You guys need to make up your mind

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Verdict, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

22,249 Messages
    15,739 Likes Received
    Those of you who want to tank, quit complaining that we lost. You got what you wanted.

Those who want to win, we were missing our top 4 offensive tackles, our QB, our best corner, and we started off the season with our best free agent pickup out for the year. (McCoy). The team has overachieved in some ways. Defense is getting better.

2. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

22,742 Messages
    43,776 Likes Received
    Being a fan means never having to make up your mind. We have no control over anything. We're just watching the crash.

3. Streetwise

Streetwise Taco Engineer

14,690 Messages
    15,752 Likes Received
    Considering all that has happened in and out of football, it's just a means of entertainment. It doesn't trump anything in my life.

JBond, plymkr and john van brocklin like this.
  4. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

21,942 Messages
    20,153 Likes Received
    The coaches and players will never give up no matter. Their jobs depend on their performance. Only loser fans give up in hope of a high draft pick. It’s these same fans who give up after the first 3 and out in the first preseason game every year. Quitters and losers. They hope for losses so they can come here and try to make everyone as miserable as they are. They can all **** ** *********************** ***.

Whirlwin, Ranching and windward like this.
  5. Haimerej

Haimerej Well-Known Member

2,519 Messages
    3,361 Likes Received
    To pick a nit, McCoy is the worst pickup.

Aviano90, quickccc and Kaiser like this.
  6. Jipper

Jipper Well-Known Member

6,181 Messages
    9,780 Likes Received
    yeah I get it....the problem is a big chunk of those that wanted this team to tank a month ago got sucked back in leading up to yesterday’s game, myself included.....now that it’s pretty clear we are done I’m going to surmise the tanking group is going to grow exponentially.

7. DasSchnitzel

DasSchnitzel Well-Known Member

1,959 Messages
    3,953 Likes Received
    Loser fan here, there's a big difference between giving up on the season in preseason or the first 4 games, but we're 3 wins deep heading into week 13.

We are without our starting QB, LT, RT, RG, and some DBs.
    We've started 4 QBs this year, have one of the worst run defenses you can imagine.
    We fake punt in the 4th quarter down 4 points from our own 23 yard line.
    Almost every one of our top 10 cap hits (which don't include Dak, who is on IR), is either out injured or underperforming what we invested in them.

And frankly you can't convince me right now that McCarthy isn't tanking. The way he coaches sometimes screams "developmental year" and "experimental playcalling". You see bad teams do this in the last 2 or 3 games every year, but week 12 is uncommonly early, unless McCarthy is in on the tank. I think Belichick has been doing it all year long from the moment he signed Newton to a one year deal.

I know we won't convince each other, so let's agree to disagree, but you could be a little less angry about it.

McKDaddy, Paradox, 817Gill and 8 others like this.
  8. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

48,043 Messages
    50,997 Likes Received
    I just want the season and the year to end.
    Then see where we pick at, and look at the players that we can possibly draft.
    Get all the players healthy.

9. Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country Well-Known Member

5,601 Messages
    6,642 Likes Received
    You are not you, when you're hungry. Eat a snickers then edit your post.

10. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

21,942 Messages
    20,153 Likes Received
    I could but I won’t. It’s all about character for me. I’ve had to deal with some folks who’ve quit easily in high stress situations. They get people killed. Fortunately in the real world these weak people get weeded out before they can do too much damage. So I’m really more disgusted than angry with these losers.

Ranching and cowboyec like this.
  11. Cowboy4ever

Cowboy4ever Well-Known Member

4,033 Messages
    2,574 Likes Received
    This is a crazy season. First, no off season, no TC, new staff.. then injuries started piling up... then the D was/is a train wreck with many, including myself, questioning their effort and then to top it all off, our coaches are crapping the bed at every opportunity. no way this team can be successful with all this going on. I was indifferent to the hiring of MM, but so far, he has not impressed me one bit and in fact, he is the sole reason we have lost 2 or 3 games already. I know it won't happen but he should be fired as soon the final game is played.

catiii likes this.
  12. Cowfan75

Cowfan75 Well-Known Member

4,447 Messages
    4,922 Likes Received
    Another "we'll get 'em next year". I think the reason the tank crowd is upset is because it's dawning that this team is far beyond the hope of just one draft pick.

13. DasSchnitzel

1,959 Messages
    3,953 Likes Received
    What makes you think that the way I cheer for my favorite football team is indicative of how I would behave in a high stress situation, or how I live my life in general? :rolleyes:

You're so tough and manly Rockport. I don't know how you do it.

:facepalm:

Paradox, Jimbo69, Cebrin and 3 others like this.
  14. Buzzbait

Buzzbait Well-Known Member

5,674 Messages
    4,770 Likes Received
    I can live with it either way. Wins are always fun, but this year if we lose on the field we win in the draft. I call that a Win/Win.
    But I'd like to see the Cowboys land at least a top 10 draft position.

Cowboysheelsreds053 likes this.
  15. jwitten82

jwitten82 Well-Known Member

4,264 Messages
    5,658 Likes Received
    You're the biggest quitter on here, so busta, sucka don't come around us with that

jnday likes this.
  16. DasSchnitzel

1,959 Messages
    3,953 Likes Received
    Who in the tank crowd is upset right now? We're in pick 4 and the reasonable people in the tank crowd gave up on Lawrence weeks ago. Everything is looking good for those of us who want draft capital.

The non-tank crowd is so short sighted that they think a divisional win and getting beat down in the wild card round is better than a top 5 pick, and yet they claim we tankers are just now aware of how many picks we need.

The tank crowd is waaaaay ahead of you guys on this team needing picks.

17. Praxit

Praxit Well-Known Member

4,629 Messages
    4,772 Likes Received
    ..good post by OG. Its pragmatic in the best view. We're not going anywhere this year. All quality players are out, either injured or done for year. Best scenario is end up 6 -10, 5-11 Or 4-12. Get some draft picks and build on.

>>>>> lets hope for better year in 21'. Signed, Long time cowboy fan.

Ranching, cheyennes and Verdict like this.
  18. Cowfan75

Cowfan75 Well-Known Member

4,447 Messages
    4,922 Likes Received
    "You guys"? I understand there is literally no point in winning after yesterday. The problem is, the problems with this team are legion, not the least of which is an atrocious coaching staff that isn't going anywhere.

catiii likes this.
  19. cowboyec

cowboyec Well-Known Member

22,082 Messages
    25,817 Likes Received
    guarantee you they ***** about who we pick.

Ranching likes this.
  20. kevm3

kevm3 Well-Known Member

6,869 Messages
    9,071 Likes Received
    The tank crowd is fine. They most likely felt no need to gloat after that beatdown.

TwoDeep3 and unionjack8 like this.