YB: Jason Garrett throws Dak Prescott under bus after loss

zekecowboy

Reaction score
After the Cowboys first loss of the season, head coach Jason Garrett placed the blame squarely the passing game.

There were more than a few things that could be pointed to as reasons why the Cowboys were not victorious. Garrett took aim at Prescott.

Clarence Hill Jr‏Verified account @clarencehilljr 2h2 hours ago

Jason Garrett put the blame squarely on Dak Prescott's inability to make plays in the passing game

It has been noted on several occasions Prescott is cautious with the ball, often preferring to take the safe option over making a risky throw down the field. However, the approach helped Prescott to a stellar rookie season and Pro Bowl nod last year. And, Dallas was 13-3 during the regular season in games he started.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/jason-garrett-throws-dak-prescott-under-bus-after-loss/ar-AAs6yHm?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

stiletto

Reaction score
Prescott admitted post game that he knows he has to play better. Prescott is a stand up kid. I think he battled again tonight. That's a tough place to play when NOTHING is working. I think he will have some good games coming up...pretty certain of it..all the clowns peddling him out of town already are totally laughable.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Prescott admitted post game that he knows he has to play better. Prescott is a stand up kid. I think he battled again tonight. That's a tough place to play when NOTHING is working. I think he will have some good games coming up...pretty certain of it..all the clowns peddling him out of town already are totally laughable.
Thank you

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
This whole game is all jG's fault and no one else's. He is the HC.

Why didn't Garrett devise better routes for Dez to run, than the same old routes he always runs? Why not use him in crossing routes, or some comeback routes. Duh. How about getting Switzer on the field with Beasley. Why don't the reportesr bring that up with Garrett. Did they, I didn't watch the press conference. I am pissed we aren't using Switzer. Why did we draft him then, for only kr/pr duties?

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Teams are going to play single coverage against the Cowboys all year now. It's gonna be tough sledding against teams with good CBs.

Peterson on Dez and Honey badger on Beasley next week.

The good thing is their front 7 aren't near as good as the Broncos.

jlust22

Reaction score
Pretty big stretch to say Garrett threw Dak under the bus based on his quotes from the postgame below. Don't see that as a direct attack on Dak specifically but on the passing game as a whole. I also don't think what he said was inaccurate and Dak being the stand up guy he is, already took the blame for not playing well enough. Regardless, I don't think this is an issue at all between Dak and Garrett but I'm sure some in the media will try to make it one.

"When they play that style of defense, you have to be able to consistently attack with the passing game," head coach Jason Garrett said. "At different times today I thought we were able to do that and at other times we weren't. We didn't make the plays, for whatever reason.

"We really needed to have (consistent) success throwing the ball . We were not able to do that."