Xavier woods feels disrespected after Thomas persuit

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Can someone get some cheese for another athletes whine!!

My God I've never seen a bigger bunch of skinned babies in my life as the youth of today!

Sydla

Reaction score
Woods, chill. Thomas was going to replace Heath, not you.

Of course, if the Cowboys are planning to replace Woods and keep Heath in the lineup, I sadly would not be surprised.

This was my exact thought.

Heath is the new Nick Hayden. No matter how much he sucks, he becomes more entrenched.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Okay X.
Be a baby. Pout. See how far that gets you.

Tighten the boot straps and make yourself worth some money so the FO can dick you around like DLaw.

Verdict

Reaction score

I can understand him having confidence and not wanting someone in to replace him. On the other hand he has done nothing significant so far.

He would have been better off keeping his pie hole shut, using it as motivation and using it too springboard his career.

If I were Jason Garrett, the first day of training camp I would get him a "participation trophy" and a necklace that said "whiner" on it and say if you don't want to be disrespected you had better bring it every day because I am going to be looking to upgrade every member of this roster until we win a super bowl. It would be very in your face.

We need to change the culture of this team. This entitlement attitude by players like Xavier would not work for me.

Corso

Reaction score
I can understand him having confidence and not wanting someone in to replace him. On the other hand he has done nothing significant so far.

He would have been better off keeping his pie hole shut, using it as motivation and using it too springboard his career.

If I were Jason Garrett, the first day of training camp I would get him a "participation trophy" and a necklace that said "whiner" on it and say if you don't want to be disrespected you had better bring it every day because I am going to be looking to upgrade every member of this roster until we win a super bowl. It would be very in your face.

We need to change the culture of this team. This entitlement attitude by players like Xavier would not work for me.
I... don't think that's going to work with this team buddy.
You can have all sorts of thoughts, but reality doesn't allow those thoughts to work even remotely how you would like them to.

You do something like that, you have a hot mess on your hands. Not just in the locker room, but in the media and then Jerry will have to answer directly and...

And you know Jerry.

Number1

Reaction score
I hope an adult near him has seen Xavier's comments and explained to him the value of discretion, and that respect is earned

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Woods, chill. Thomas was going to replace Heath, not you.

Of course, if the Cowboys are planning to replace Woods and keep Heath in the lineup, I sadly would not be surprised.
Nope. If ET would have come to Dallas, he would have replaced Xavier Woods.

"It was in 2017 when the Cowboys traded up in the sixth-round to land Woods out of Louisiana Tech, and he went on to have a solid season in his rookie campaign, but was held back by hamstring issues. The flashes were there though, and he registered four starts while being available for all 16 games despite the injury, landing 40 combined tackles with 31 of them being solo (77.5%), along with a fumble recovery and his first career interception. Much healthier for his sophomore season, Woods was a heat-seeking missile for the Cowboys, routinely impacting games with big plays en route to delivering 56 combined tackles (39 solo), one forced fumble and his two interceptions were tied for a team-high with linebacker Leighton Vander Esch.

Still, the team looked to upgrade the position and not at the strongside role where the inconsistent Jeff Heath resides, and Woods is making it clear what he was told and what he was shown this offseason don't match."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/xavier-woods-feels-disrespected-after-earl-thomas-pursuit/

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Woods knows a healthy ET is better right? Anyone who watches a game can see the difference. Woods might get there one day but he didn't play at that level last year.

Corso

Reaction score
I hope an adult near him has seen Xavier's comments and explained to him the value of discretion, and that respect is earned
I always tell my people, busting their butts: no talking, the work talks for you.
When the work gains it's proper respect, talk.

And my spectrum of business semi-parallels his. Not athletically, of course... Lawd! I wish I was 6'8" and could leap over elephants with 4.0 speed!
And younger. That would be cool too...

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Thinking about what woulda happened to Woods if he publicly voiced such complaint while playing for Mr Tom or Jimmy...

:muttley:

I wonder what would have happen to alot of players on this team if that was the situation coach wise.

Can you imagin either dealing with Gregory, irving etc.

Corso

Reaction score
I wonder what would have happen to alot of players on this team if that was the situation coach wise.

Can you imagin either dealing with Gregory, irving etc.
Honestly it would have been swept under the rug because it was easier to get away with such things back then.
Things were so much easier back then!

Can you imagine the "White House" existing in this day?
For even more than a few days? By day 3 it's getting followed.