1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

News: Yet another Dak thread. So sue me I am bored

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CowboysFaninHouston, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Philmonroe

Philmonroe Well-Known Member

5,476 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    I’m glad we have someone here with a firm grasp of Football IQ

Corso likes this.
  2. Corso

Corso Offseason mode... sleepy time

24,416 Messages
    41,992 Likes Received
    Lol. You sure told... someone.

Seven and rocyaice like this.
  3. Philmonroe

Philmonroe Well-Known Member

5,476 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    I told no one because I never claimed I was super football iq. You just felt some type of way about my post and it compelled you to respond

4. Corso

24,416 Messages
    41,992 Likes Received
    I know. You simply repeated my post word for word.
    It was awesome.

Seven, rocyaice and Philmonroe like this.
  5. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

19,279 Messages
    35,933 Likes Received
    You tell him, Rowdy!

[​IMG]

rocyaice and Philmonroe like this.
  6. SackMaster

SackMaster Well-Known Member

525 Messages
    1,074 Likes Received
    I take it you don't pay attention very well to this board, like at all?

I think this confirms you do not pay attention because while you bring up money, it is reported the biggest issue is years on the contract.

In any regard, I think I will talk to hiring manager about interviewing you. Surely the company I work for can offer you minimum wage which is more than fair even if everyone else in the company makes well beyond that. You haven't EARNED anything beyond that, so don't be so ungrateful.
    :thumbup:

7. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

10,207 Messages
    7,416 Likes Received
    you lost all validity and your manager should fire you trying to compare an ofer of 33MILLLION per year/105 mil guaranteed as minimum wage..you cant even offer a valid comp as to what minimum wage would be, that would be offering Dak Vet minimum not top 5 money..

you need to get those koolaide drinking glasses off and realize you get paid for what ever you bring to your company as compared to what a lot of other similar employees in your field make with other company..

cashiers make less then CEO correct? well if Russ and players like Mahomes , rogers etc are more like the ceos(elite) of qbs and Daks ranked around 10 hes more like upper management(tier 2) under the ceos they definitely make less..

Daks offer of 33/105 is actually top 5 in his field and hes basically 10th on the management chain..issues? that like taking minimum wage.?!.you are delirious,thats the issue..

dak hasn't even earned the 33/105 but hey go grab it and get back to work..

8. DandyDon52

DandyDon52 Well-Known Member

11,331 Messages
    6,696 Likes Received
    Dak played all 4 years under JG and his staff, which was not an ideal situation.
    We need to see him 1 year with new coaches to really see what he can or cant do.

CowboysFaninHouston and 817Gill like this.
  9. DandyDon52

DandyDon52 Well-Known Member

11,331 Messages
    6,696 Likes Received
    you have not seen the contract offer nor do you know all the details, and the 33/105 is hear say lol.
    And still you say he should just take that, even if it is for 7 years.
    How long are the other qb contracts? I think russell is 4 or 5 years.
    Bottom line is we dont know the real offer, or what dak and his agent really want.

I think dak should play this year on the tag and show what he can do with new coaches, if he does poorly he should take what jones boys offer.
    If he does good or great, then jones boys need to make better offer, or shorter deal, as I dont think pay per year is the holdup.

I really dont care if he plays on the tag this year, mainly I just hope there is a season, and that he does play.
    The whole contract / pay issue is between jones boys, and dak and his agent, I will let them work it out, or move on to another qb.

SackMaster likes this.
  10. StuckMojo

StuckMojo Well-Known Member

1,241 Messages
    1,556 Likes Received
    They have tried he keeps turning it down

11. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

18,919 Messages
    16,371 Likes Received
    :lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2::facepalm::facepalm:

Aerolithe_Lion and rocyaice like this.
  12. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

32,434 Messages
    25,906 Likes Received
    Huh?

13. BigD_95

BigD_95 Well-Known Member

1,194 Messages
    1,043 Likes Received

Not sure what you are saying. That quote was from the article the OP linked to. I was saying the fans that have issues with Dak ( I would actually say Im one of them) would love Dak if he lead Dallas to 1 super bowl let alone a couple like the writer said

14. basel90

basel90 Well-Known Member

760 Messages
    961 Likes Received
    I agree . If he miraculously wins a super bowl he will definitively be a hero . The thing is many do t see it . Have seen enough of his deficiencies.

15. Section446

Section446 Well-Known Member

9,584 Messages
    7,406 Likes Received
    Without question, I just don't think the team can put enough talent around Dak to overcome his shortfalls. Love the guy as a person, you couldn't ask for a better face of the franchise, I just don't think he has the "it factor" to get over the hump.

Corso likes this.
  16. Corso

24,416 Messages
    41,992 Likes Received
    Okay. Respect.

Section446 likes this.
  17. Aerolithe_Lion

Aerolithe_Lion Well-Known Member

4,368 Messages
    3,916 Likes Received
    when he played so well at Philadelphia and won the division and hosted the Seahawks first round

18. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

19,356 Messages
    21,533 Likes Received
    The hangup is Dak wants more than he's proven that he's worth, and is holding the team hostage trying to get more pay than he's earned.

There's a ton wrong w/ doing that. Paying Dak elite money if he doesn't progress to elite would be a huge factor in keeping us from super bowl contention.

Buzzbait likes this.
  19. SackMaster

SackMaster Well-Known Member

525 Messages
    1,074 Likes Received
    So you don't believe you are only worth whatever you are first offered? Or that you should not just take an offer as a sign of complete and total gratitude because you did not earn it first? You also not be willing to take less than you were offered because "similar employee" who has been at the company for a few years does not make as much?

Say it ain't so ...

Well I hate to tell you this, but no one should consider YOUR OPINION about THEIR WORTH. This includes, but is not limited to, Dak Prescott.

If Dak receives $300k a year to play football, guess what? He's worth $300k a year. If he can sign for $50 million a year contract, then he is worth $50 million a year.

You can cry, complain, wishing you had half his talent, ect..., but Dak will be cash his checks and YOUR OPINION of what he is worth will have absolutely no relevance in his life.

And I'm the one with the koolaid glasses?

But hey, keep doing you and claim YOUR OPINION should be treated as fact. That should work our real nicely for you.
    :thumbup:

20. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

19,356 Messages
    21,533 Likes Received
    Heeeeeeyyyy.

I was drunk.