News: Yet another Dak thread. So sue me I am bored

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sports should be like commission based sales, you get paid based on your production
Interesting assumption. I *might* see how it is applicable to individual sports. Take golf as an example. Pars equal X commission. Birdies are compensated slightly more. Same for eagles. Double eagles? Holy cow! However, is it hypothetically applicable to team sports such as football, where individual production is co-dependent on teammates' execution, strategic coaching decisions, opponents production deficits per game, etc.? The concept sounds a bit rickety if you ask me.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Idk if you’ve studied psychology or not but the human eye is very unreliable. People see what they want to see. It’s one reason why eye witness testimonies are horribly unreliable
I think people are putting their own interpretations to me just saying something without taking any sides.
Which is what I wanted.

I'm digging the responses.

basel90

Reaction score
so how do you explain the completion percentage? YPA? and you are focused on 2019, and dismissing 2016, 17, 18

and btw, you just did what the article said exactly. cherry pick couple of things to knock Dak...hmmmm

and lets not forget the coaching craap we all put up with. how many complaints did we endure regarding Linehan and simplistic offense? how many complaints did we endure about Garrett.... what would be our record with a half decent coach? how many games did he cost us last year?

yeah, lets just forget all other factors, and focus on one or two items...dismiss everything else as non relevant except what I want to focus on...right?
the stats were obtained at futile comeback attempts, when other teams are in prevent mode , or against cupcake NFC East and such teams. Dak is 1-6 against winning teams . Cowboy fans want 2+ playoff wins and/or superbowls each season if possible. Let us not glorify a mediocre player .

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
:lmao:Brother, that's a long way to say that the man couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with hot dog.
Funny. Who the heck is throwing hot dogs at a barn? Those things are like bacon they're too good to throw away.

Just saying he has his issues but how many QB's don't. Brady and Roethlisberger are the only two time winners left in the league. And guys like Mahomes don't come around very often. So if you have a QB that can win (40-24) and put up good stats (4,902 with a 99.7 rating) then accept that. Forget what his passes look like, take the results.

Mr_Strol

Reaction score
"It’s safe to say Dak Prescott could lead the Dallas Cowboys to a Super Bowl victory and it still wouldn’t change his critics’ minds. They’d come up with excuses why he was actually bad. Why he was a product of the system. Why he’s not worth paying like a franchise QB."

Conversely one could say..... " Its safe to say Dak Prescott could never win a Super Bowl and it still wouldn't change his lovers minds. They'd come up with excuses why he was actually good. Why it the system / coaches fault. Why he is worth paying like a franchise QB."

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
the stats were obtained at futile comeback attempts, when other teams are in prevent mode , or against cupcake NFC East and such teams. Dak is 1-6 against winning teams . Cowboy fans want 2+ playoff wins and/or superbowls each season if possible. Let us not glorify a mediocre player .
1-6 in 2019...what about other years? and what's the record of other QBs? you can't look at things in isolation. and what was the final score of the games? prevent means I am up by two or more scores with little time to go...was the the case? or is that your story?

and what about coaching factor?

Corso

Reaction score
"It’s safe to say Dak Prescott could lead the Dallas Cowboys to a Super Bowl victory and it still wouldn’t change his critics’ minds. They’d come up with excuses why he was actually bad. Why he was a product of the system. Why he’s not worth paying like a franchise QB."

Conversely one could say..... " Its safe to say Dak Prescott could never win a Super Bowl and it still wouldn't change his lovers minds. They'd come up with excuses why he was actually good. Why it the system / coaches fault. Why he is worth paying like a franchise QB."
Quite a conundrum.

BigD_95

Reaction score

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First off, I'm fine with paying him what he wants, there is no better alternative.

However, when it comes to winning big games, or playing well against tougher opponents on the road, well.....yep...not yet folks. Not yet.

Comes w the territory when you want to be paid more than those that HAVE done the above.

how about looking at the defense and how bad it was to contributing to not helping in those games. Matter of fact they had more to do directly with those losses against those teams. Along with the coaching.

basel90

Reaction score
1-6 in 2019...what about other years? and what's the record of other QBs? you can't look at things in isolation. and what was the final score of the games? prevent means I am up by two or more scores with little time to go...was the the case? or is that your story?

and what about coaching factor?
all these factors you mention are contributing factors, but nothing disguises the fact Dak cannot carry the team or make a difference with his arm . He had plenty of chances . If you want examples other than in 2019 , remember when the team started at 3-5 in 2018 ? Dak had a debacle situation , espeically at home against Tennessee . He was exposed and the season was teetering. Jerry had to spend a 1st rounder on Amari to save the season . Opposing defensive coaches know exactly what Dak cannot do , which is read defenses or throw accurate balls. That can kill a team .

Corso

Reaction score
how about looking at the defense and how bad it was to contributing to not helping in those games. Matter of fact they had more to do directly with those losses against those teams. Along with the coaching.
Then why is the team called the Dallas Dakboys?
Nothing should stop him from victory!

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
The next QB will be best ever.....

All my years here and it’s always a peak that keeps growing...

Romo put up great stats, pulled stuff out of nowhere but still lost big games. Haters: He was a Choker Lovers: He was better than Troy and HOF candidate

Dak puts up large stats and improves yearly. He hasn’t won vs many great teams or in playoffs. Haters: He’s inaccurate and Top 15. Lovers: He’s better than Romo and is a franchise guy.

It’s extremes here. I’m a big believer that most of these guys have a pretty nice middle ground where you can like them but want to see more.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The following quote:

It’s safe to say Dak Prescott could lead the Dallas Cowboys to a Super Bowl victory and it still wouldn’t change his critics’ minds. They’d come up with excuses why he was actually bad. Why he was a product of the system. Why he’s not worth paying like a franchise QB.

First they said his win percentage didn’t matter because he wasn’t piling up big yardage and TD totals. Then when he started putting up elite yardage and TDs, they said these were empty stats in garbage time. Then when his elite numbers were qualified through QBR and EPA, they said stats that only mathematicians understood weren’t real stats.Then when these advanced stats were explained, they said they were only possible because Dak had an All-Star supporting cast.

Then when presented the running game’s poor EPA per play (compared to passing), the receiving corps high drop rate, and the coaching staff’s poor early down play-calling, “they” said the running issues were because opponents loaded the box, drops were from inaccurate balls, and play-calling was because the Cowboys abandoned the run too early.

Then when shown teams were NOT stacking the box, that Dak was one of the most accurate passers, and that Dallas stuck with the run far longer than the average NFL team, they said winning was all that matters. The same thing they discredited at the start. Rinse. Repeat.
Is so true.

JMHO
um no ones saying hes bad and no ones saying he should be paid well but top 10-12 production should get top 10 money he was offered top 5 and scoffs at it.. this irritates fans because we know for fact 33/105 even at 5-6 years is agreat deal and fits more then his production.. he want to be THE highest paid and thats the issue..top 5 pay is TOP money is it not..is being paid as the fifth best qb in the legue somehow a bad thing these days? Dak has not earned market setting deals and hes been offered great money..thats the issue.

pay dak 33/105 yes it reflects his tier and ranking and beyond..

pay Dak more the RW, NO!

basel90

Reaction score
"The Dak Prescott haters in Cowboys Nation will forever move the goalposts because they don’t want to like Dak Prescott. He could win the next two Super Bowls and they’d find a way to discredit the man they’ve decided to hate."

I disagree. He wins a Super Bowl 99.9% of Cowboys fans we love the guy.
why do you assume we don't like dak ? we have waited and cheered for him for 4 years. he regressed . Not only last year. Remember when the team started at 3-5 in 2018 ? Dak was struggling big time . remember the debacle at home against Tennessee . He was exposed and the season was teetering. Jerry had to spend a 1st rounder on Amari to save the season . Opposing defensive coaches know exactly what Dak cannot do , which is read defenses or throw accurate balls. That can kill a team . Good and great QBs like Mahomes, Brady , wilson , don't have as many meltdowns and deficiencies . Dak is 1-6 against wiinning teams. That is scary bad . I wish i was wrong and you were right and a super bowl is lurking . Will remind you next year.

fivetwos

Reaction score
What??

This defense stinks on paper but it played well enough to win at NE, at Phi, and what else am I missing off the top of my head??

Arguably at Chicago. Granted, the opposing defense pretty much KNEW what was coming, but still...dont blame the Dallas defense.

Hey, I'm not against making Prescott the highest paid player in the history of the game....for now.

I dont see a better option....but dont tell me DEFENSE lost at Philly. Watch it again if you think so

They scored 9. NINE. Three field goals. No end zone
Defense lost that game? The one that would have made all others moot??

basel90

Reaction score
The next QB will be best ever.....

All my years here and it’s always a peak that keeps growing...

Romo put up great stats, pulled stuff out of nowhere but still lost big games. Haters: He was a Choker Lovers: He was better than Troy and HOF candidate

Dak puts up large stats and improves yearly. He hasn’t won vs many great teams or in playoffs. Haters: He’s inaccurate and Top 15. Lovers: He’s better than Romo and is a franchise guy.

It’s extremes here. I’m a big believer that most of these guys have a pretty nice middle ground where you can like them but want to see more.
there are always extremes , Romo was good not great. Dak is so far very mediocre and gets glorified by the media and some disillusioned fans. he is 1-6 against winning teams.

basel90

Reaction score
What??

This defense stinks on paper but it played well enough to win at NE, at Phi, and what else am I missing off the top of my head??

Arguably at Chicago. Granted, the opposing defense pretty much KNEW what was coming, but still...dont blame the Dallas defense.

Hey, I'm not against making Prescott the highest paid player in the history of the game....for now.

I dont see a better option....but dont tell me DEFENSE lost at Philly. Watch it again if you think so

They scored 9. NINE. Three field goals. No end zone
Defense lost that game? The one that would have made all others moot??
agree with all you say except being ok to sign dak at highest salary in the nfl .
You are very right about the Defense playing stout in many of these games against NO , NE Phil , but Dak could not make a difference . Same against losing teams jets , bears.
He is not worth the money and mortgaging the team future.