Video: Xavier Woods on Undisputed: "we needed new energy"

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I like this guy but I hope his feelings don't get hurt when they get a new safety, lol.
For how he plays and what he's paid? I'd be shocked if they get another safety. I don't expect this big player turnover that a lot of you guys do. Jerry went and got in a guy who isn't going to do big turnover.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Hot boyzzzz didn’t bring energy? They brought the T-shirts and hats but forgot the energy at home
amen brother! Boy if there was a SB trophy for talking and selling snake oil merch on social media, the entire D would get 1. WAS ALL TALK, no substance..seemed indifferent to the results. THOSE ARE GARRETT GUYS.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Pretty insightful discussion.

He said players loved Garrett but they needed new energy. He emphasized this a couple of times during the interview.

He said we have dawgs on defense but we need a "system update". Mentioned the Niners as a team that plays a similar D but they mix up the coverages more and that Dallas needs to do that more.

He defended D-Law's performance this season but said players in general were at fault for the poor tackling throughout the season. Shannon challenged him about the players needing to do more.

They also discuss the Jerry dynamic, X called him "the boss" when his asked about his meddling.

He sounds excited for Mike McCarthy and the new coaching staff.

X is a very thoughtful person but I am disappointed in his play this year. I hope he steps it up next season.

I agree, spitting and clapping can only energize you for so long.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Shoot... everyone, including us, needed new energy!

CWR

Reaction score
For how he plays and what he's paid? I'd be shocked if they get another safety. I don't expect this big player turnover that a lot of you guys do. Jerry went and got in a guy who isn't going to do big turnover.

Which guy are you talking about?

Dre11

Reaction score
Yep. The players went out and for the most part played hard. They know that there are coaches in this league who put their players in good positions to be successful and they also know that JG didn't do that very well. They want that scheme advantage too.

lol... yet he played like butter, it wasn't the scheme, the same scheme had everyone bumping their gums last year

Dre11

Reaction score
We saw that on the field. No fire no passion. They liked Garrett but they didn’t want Garrett as a coach more like an uncle who stops by and you chat with for a little then he goes on his way. These guys needed a fire lit under their blanks. I enjoyed the interview and like x

so they had the same coach in 2018 and 2016 as they did in 2019

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Pretty insightful discussion.

He said players loved Garrett but they needed new energy. He emphasized this a couple of times during the interview.

He said we have dawgs on defense but we need a "system update". Mentioned the Niners as a team that plays a similar D but they mix up the coverages more and that Dallas needs to do that more.

He defended D-Law's performance this season but said players in general were at fault for the poor tackling throughout the season. Shannon challenged him about the players needing to do more.

They also discuss the Jerry dynamic, X called him "the boss" when his asked about his meddling.

He sounds excited for Mike McCarthy and the new coaching staff.

X is a very thoughtful person but I am disappointed in his play this year. I hope he steps it up next season.

Said they liked him as a person. He pretty much confirmed what we all knew about Garrett. No need to rehash, he is gone.

Not sure he could actually formulate a sentence very well. Needs to get in the weight room also. Probably better suited as a backup.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Said they liked him as a person. He pretty much confirmed what we all knew about Garrett. No need to rehash, he is gone.

Not sure he could actually formulate a sentence very well. Needs to get in the weight room also. Probably better suited as a backup.
Your not sure who could formulate a sentence?