YAY I got it......

k19

Reaction score
As some of you know I have been trying to get out of smallsville GA and into a bigger city so I could get better medical care for my wif eand oldest 2 chicdren who were all diagnosed with Meduallary Cancer one year ago this month. Right now we have 1 endocrinologist here in town and she's clueless because their cancer is so rare. She tries but we do most all the research and suggestions and she just nods and goes along. To get any real treatment we have to go almost 4 hours to Tampa, not a real good option. I applied for a transfer to Albuquerque, NM earlier this month so i could stay with the company and not lose any benefits. Works out well because my family has a property out there already.

Enough doom and gloom. We are moving the end of month to NM. I thought I was going to take a paycut but I actually get a 15% or so raise. I start work at Kirtland AFB the second week of Nov which will give us time to find Dr's and everything. We'll have 20 or so Dr's to chose from plus alternative medicine for pain management and the like. Now all I have to do is figure out how a helicopter works :D

I even broke down and bought a new (used) Honda Odyssey for the trip so everyone could have more room, their own AC, and a built in ent system. The kids love it already, except the lil man, he told me he liked the "old van car better" but I'm sure we can swing him.

Anywho just wanted to share a bit of good news for once

And just when I thought it couldnt get much btter I find out that I'll be able to watch the Boys games out there. I've been forced to watch the Bucs, Jags, and Falcons for the last 3 seasons, yuck :banghead:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Congrats, Vin!!! Awesome news. Glad things worked out for you.

Prayers still with the fam, tho.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
That's great news for you and your family! Congrats!

btw... ABQCowboy lives in the Alien State...

Hoov

Reaction score
k19 said:
As some of you know I have been trying to get out of smallsville GA and into a bigger city so I could get better medical care for my wif eand oldest 2 chicdren who were all diagnosed with Meduallary Cancer one year ago this month. Right now we have 1 endocrinologist here in town and she's clueless because their cancer is so rare. She tries but we do most all the research and suggestions and she just nods and goes along. To get any real treatment we have to go almost 4 hours to Tampa, not a real good option. I applied for a transfer to Albuquerque, NM earlier this month so i could stay with the company and not lose any benefits. Works out well because my family has a property out there already.

Enough doom and gloom. We are moving the end of month to NM. I thought I was going to take a paycut but I actually get a 15% or so raise. I start work at Kirtland AFB the second week of Nov which will give us time to find Dr's and everything. We'll have 20 or so Dr's to chose from plus alternative medicine for pain management and the like. Now all I have to do is figure out how a helicopter works :D

I even broke down and bought a new (used) Honda Odyssey for the trip so everyone could have more room, their own AC, and a built in ent system. The kids love it already, except the lil man, he told me he liked the "old van car better" but I'm sure we can swing him.

And just when I thought it couldnt get much btter I find out that I'll be able to watch the Boys games out there. I've been forced to watch the Bucs, Jags, and Falcons for the last 3 seasons, yuck :banghead:

Great news man !! Keep us updated.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great News and I am happy for you and your family.

Getting better medical opinions and options and a pay raise to go along with it...good stuff.

k19

Reaction score
I fgured I'd thread the news rather then person per person PM's. ya I'm just THAT lazy today. I cant wait to get out of here. We've had nothing but **** luck since we moved here but its looking like things are changing

trickblue said:
That's great news for you and your family! Congrats!

btw... ABQCowboy lives in the Alien State...

Didn't know that.

I was in your neck of the woods the other day though. Long drive from S GA to DFW :cool:

trickblue

Reaction score
k19 said:
Didn't know that.

I was in your neck of the woods the other day though. Long drive from S GA to DFW :cool:

You shoulda dropped by... I coulda used some help moving... :D

k19

Reaction score
trickblue said:
You shoulda dropped by... I coulda used some help moving... :D

Sounds like I'm not the only one who has things falling into place. I take it family life is treating you rather well? I would have stopped by to help move a beer or 2 from the fridge if I had known you needed help :D after all every little bit helps

trickblue

Reaction score
k19 said:
Sounds like I'm not the only one who has things falling into place. I take it family life is treating you rather well? I would have stopped by to help move a beer or 2 from the fridge if I had known you needed help :D after all every little bit helps

Yes it is... no complaints whatsoever...

There were a few ice cold friendly's in the ice box... ;)

k19

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Great news and if you come through the Memphis area let me know.

I'll be there for 2 days my good man. I should be getting into town in the afternoon on the 27th and leaving VERY early on the 29th. We're staying at homewood duites off poplar and 240. Not the Peabody but its my normal hangout when I get into town :D

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Way to go!

I guess there is some truth to the fact that when people say their prayers for ya, sometimes good things happen.

Great news.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
I'm very happy for you and your family. And will be even happier when you can tell us you've found top quality docs to take some of the burden of worry off you.
God bless you, K19.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
k19 said:

You'll love Albu-cracky. Some very good hosptials and doctors there. I hope they help your family. My Mom is alive because of the Drs. at St. Joseph's.

Good luck with the job.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
k19 said:

I'm truly sorry to hear about the problems your family is having, and will keep a good thought for you and yours...

Sounds like you were due for some good fortune, and it sounds like you've finally gotten some... I love Albuquerque, it's real pretty country up there...

k19

Reaction score
I really REALLY appreciate all the prayers and well wishes. As bad as the last year has been its FINALLY looking up almost a year to the day the wife was diagnosed. I'll be in Memphis on the 1st anniversary of my fathers death and will be starting the new job about the time the oldest 2 were diagnosed funny how a year ago we thought things couldnt or wouldnt get better and here we are a year later and the futures looking brighter then ever.

I will definitely be letting everyone know how things go when we get her in with some new Dr's and get settled in.

We cant wait to get a fresh start