WRs Terrance Williams and Cedrick Wilson

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Nick Eatman alluded on The Break that Witten wasn’t confident in the outlook of this team under Dak and Garrett heading into 2018 according to the scuttlebutt he’s heard.

I laughed out loud just thinking about the hurt feelings and consternation that it would cause Dak’s Tenderheart Club.

Reactions: BAT

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Nick Eatman alluded on The Break that Witten wasn’t confident in the outlook of this team under Dak and Garrett heading into 2018 according to the scuttlebutt he’s heard.

I laughed out loud just thinking about the hurt feelings and consternation that it would cause Dak’s Tenderheart Club.
Witten is a reason we were a bad offense. Glad he’s gone. It’s like SeanLee. The leadership is great but you can’t play anymore.

Verdict

Reaction score
Not long ago I could see Hurns being our slot receiver with Beasley gone in free agency . One dislocated ankle and broken leg later and I'm not so sure. Who will overpay Beasley is the question

He seems to be tailor made for the Patriots system. The question I have though, is when will Brady hang it up. I think it's coming and coming soon. The end is near for Brady. Very near. Father Time is closing on him swiftly.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Looks like we're the ones laughing. It also looks like Witten was dead wrong about the outlook of this team under Dak and Garrett heading into 2018.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Don't need either. Wilson is welcome to compete next year for a roster spot.

TWill is history here in Dallas. He's mentally weak, and can't get open. Gallup is 3x as good.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
We called up Lenoir with Hurns gone for the season. Do you really want a player(s) who haven't practised in weeks, and one who hasn't played a snap in the NFL, on the active roster?

Instead of Lenoir, that's a big fat YES.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
https://insidethestar.com/film-review-light-end-noah-brown-makes-big-impact/

I know this is from a weeks back, but I've been actually been blown away by Noah's ability to make effective blocks in the box, even against MLBs. He's a big guy for a WR and he's not afraid of contact, that's for sure, Lots of great clips of his blocking ability in the link above

Brown is so much better blocker than any of Schultz, Olawale or Jarwin.

Give me Brown playing, Light End, FB or WR over any 2 TE sets or Olawale lead blocking.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Instead of Lenoir, that's a big fat YES.

But it's a big fat NO in reality. Lenoir is healthy and has been on the PS all year. Neither Wilson nor Williams have played a down of football in months. If the Rams were in a similar situation I would be all for them activating two players who haven't played all year. In fact I'd recommend it

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
He seems to be tailor made for the Patriots system. The question I have though, is when will Brady hang it up. I think it's coming and coming soon. The end is near for Brady. Very near. Father Time is closing on him swiftly.

I assume you mean Beasley @ tailor made. I'm thinking the same way. They seem to like the flea WR's. My hope is that Rivers "father time" is a little later than Brady's and Rivers sends Brady's scrawny arse back to Giselle for the rest of the winter :)

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
If we did go and win the SB I will feel bad for Witten. He coulda waited just one more year...

I'm all good with the young TE's on this team getting a taste of play off experience. Both Jarwin and Schultz will benefit from it. Witt had his day and was a great player but father time caught up to him. It was time to move on from Witt a couple of years ago. We extended him to a team friendly deal and didn't let loyalty get in the way too much. Should have been looking for his replacement all along instead of holding on but that's just my opinion. I'm good with the young TE's. As a group they totally replaced the 2017 TE production.

BigD49

Reaction score
I think the use of Brown is more of an indication of the weakness of our TEs and FB in blocking. We wouldn't be getting all excited about a TE or FB blocking a LB.

At wr, he's not going to pull any safety help. Couldn't Hanna have been as much threat lined up wide, if not more? A wr who routinely beats one on one coverage, or threatens deep to pull safeties adds to the offense. That's what we need a WR to deliver, not a little extra blocking.

As the article says, he's a "light end", a too small TE who still gives you pretty good blocking. The one advantage I see him giving is with teams who treat him like a WR instead of a light end, and leave a normal corner on him. Then you bring him into the line, let him block a LB, and if he's successful, you've blocked a LB and only brought in a DB in the box, for a net win, if that overrides simply the increased crowd in the box.

But if teams match him up with a light coverage LB, or big DB, we're probably losing. What I don't like about Garrett is that he always seems to think that bringing a blocker into the box is always a win, failing to see that this also brings another defender into the box, for no net plus on numbers, and a net minus for a more crowded box.
Yeah I can definitely appreciate that - I agree on a lot of those points. I think the underlying cause is the belief that they can get similar blocking production with a significantly greater threat in the PA pass. If you think as the alternative as being a jumbo package with 3 TEs, you're going to still have a DB setting the edge and playing near the box regardless. They must think that Noah B's ability to beat that DB in the PA passing game, an area we really need to be productive in to help out our QB, is more valuable than the gap between him and Jarwin / Rico, etc are giving in the blocking game.

Verdict

Reaction score
I assume you mean Beasley @ tailor made. I'm thinking the same way. They seem to like the flea WR's. My hope is that Rivers "father time" is a little later than Brady's and Rivers sends Brady's scrawny arse back to Giselle for the rest of the winter :)

If Gordon is healthy (I'm not sure he is) there's a decent chance of that happening.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Wilson will get a spot next year IMO, I was really excited for his potential when we drafted him.

Same here! He was a really good player at BSU. I was super bummed when he got injured early in the season.

cern

Reaction score
Looks like we're the ones laughing. It also looks like Witten was dead wrong about the outlook of this team under Dak and Garrett heading into 2018.
the progress killer on the field is becoming the progress killer in the broadcast booth. really blew it on his ncaa football knowledge the other day.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
But it's a big fat NO in reality. Lenoir is healthy and has been on the PS all year. Neither Wilson nor Williams have played a down of football in months. If the Rams were in a similar situation I would be all for them activating two players who haven't played all year. In fact I'd recommend it

You cant fool me Mrs. Lenoir.