Yahoo Troy Aikman Article

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
No one said to a super bowl...romo carried a mediocre organization that hadn’t had a decent QB since aikmen into relevance

Of course he never carried the team to the Super Bowl. But he never carried anything, he was an average QB who made some nice plays but couldn't be counted to win anything of note.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Had to say the right thing. PR Stunt all the way.
Lol you’re just being a performance artist now

Guessing you just have a grudge against fans of romo who didn’t respect your opinions years ago?

The guy was magic it was a great time to be a cowboys fan. Everyone hated him and he always had a big play in him. So many close games and so much fun.

just_catch_it

Reaction score
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/heres-...sity-joke-country-music-career-035843961.html

My favorite quote and why I’ve always said Troy is better than Romo and underrated

“Players, like Woodson, saw their quarterback arrive every day at 6:30 a.m. and adjusted their routines accordingly. They also respected his ability.

“We wanted Troy’s stamp of approval,” Johnston said.

“I used to call him ‘Cool Whip’ back in the day, cause he could whip the ball,” Woodson said of the former Super Bowl MVP and six-time Pro Bowl selection, who finished his career with 32,942 career passing yards and 165 career touchdowns. “We used to call him all kinds of names. ‘Cool Whip.’ ‘Eight Ball.’ You name it. He threw the perfect pass. He’s the best quarterback I’ve been around.

“You can’t tell me Tony Romo was a better quarterback than Troy. I don’t even think that’s a close comparison. Troy, with a wide-open offense, with his ability to deliver the football, at a young age, and be able to lead the way he did, he would put up astronomical numbers.”
Dah... Troy won 3 SBs! Romo 0.....Of course hes better!

KingRah

Reaction score
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/heres-...sity-joke-country-music-career-035843961.html

My favorite quote and why I’ve always said Troy is better than Romo and underrated

“Players, like Woodson, saw their quarterback arrive every day at 6:30 a.m. and adjusted their routines accordingly. They also respected his ability.

“We wanted Troy’s stamp of approval,” Johnston said.

“I used to call him ‘Cool Whip’ back in the day, cause he could whip the ball,” Woodson said of the former Super Bowl MVP and six-time Pro Bowl selection, who finished his career with 32,942 career passing yards and 165 career touchdowns. “We used to call him all kinds of names. ‘Cool Whip.’ ‘Eight Ball.’ You name it. He threw the perfect pass. He’s the best quarterback I’ve been around.

“You can’t tell me Tony Romo was a better quarterback than Troy. I don’t even think that’s a close comparison. Troy, with a wide-open offense, with his ability to deliver the football, at a young age, and be able to lead the way he did, he would put up astronomical numbers.”
if he was in a pass first offense, he'd put up Brees numbers in th e90s. He should've went to KC to finish his career. They Tony G and the best line in football for 4 years. He could've reached his full potential as a passer. They wanted to sign him.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Troy would have made sure Garrett was fired for incompetence and that Jerry had an adequate supporting cast for him because Troy EXPECTED to be a winner and EXPECTED to win SBs. Tony was happy to be the QB of the Dallas Cowboys. He wanted to win SBs but didn't EXPECT it of himself and didn't know how to lead the team to get it done. Tony is a 'settler' and Troy is a winner. Tony and Garrett and Jerry were made for each other. All 3 happy to be mediocre and 'relevant'

It's not an accident that Troy won 3 SBs and Tony never even sniffed one. They're not in the same conversation.

I am not sure that I don't agree with you....but Tony never had the supporting cast that Aikman did. For that matter, Tony didn't have the talent around him that Dak does.

I am not saying Romo was better than either...but the supporting casts are NOT the same.

Tractor1

Reaction score
Troy was most likely being kind. Tony Romo was an average QB who had a few decent games. Never really did anything, certainly didn't carry the team like some folks around her claim he did. If he did it was to an 8-8 finish which like his whole career was average.

I vote Troy. Romo was a good QB that made poor teams average early on. In 2014, he was great, but missed an opportunity at a championship. It's a young man's game.