Xavier Su’a Filo: 4-0

blueblood70

Reaction score
That may be our starting QB and the turnovers and having to pass 50 times. He is not the one you want passing 50 times against good teams.
um thats pretty much a stat for ALL qbs..most throwing for over 40 attempts are on the losing side trying to play catchup..its not good to do that regardless of your qB..

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
It was one play. What his score tells you is that play was not the norm. Connor has no bad plays this year?
It depends if you give it more value.

Honestly, if the guy gives up a strip sack that leads to a turnover, it is not the same as another lost rep that does not have the same level of consequences.

Tussinman

Reaction score
"Literally nothing?"

You might want to look up the definition of "literally."

You literally don't spend a dime on the team.
lol at this arrogant reply of yours

We spent literally no draft picks and got both financially for dirt cheap

No draft picks and no significant money to get quality starters is basically getting a player for nothing in the NFL

Lol at arguing semantics on getting starters for no long term cost or no draft picks......

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It depends if you give it more value.

Honestly, if the guy gives up a strip sack that leads to a turnover, it is not the same as another lost rep that does not have the same level of consequences.

Go look at that strip sack again. Dak had a solid 4 seconds to get rid of the ball and Tyron blocks nobody. If Dak had any pocket awareness , thats not a sack.

And FYI, Connor was fairing way worse against Oliver.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
What i'm trying to show people here is that Sua is actualy dam good in pass protection. But, everybody got one play they happen to remember.

I guess we're still waiting for you to show us. Going back to last season, he's an above average run blocker, but a below average pass blocker. He's the quintessential foil to Connor Williams, without the upside of Connor's athleticism and ability to pull.

Calling Sua-Filo "damn good" at anything just isn't a good place to start or finish an argument about his ability.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess we're still waiting for you to show us. Going back to last season, he's an above average run blocker, but a below average pass blocker. He's the quintessential foil to Connor Williams, without the upside of Connor's athleticism and ability to pull.

Calling Sua-Filo "damn good" at anything just isn't a good place to start or finish an argument about his ability.

You've actually got it backward. Sua is good in pass protection and very bad as a run blocker this year. I've posted their PFF scores.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Go look at that strip sack again. Dak had a solid 4 seconds to get rid of the ball and Tyron blocks nobody. If Dak had any pocket awareness , thats not a sack.

Personally, I don't even think that was close to his worst snap. I agree with your assessment on that snap. I scream during the broadcast, before the strip, that Dak needed to step up. Sua-Filo did an admirable job staying with that block as long as he did without holding.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
You've actually got it backward. Sua is good in pass protection and very bad as a run blocker this year. I've posted their PFF scores. Do you have anything more than your own personal feelings to show us?

I literally said "going back to last season." LOL

I also said calling Sua-Filo "damn good" at anything isn't a good argument. Hes above average at best.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Hate to hear the news for Connor but having Xavier as the starting LG will solidify the offensive line.

This team will go on 4-0 run with this offense now having the ability to pass protect and run block at elite level.

Speedy recovery for Connor!
sua filo is bad. I would feel 400% better if it was Looney starting

jnday

Reaction score
The Texans and Titans didn't want him in any capacity, but he's good enough to start for us?
Great point, but the same few posters know more than the Texans, Titans and the Cowboy’s staff . They act like he is some hidden talent that has never had a chance to start in the league.

jnday

Reaction score
Nope not the answer. Draft a stud DT and a stud G.
The young guard MvGovern that Dallas drafted in the third round last year is supposed to be a very talented player , but he had the pec tear that put him out for the season. I have read nothing but good things about him.