News: Yet another Dak thread. So sue me I am bored

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
there are always extremes , Romo was good not great. Dak is so far very mediocre and gets glorified by the media and some disillusioned fans. he is 1-6 against winning teams.
Maybe I should look it up myself, but what is Romo's record versus winning teams?

fivetwos

Reaction score
agree with all you say except being ok to sign dak at highest salary in the nfl .
You are very right about the Defense playing stout in many of these games against NO , NE Phil , but Dak could not make a difference . Same against losing teams jets , bears.
He is not worth the money and mortgaging the team future.
He is either going to be that or they wont have him. That's what its become.

It's not a matter of where he is going to take a deal in line with what he has done compared to others.

Its about timing, leverage, and alternatives.

No WAY Jerry has the nuts to go in another direction.

basel90

Reaction score
He is either going to be that or they wont have him. That's what its become.

It's not a matter of where he is going to take a deal in line with what he has done compared to others.

Its about timing, leverage, and alternatives.

No WAY Jerry has the nuts to go in another direction.
agree , jerry is determined to keep him at any cost. Dak could be the biggest obstacle to this team winning a super bowl . He is a very mediocre QB who will keep regressing .

Corso

Reaction score
agree , jerry is determined to keep him at any cost. Dak could be the biggest obstacle to this team winning a super bowl . He is a very mediocre QB who will keep regressing .
Lol.
Cling to that as hard as you can! Let no one and nothing deter you.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Had this contract been completed and done all these articles would not be happening. As for doubters all Cowboys QB have had their doubters until they win a championship. Danny White had his critics and doubters, same with Romo and now with Dak. Only way I know to silence the critics is winning a championship.

Poor Dan Marino..

Corso

Reaction score
Link? If not, then go away.
@Section446 didn't like Romo either, I guess.
He's an equal opportunity QB hater!
I guess you can call that fair.

For a guy that apparently thinks the QB is the end-all be-all of a game with tens of other guys on two sides of the ball also trying to influence the game.
Sometimes that's true, but not as much as many tend to think.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
@Section446 didn't like Romo either, I guess.
He's an equal opportunity QB hater!
I guess you can call that fair.

For a guy that apparently thinks the QB is the end-all be-all of a game with tens of other guys on two sides of the ball also trying to influence the game.
Sometimes that's true, but not as much as many tend to think.
He's one of those the article talks about. No matter what Dak does, he's always going to hate. There's several of them. They don't realize it but they look foolish with their hate when it's been proved wrong over and over by those in the sport who know a thing or 2 about playing the QB position. Coaches, players, scouts, etc.

Corso

Reaction score
He's one of those the article talks about. No matter what Dak does, he's always going to hate. There's several of them. They don't realize it but they look foolish with their hate when it's been proved wrong over and over by those in the sport who know a thing or 2 about playing the QB position. Coaches, players, scouts, etc.
Could be. You won't read any arguments from this guy on that subject.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I think Romo’s legacy hurts Dak in a few places. Particularly people just see the ‘no NFCCG’ continuation despite another highly productive QB and are getting antsy. Had you gone from Drew Henson to Dak he’d be much more appreciated.

I disagree with this strongly. People don’t hate Dak just because they don’t like him personally, they view him as a negative impact to the Cowboys’ aura. He starts compiling playoff wins and that goes out the window, doesn’t even have to win the SB. Same exact thing happened to Matt Ryan. Atlanta fans used to go nuts on him for all the 1-and-done’s, then he made and An NFCCG and then later a SB and suddenly he’s god’s gift to football.

Winning cures all ailments
See this is a very simplistic, naive and ignorant take. It takes an entire team to win playoff games, not just the QB. Coaches and players. Just point out 1 playoff game that you can say Dak lost due to his play.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Go back and watch the Jets and Bills games before calling members 'mentally ill' for not believing in Dak
We're not calling you mentally ill for those games, just the other 98% of his games that you hate on.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
all these factors you mention are contributing factors, but nothing disguises the fact Dak cannot carry the team or make a difference with his arm . He had plenty of chances . If you want examples other than in 2019 , remember when the team started at 3-5 in 2018 ? Dak had a debacle situation , espeically at home against Tennessee . He was exposed and the season was teetering. Jerry had to spend a 1st rounder on Amari to save the season . Opposing defensive coaches know exactly what Dak cannot do , which is read defenses or throw accurate balls. That can kill a team .
so having Gallup a, rookie WR and no TE or other receivers shouldn't factor in...which QBs are able to produce high passing numbers without talented WR group on their team?

and you still didn't answer the coaching question. does playing under Linehan offense impact your ability to produce? we do know in 2018, when we beat philly, Cooper did say he decided to run a different route than it was called, leading to a TD. so players, directly defying their coaches....

so how many QBs produce without talent around them?

817Gill

Reaction score
1-6 in 2019...what about other years? and what's the record of other QBs? you can't look at things in isolation. and what was the final score of the games? prevent means I am up by two or more scores with little time to go...was the the case? or is that your story?

and what about coaching factor?
Lol only 3 active qb’s have a career winning percentage against “winning teams”

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...cowboys-qbs-record-vs-winners-rally-stacks-up

“The "artificial window'' is one major problem with this fake-stat attack on Dak. The other major problem: It creates the faulty illusion that if a QB has a losing record against winning teams, he must be a loser, unworthy of a contract, even unworthy of a job.

The illusion: Every single quarterback in the NFL with enough starts to qualify for consideration here, except for Brady, Ben Roethlisberger and Russell Wilson, are saddled with "losing records against winning teams.''

All of them.

Brady is 70-40 against winning teams.

Roethlisberger is 51-39 against winning teams.

Wilson is 26-21 against winning teams.

That's it. Everyone else, in this category, is Dak-esque.”

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
why do you assume we don't like dak ? we have waited and cheered for him for 4 years. he regressed . Not only last year. Remember when the team started at 3-5 in 2018 ? Dak was struggling big time . remember the debacle at home against Tennessee . He was exposed and the season was teetering. Jerry had to spend a 1st rounder on Amari to save the season . Opposing defensive coaches know exactly what Dak cannot do , which is read defenses or throw accurate balls. That can kill a team . Good and great QBs like Mahomes, Brady , wilson , don't have as many meltdowns and deficiencies . Dak is 1-6 against wiinning teams. That is scary bad . I wish i was wrong and you were right and a super bowl is lurking . Will remind you next year.
so how many great QBs produce without having talent around them?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
What??

This defense stinks on paper but it played well enough to win at NE, at Phi, and what else am I missing off the top of my head??

Arguably at Chicago. Granted, the opposing defense pretty much KNEW what was coming, but still...dont blame the Dallas defense.

Hey, I'm not against making Prescott the highest paid player in the history of the game....for now.

I dont see a better option....but dont tell me DEFENSE lost at Philly. Watch it again if you think so

They scored 9. NINE. Three field goals. No end zone
Defense lost that game? The one that would have made all others moot??
bad coaching lost a few games last year....undeniable....