CFZ You Guys Are Ready for the Zeke Return. Right?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Trust me. I want to move on as well. I see these new guys as the future. My only regret is that I was unable to squeeze a guy like Aaron Shampklin or Quadree Ollison on the roster because I was holding on to a spot.

This whole "Top 5" conversation the Cowboys are having is because they obviously want to be flexible. And they obviously view Tyler Smith the starter over Tyron. I mean, let's be honest. If we start Tyron, we can rest assured he will be injured for some games. He wasn't great at RT last year, but he played admirably when he came back. If he can ever stay fit, and maintain his health, he could actually have a longer career.

Broadus was talking about why the Cowboys wouldn't just let go of Tyrone Smith, like, they say, he's preventing them from doing things, because they're afraid to move on from his legacy, personal sentiment, and attachment to the player. To be fair to Broadus, who I noticed picked up his game through the draft process, in the media, at least, this was in the context of who the Best 5 were.

I was hating on Broaddus earlier in this season, but, at the same time, I gotta give him credit. When he's paying attention, he has an interesting, if not often affirming perspective. He is also ballsy enough to give Iisha credit for scouting players. She's young. But let her keep at this. She has something to her. If she can brush off the haters and just be herself, I can see her puling a Hellman up outta there, and hope she doesn't Bayless.. For the time he spends on it, he has some decent perspective.

I think the most intelligent approach is that you plan on Tyron being the swing. And you find situations where Tyler Smith can go to guard. He can flex without missing too much of a beat, because, if you can't tell, he also came from a football family. He helps you if you can somehow keep him healthy enough to manage to keep him on the roster, because he's quality depth.

If Tyron starts . . . , well, I think that's a mistake, just based on history, and could put you in a hole early on. You want to develop your talent, and have equity built up to back it up, so you shouldn't risk your injury-prone backup. His number one focus should be getting in shape, and staying healthy.

On the other hand, if he comes into camp and just wants to compete for a job like everyone else, more power to him. So we do need to be prepared. And you just can't have a first round OL at every position.

That said, it's for these same reasons that Zeke comes back. He won't be able to let go. I sense there may be some kind of agreement.

He's coming back. I think they have planned for him to come back. And the media is just rolling along with.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He’s a first down , on third down. Making machine. One of the best if not the actual best blocking running back in the league right now. I have no problems taking him back for the right money. He never hurts the camaraderie. Nothing but upside.

Big_D

Reaction score
Hope he signs somewhere else real soon. Cowboys are #1 on the list of landing spots for Dalvin Cook IF he's released? I much rather see how this RB competition unfolds.

Big_D

Reaction score
He’s a first down , on third down. Making machine. One of the best if not the actual best blocking running back in the league right now. I have no problems taking him back for the right money. He never hurts the camaraderie. Nothing but upside.

You think teams would be lining up with this kind of talk?

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Hope he signs somewhere else real soon. Cowboys are #1 on the list of landing spots for Dalvin Cook IF he's released? I much rather see how this RB competition unfolds.
Can yall stop the dalvin cook stuff already? Smh

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Trust me. I want to move on as well. I see these new guys as the future. My only regret is that I was unable to squeeze a guy like Aaron Shampklin or Quadree Ollison on the roster because I was holding on to a spot.

This whole "Top 5" conversation the Cowboys are having is because they obviously want to be flexible. And they obviously view Tyler Smith the starter over Tyron. I mean, let's be honest. If we start Tyron, we can rest assured he will be injured for some games. He wasn't great at RT last year, but he played admirably when he came back. If he can ever stay fit, and maintain his health, he could actually have a longer career.

Broadus was talking about why the Cowboys wouldn't just let go of Tyrone Smith, like, they say, he's preventing them from doing things, because they're afraid to move on from his legacy, personal sentiment, and attachment to the player. To be fair to Broadus, who I noticed picked up his game through the draft process, in the media, at least, this was in the context of who the Best 5 were.

I was hating on Broaddus earlier in this season, but, at the same time, I gotta give him credit. When he's paying attention, he has an interesting, if not often affirming perspective. He is also ballsy enough to give Iisha credit for scouting players. She's young. But let her keep at this. She has something to her. If she can brush off the haters and just be herself, I can see her puling a Hellman up outta there, and hope she doesn't Bayless.. For the time he spends on it, he has some decent perspective.

I think the most intelligent approach is that you plan on Tyron being the swing. And you find situations where Tyler Smith can go to guard. He can flex without missing too much of a beat, because, if you can't tell, he also came from a football family. He helps you if you can somehow keep him healthy enough to manage to keep him on the roster, because he's quality depth.

If Tyron starts . . . , well, I think that's a mistake, just based on history, and could put you in a hole early on. You want to develop your talent, and have equity built up to back it up, so you shouldn't risk your injury-prone backup. His number one focus should be getting in shape, and staying healthy.

On the other hand, if he comes into camp and just wants to compete for a job like everyone else, more power to him. So we do need to be prepared. And you just can't have a first round OL at every position.

That said, it's for these same reasons that Zeke comes back. He won't be able to let go. I sense there may be some kind of agreement.

He's coming back. I think they have planned for him to come back. And the media is just rolling along with.
I think he would be back already if he was coming back or they would have just approached the contract similar to Tyron. It's rare the Cowboys move on from a high profile player only to bring him back.

Jipper

Reaction score
It's like when you break up and end a bad relationship....the further away in the near term the less bad it seems...then you get back together and remember why you broke up in the first place...

No backsees....be done!

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I think he would be back already if he was coming back or they would have just approached the contract similar to Tyron. It's rare the Cowboys move on from a high profile player only to bring him back.
I think he gets lazy in he offseason, and parties too hard. And they want to see him work.

Big_D

Reaction score
Dalvin is crazy overrated, but I'd probably take him over Zeke

I don't want Cook but would take him over Zeke. Instead of either one I would like to see this competition unfold.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I see you're still clueless.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

You’re all over the place with this post so I’ll just focus on the Broaddus aspect. This guy is wrong at least 85% of the time. His gig is that he’s articulate and has in depth NFL knowledge. It’s just that his ability to judge talent is not that good. Love the guy though.

krs1bro

Reaction score
K....thanks, just projectile vomited . We should just move forward and wish zeke well my friends.