YB: Jason Garrett throws Dak Prescott under bus after loss

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
After listening to Garrett's comments in their entirety, he (predictably) didn't even remotely throw Dak under the bus. He almost never calls out specific players. He did what he always does, which is talk collectively about the team offense and the team defense. Criticizing the team offense for not being able to get Denver out of what they wanted to do to the running game, and criticizing the team defense for not being able to get off the field on 3rd downs.

It was Dak who threw himself under the bus, explicitly. A good sign if you're on the receiving end of a stomping like that one.

Dak Prescott is the very definition of a pro. Even after his worst loss as a Cowboy, he mans up....and still shows us why he's a winner.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
People can say what they want about the young QB...He didn't give up 42 points by himself. It was an early season loss, nothing more.

Right on all counts. This was Dak's 18th career start and he was overdue to be on the wrong end of a butt-stomping like this. Let's get it out of the way early and get on another roll like after last year's 1-1 start.

I can't wait for next Monday Night to see a 0-0 scoreboard against Arizona and just start over. I honestly believe yesterday was "just one of those games".

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Shallow minds need deeper digging. Headlines do not a a truth make.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Right on all counts. This was Dak's 18th career start and he was overdue to be on the wrong end of a butt-stomping like this. Let's get it out of the way early and get on another roll like after last year's 1-1 start.

I can't wait for next Monday Night to see a 0-0 scoreboard against Arizona and just start over. I honestly believe yesterday was "just one of those games".
It sucks we have to wait an extra night to play.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How are you people all piling on this and not bothering to listen to what was actually said? And, as a follow up, how to you get through life with such critical thinking skills? How are you able to tie your shoes? Who feeds you when it's time to eat?

I'll give you all a big hint: Clarence Hill didn't throw the ball! It looked like he did, because he swung the arm that was holding the ball just like he does when he throws it, but he never let the ball go! It's in his hand, and he's got that hand behind his back. You can't see it easily, but if you just walk around you'll see it there in his palm, where it's always been!

visionary

Reaction score
Of course he did, Garrett is gutless and never takes responsibility. A stand-up coach takes the blame to get the heat off his players, Jason is the opposite to save his own hyde. Dak wasn't at his best but do not blame your QB!

He's done that with Romo in the past as well

But the Garrett homies won't hear it

zekecowboy

Reaction score
How are you people all piling on this and not bothering to listen to what was actually said? And, as a follow up, how to you get through life with such critical thinking skills? How are you able to tie your shoes? Who feeds you when it's time to eat?

I'll give you all a big hint: Clarence Hill didn't throw the ball! It looked like he did, because he swung the arm that was holding the ball just like he does when he throws it, but he never let the ball go! It's in his hand, and he's got that hand behind his back. You can't see it easily, but if you just walk around you'll see it there in his palm, where it's always been!

Its not normal for the head coach to throw a 2nd year player under the bus. Dak had a poor game but the whole team did not play very well. Why did Garrett just say Dallas didn't play very well and leave it at that?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its not normal for the head coach to throw a 2nd year player under the bus. Dak had a poor game but the whole team did not play very well. Why did Garrett just say Dallas didn't play very well and leave it at that?

He didn't, in any way, throw any players under the bus. The closest he came was criticizing the 'passing offense,' and that was in the context of a question that involved the shutting down of the running game. One foolish beat reported twisted it, somebody wrote an article about his tweet instead of what the coach actually said, and you all ran with it without bothering to question it for accuracy.

Blitzen32

Reaction score
Romo mentioned Belichick would actually run bogus plays during garbage time to screw up the analytics so that other teams can't easily determine Patriots tendencies. That's the kind of innovative thinking that got him 5SB rings. Compare that to JG who punts on 4th and 3 down by 3 scores with 10 minutes to play. SMH.

You don't enjoy Garrett's innovative thinking of maybe clapping more quietly if a play goes super bad?

Proximo

Reaction score

At the end of the day, what was actually said doesn't really matter anymore.

This is what sports media, the Internet, and social media have done to sports.

The fact that JG never actually threw Prescott under the bus quickly becomes irrelevant because all this thread really is, is an avenue for butt hurt fans who already hate on JG to come "do their thing", which includes but is not limited to posting dumb jokes about clapping and icing his own kicker.

Facts be damned.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

:lmao::lmao2::lmao:

" look out ,,,he's fixing to steal yer' nose with a quick pinch of a single hand"

:lmao::lmao2::lmao:

Garrett STILL sucks as HEAD COACH material,,, that ***** packers H. C.
Ain't skeered to draw his own unsportsmanlike conduct flag,,,lol J.G. would crap his own pants before his demeanor elevated to the needed coaching levels that's requiredo_O

( bro! I know I told you I'm all in this year with coach
Garrett,,,,and still am,,, BUT I'm expecting post season success ,,,and rightfully soo_O)

visionary

Reaction score

You will NEVER hear "I am responsible" or "this loss is on MY shoulders" out of this idiot

Never
This guy is not a leader

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For anyone who missed it, THIS is how a coach throws a QB under a bus, Cowboys fans.