receivers are going to really expose Duk, and make us long for the days of Tony...a 3-5 road record looks like a pipe dream....9-8 overall. The sad thing, is that it didn't have to be like this....Deez Nutz to both Booger and Chuckles....when is someone in the media going to seriously challenge them face to face about the last 26 years? What gutless media we have!!!

I think there is definitely a handful of cry babies like you that not only make a poor analysis of our pass catchers, but probably dont understand offense in general.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
The cowboys have good weapons. It will depend on how they use the weapons, and who they are playing. They will have really good games, and a few where they get shut down. The offense will be fine.

We willl have to wait to compare it to last year.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Last year players still on the roster stats

WR
Lamb 1102 yards 6tds
Shultz 808 yards 8 tds
Gallup 445 yards 2 tds
Pollard 337yards
Elliot 287 yards 1 tds

Rushing
Elliot 1002 yards 10 tds
Pollard 719 yards 2 tds

Prescott 4449 yards passing 37 tds 146 yards rushing 1 td

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Am I alone here? While I was in favor of letting Cooper go, I was not in favor of paying 11M for a Tweener TE while Buffalo signed OJ Howard for 3M....letting our best route runner left on the team walk off to Miami for a salary that was very workable....resigning Noah Brown for a SIXTH season of sucking...but, but, but, he can block....sorry, I forgot. I'm guessing Turner didn't have the goods on Booger like Brown does. Wasting money on James Washington, when you could have signed Allen Robinson. Sorry, but Cee Dee is a #2 at best, and Gallup is a #2 on a great day....both CANNOT be depended on to show up every week...Schultz cannot be depended on to do anything but pick up 7-8 yards in soft zones, and provide Duk Pratfall some security when panicked. These receivers are going to really expose Duk, and make us long for the days of Tony...a 3-5 road record looks like a pipe dream....9-8 overall. The sad thing, is that it didn't have to be like this....Deez Nutz to both Booger and Chuckles....when is someone in the media going to seriously challenge them face to face about the last 26 years? What gutless media we have!!!
Chicken Little much?

cowboyec

Reaction score
according to some on here cooop was over rated over paid and over valued by the fan base.
if thats the case...getting rid of guys that are over rated should make us better.
yet many who said all that bull-jive are now saying we will suck BECAUSE we got rid of him.
i say wait til the draft is over to see what this WR room will be.
we will miss cooop because...frankly...he isnt over-rated.
but i am excited to see what ceedee...gallup and washington will do.
plus whoever we get on draft night.
i like bringing back schultz because of the chemistry he has with dak.
he's emerged as a real play-maker in our offense since mccarthy got here.
if we had not brought him back and signed somebody else...i'm sure the same clique would be *****'n about that.
when we cut dez...we had crap at wr.
we didnt have a ceedee lamb or michael gallup or james washington.
this is completely different.
frankly...this group is better prepared than it was when they ditched dez.
reports of our demise are GREATLY exaggerated.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Very thin at the position to start the season with Gallup being unavailable

kskboys

Reaction score
Howard is better than Shultz
Huh? Are you drunk? Howard is simply a bust. He's not anywhere near the player Schultz is. They're not even in the same conversation.

Seriously, how in the world did you come to this conclusion?

rambo2

Reaction score
Dude....the sky has been falling for over a quarter a century if you hadn't noticed!!!
They went 12 and 5 last year, won the division, were the only team in the league to go undefeated in their division, and then lost a playoff game by all of 6 points. They were good! They are still good! They are a clear favorite to win their division again. They have 9 draft picks and money to spend on free agents. They should have another good season this year.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Lamb is a good WR. It wouldn’t surprise me if Pollard gets more involved in the passing game.