You Can Bet NBC Will Scrutinize Every Throw

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Guys you know this is coming.

NBC will have iso's on every receiver on every route. Who was open? Who wasn't? Why did Romo throw the ball there? And God forbid he has a bad game or misses TO who is wide open on a throw to Witten.

You know too that when Romo goes to the sideline after a 3rd down incompletion the camera will follow him and Madden wiil be talking about him he'll know it because he can see it.

I'm not saying this will affect Romo or the team during the game. If you've played sports you know when you're in the moment you're reacting, but the scrutiny and inferences made on every throw will dominate the telecast.

I think Romo is special but tomorrow he will be tested in every way.

Boysboy

Reaction score
DandyDon1722;2487497 said:

NBC will have iso's on every receiver on every route. Who was open? Who wasn't? Why did Romo throw the ball there? And God forbid he has a bad game or misses TO who is wide open on a throw to Witten.

You know too that when Romo goes to the sideline after a 3rd down incompletion the camera will follow him and Madden wiil be talking about him he'll know it because he can see it.

I'm not saying this will affect Romo or the team during the game. If you've played sports you know when you're in the moment you're reacting, but the scrutiny and inferences made on every throw will dominate the telecast.

That itself will suck every bit the fun out of the game. If the announcers choose to call the game like this, shame on them. I don't care if it's one of our bitter NFCE rivals in this same situation.

MONT17

Reaction score
every player has a weakness... to think some players dont have weaknesses is silly!

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
If it were on ESPN I'd agree with you, but Michaels and Madden dont usually over-analyze like that. I'm sure they will focus on shots of TO when he goes off the field and on the sideline (hoping to catch a blow-up) but otherwise, I dont see them going off the deep end about it.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Won't we be doing the same thing? The idea has been put into our heads.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The more interesting question is, will Madden do a Romo/Favre comparison concerning play making abilities and turnovers?

:D

Wood

Reaction score
this is how it went down in philly. After every 3rd down incompletion...the camera would pan to McNabb and Owens....they knew eventually Owens would give them a nugget and have a blow-up.

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
I'm curious what John Madden will say about TC and the Dallas locker room...or if he says anything frank about JJ.

Madden is normally VERY reserved with criticism. I've never heard him criticize an owner once and he probably won't start now. It will be quite some television come Sunday, no doubt.

Part circus. Part football. A ratings bonanza.

BTW...I LLOOOOOOOVE John Madden. Gawd. Funny as heck. Observant. Colorful.

Al Michaels is a biased hater.

Wood

Reaction score
what do we think the over/under will be for how many times the camera pans to TO on sideline sunday night. Min. of 5 in my opinioin.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Oldschool7;2487608 said:
I'm curious what John Madden will say about TC and the Dallas locker room...or if he says anything frank about JJ.

Madden is normally VERY reserved with criticism. I've never heard him criticize an owner once and he probably won't start now. It will be quite some television come Sunday, no doubt.

Part circus. Part football. A ratings bonanza.

BTW...I LLOOOOOOOVE John Madden. Gawd. Funny as heck. Observant. Colorful.

Al Michaels is a biased hater.

Madden largely criticizes the officiating. If anything, he gets disgusted how badly the refs are.

Other than that, he's very fair.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Wood;2487591 said:
this is how it went down in philly. After every 3rd down incompletion...the camera would pan to McNabb and Owens....they knew eventually Owens would give them a nugget and have a blow-up.

Exactly Wood...I watched the Giants game last week and they followed Antonio Pierce on virtually every play. He had a couple of bad penalties and got torched by Westbrook for a touchdown and it was all chalked up to the "distraction" of the week. I don't think he played any different but he WAS the story. They actually had a 30% spike in media requests last week.

Make no mistake...our in-house problems will be the broadcast thread and the story line of the game whether we like it or not.

Wood

Reaction score
I dont see how anyone can not tune into this game considering what has happend to these two teams the last two weeks. I expect they might get highest rating for the season.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Wood;2487591 said:

Relax. The revolution will not be televised. :rolleyes:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DandyDon1722;2487497 said:

The CowboysZone time machine will now transport you to tomorrow night where Al Michaels and John Madden are watching a play unfold on a monitor...

Madden: ...that play right there, Al! I don't know who the heck was open on that play!

Michaels: What..?

Madden: It's like everybody was covered! BOOM!

Michaels: Huh?

Madden: Where the heck was Romo throwing that ball that time??? BOOM!

Michaels: John...

Madden: WOW! Dallas has to punt now, Al! No way can they can risk throwing for a first down in that situation! Looks like Romo wanted to go to Owens, but settled on Witten underneath! One bad throw and BOOM! Fourth down!

Michaels: John. The game hasn't started yet. Those are highlights of the Jets/Bills game. See? There's Laveranues Coles and Dustin Keller walking off the field. And there's Brett Favre about to...

Madden: YEAH! Brett Favvvra! Al, did I ever tell you the time Brett Favvvra threw three touchdowns after Strahan hit him so hard, his helmet twisted sideways? Good old Brett Favvvra! I thought his cranium twisted right along with his helmet! He just laughed it off and you know what old Brett Favvvvra did then? BOOM! Three touchdowns! You gotta love a good old fashion football player like Brett Favvvra! BOOOOOOOOM!!!

Michaels: John. Take your meds. Pregame's in 15.

links18

Reaction score
dbair1967;2487546 said:
If it were on ESPN I'd agree with you, but Michaels and Madden dont usually over-analyze like that. I'm sure they will focus on shots of TO when he goes off the field and on the sideline (hoping to catch a blow-up) but otherwise, I dont see them going off the deep end about it.

Watching the 1994 Giants game last night, Madden analyzed a 3 yard completion from Simms to Calloway for about 5 minutes, talk about over analyzing :confused:

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
links18;2487983 said:
Watching the 1994 Giants game last night, Madden analyzed a 3 yard completion from Simms to Calloway for about 5 minutes, talk about over analyzing :confused:

Madden was still somewhat coherent then.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
It will be the talk of the night, all night long, about whose caught how many passes and how many times they've had the ball thrown to them. Best to put the TV on mute and listen to Babe and Brad call the game instead.

Batman

Reaction score
NBC = Nothing But Crap.

I could use a different word than crap, but I have no doubt it would get me a very quick PM from a moderator.:D

monkey

Reaction score
Batman;2488257 said:
NBC = Nothing But Crap.

I could use a different word than crap, but I have no doubt it would get me a very quick PM from a moderator.:D

Nothing but Candy Canes? :eek:

I am much more worried about what might happen on the field than what any of the announcers are going to say.