WRs Terrance Williams and Cedrick Wilson

Verdict

Reaction score
Even if they could bring up Wilson, a late round rookie without a full training camp is unlikely to be called up for the playoffs.

If T-Will was close to being ready, they likely would not have used the final IR-return option on the special teams player.

It would be interesting to see what would happen if TWill was eligible to be activated and healthy. I get the impression that the team is done with him.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Coverage units? Special teams or Defense?

Oh, you mean like how he committed a holding penalty to negate a punt return for TD by Austin against the Seahawks?

Ah, I see.

Someone gets called for a penalty that means they suck.

Brilliant.

I guess Tyron sucks.

Zeke’s supposed to be a great RB? Isn’t he the guy that got called for a targeting penalty?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He came back and explained what I told you. If you had listened to me and just accepted my explanation instead of being defensive we wouldn't be having this discussion. You felt the need to correct him when you wrongly thought he said something wrong. I did the same to you when you were clearly wrong. That tells us that you have poor reading skills and are now a proven hypocrite.
lol, you are desperate for angst and drama in your life. Go find a group of teenaged girls - you'll fit right in.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
https://insidethestar.com/film-review-light-end-noah-brown-makes-big-impact/

I know this is from a weeks back, but I've been actually been blown away by Noah's ability to make effective blocks in the box, even against MLBs. He's a big guy for a WR and he's not afraid of contact, that's for sure, Lots of great clips of his blocking ability in the link above

I think the use of Brown is more of an indication of the weakness of our TEs and FB in blocking. We wouldn't be getting all excited about a TE or FB blocking a LB.

At wr, he's not going to pull any safety help. Couldn't Hanna have been as much threat lined up wide, if not more? A wr who routinely beats one on one coverage, or threatens deep to pull safeties adds to the offense. That's what we need a WR to deliver, not a little extra blocking.

As the article says, he's a "light end", a too small TE who still gives you pretty good blocking. The one advantage I see him giving is with teams who treat him like a WR instead of a light end, and leave a normal corner on him. Then you bring him into the line, let him block a LB, and if he's successful, you've blocked a LB and only brought in a DB in the box, for a net win, if that overrides simply the increased crowd in the box.

But if teams match him up with a light coverage LB, or big DB, we're probably losing. What I don't like about Garrett is that he always seems to think that bringing a blocker into the box is always a win, failing to see that this also brings another defender into the box, for no net plus on numbers, and a net minus for a more crowded box.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
WRs Terrance Williams and Cedrick Wilson have been on Injured Reserve for most, if not all, of the season. Terrance has been dealing with a nagging broken foot injury he suffered in the offseason, and Cedrick Wilson has been dealing with a shoulder injury he suffered right out of training camp/preseason.

Has anyone heard anything about their status and whether their injuries have healed by now? If their injuries are healed, why are they still on Injured Reserve? Or is it that their injuries are still not healed? Why taking this long?

Has anyone heard anything about them? With Allen Hurns done for the playoffs with such a gruesome injury to his lower leg, and Cole Beasley and Amari Cooper having suffered low hits to their lower legs which hobbled them against the Seahawks, wouldn't it be nice to see if either T-Will or C-Wil could contribute?

We called up Lenoir with Hurns gone for the season. Do you really want a player(s) who haven't practised in weeks, and one who hasn't played a snap in the NFL, on the active roster?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Taco hasn't looked good but he also is a natural SDE on a team with the best SDE in football.
If the Rams draft a 3T should their fans say he sucks because he can't unseat Donald or looks unsettled playing 1T?

Demarcus Lawrence had 16 starts after 3 years in the league FWIW.

Noah Brown is a fairly good young player who can grow into an h-back type match up player for us.
Understood, but Demarcus and Noah were not 1st round picks, so arguably, they should be given time to blossom into quality good players. Taco, on the other hand, was a 1st round pick. This is the end of his 2nd year. He should be starting and dominating somewhat by now. He's neither one. Not good. Seems like Cowboys wasted a 1st round pick on a 2nd or 3rd round potential player in Taco. That's all I'm saying.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
We called up Lenoir with Hurns gone for the season. Do you really want a player(s) who haven't practised in weeks, and one who hasn't played a snap in the NFL, on the active roster?
Cedrick Wilson was tearing it up in Training Camp before he got injured. Terrance Williams has always performed well as a #2 and put up decent numbers. As a 7 year veteran, I believe he could step in and perform better than Noah Brown for sure, even after not practicing for weeks.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I hope Goodwin plays better special teams this Saturday night at L.A.. Our special teams is going to be needed.

A shame neither T-Will or C-Wil can't play. Could use one of them right now.
That’s the last thing I want....some rusty receiver coming in without any practice time with dak

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Cedrick Wilson was tearing it up in Training Camp before he got injured. Terrance Williams has always performed well as a #2 and put up decent numbers. As a 7 year veteran, I believe he could step in and perform better than Noah Brown for sure, even after not practicing for weeks.

No thanks. I'll take Noah Brown over T Will. Sore ankle and all. Prefer a young guy with upside whose play is improving as he gains experience to a player who won't be on the team in 2019. Of course that's just my opinion. Yes the team was high on Wilson back in training camp. It's unfortunate that he missed the entire season but he did and it would be wasting a roster spot. Every player is beat up this time of year. Don't sweat it.... Cooper will play, Gallup will play Beasley will play, Brown will play, Austin will play.... Hurns will not. We called up Lenoir to replace him. You want wide receiver by committee again/ No thanks

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
No thanks. I'll take Noah Brown over T Will. Sore ankle and all. Prefer a young guy with upside whose play is improving as he gains experience to a player who won't be on the team in 2019. Of course that's just my opinion. Yes the team was high on Wilson back in training camp. It's unfortunate that he missed the entire season but he did and it would be wasting a roster spot. Every player is beat up this time of year. Don't sweat it.... Cooper will play, Gallup will play Beasley will play, Brown will play, Austin will play.... Hurns will not. We called up Lenoir to replace him. You want wide receiver by committee again/ No thanks
To be sincere, if you take away Amari Cooper, Cowboys still have a wide receiver by committee group. Cowboys need another big weapon at receiver to help free up Amari and truly show this Offense's potential.

Will Gallup turn into that other big weapon? Don't know yet. He shows potential, but he is a little short and not a burner.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
To be sincere, if you take away Amari Cooper, Cowboys still have a wide receiver by committee group. Cowboys need another big weapon at receiver to help free up Amari and truly show this Offense's potential.

Will Gallup turn into that other big weapon? Don't know yet. He shows potential, but he is a little short and not a burner.

I liked Gallup in the draft, and the pick, still do as our #2 . I'm all good at looking at Cedric Wilson in 2019 to see if he can earn a spot. As I said, It's unfortunate he missed the entire season. T Will is done here IMO. Beasley more than likely because some team will over pay. Hurns was my slot receiver heading into 2019. Not banking on that now. The committee will be less two in 2019 along with Austin no doubt so we'd better hope that Gallup is the solid #2. IMO he is

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
If we did go and win the SB I will feel bad for Witten. He coulda waited just one more year...
Hard to feel sorry for Witten when he backpeddled on agreeing to stay 1 more year, then suddenly decides to retire on the 2nd dat of the draft! Yes, he took a commentating opportunity he simply couldn't resist, but he went back on his word and retired on his own free will. His ring loss if our Cowboys win it all this season.