You guys need to make up your mind

RS12

Reaction score
Losing will occur naturally. The current situation is only good for player evaluation. Who do they keep going forward.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
What makes you think that the way I cheer for my favorite football team is indicative of how I would behave in a high stress situation, or how I live my life in general? :rolleyes:

You're so tough and manly Rockport. I don't know how you do it.

:facepalm:
Of course you don’t.

Verdict

Reaction score
Another "we'll get 'em next year". I think the reason the tank crowd is upset is because it's dawning that this team is far beyond the hope of just one draft pick.
Well, they want the #1 pick, but that’s outside the realm of reasonable probability.

#3 or lower seems a lot more likely. I would like to see it closer to #3 than #10 and if that puts me in the tank group perception, so be it.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Those of you who want to tank, quit complaining that we lost. You got what you wanted.

Those who want to win, we were missing our top 4 offensive tackles, our QB, our best corner, and we started off the season with our best free agent pickup out for the year. (McCoy). The team has overachieved in some ways. Defense is getting better.
Defense is getting better? Seriously? After yesterday's beating of 41 points at the hands of the old Washington DC division rival, the defense is getting better?

Beaker42

Reaction score
Those of you who want to tank, quit complaining that we lost. You got what you wanted.

Those who want to win, we were missing our top 4 offensive tackles, our QB, our best corner, and we started off the season with our best free agent pickup out for the year. (McCoy). The team has overachieved in some ways. Defense is getting better.
Defense sucks balls.

Haimerej

Reaction score
no poe was the worst free agent signing this past year. i wish we could have seen mccoy play but he probably would have been hurt like everyone else has this year if he would have started the season.

He was hurt... he took zero snaps. As bad as Poe was, he at least saw the field.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

I'm cool.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Being a fan means never having to make up your mind. We have no control over anything. We're just watching the crash.
Being a Dallas fan is like insisting on snacking on spaghetti while driving a motorcycle down the highway.
It never ends well.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
No one will remember our sucky 2020 wins.
They will remember the FDL, corner and QB from Texas A&M we pick in rounds 1 through 3 and 69 in 2021 !!!!

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

I look it like this. Dallas has found its SS in Wilson and found out that Woods is a JAG. He's been exposed on just how bad he is when asked to cover. As much as he gets called out when he has to play with backup LBers, Jaylon can handle his own especially when him and Vander are both on the field healthy. You see why Dallas never gave up on Gregory. Im ok with Diggs and Robinson going into the future. I doubt Dallas pays what it would take to keep Awuzie. I would like to see them bring back Lewis or bringing in Baker at some point. Brown is who he is and he's not very good other then a play here and there. Dallas has found something in Gallimore but they need another starter, woods is ok but hes better coming off the bench. DT and FS should be the top spots to loo at in the draft.

I think Dallas will end up being a top 5 pick. And at that spot Dallas would be primed to pick Sewell. Kick him inside to LG or move on from Tyron. I prefer to have him start his career inside. Smith|Sewell|Biadasz|Martin|Collins would dominate. Have Collins McGovern and along with KNight as backups.

This might not be popular but i would trade Gallup and move Wilson to the 3rd WR. Cooper and Lamb are complete, while Gallup is mainly just a deep threat. But u got Cooper who is just as good going deep but provides the rest of the tree, to go with Lamb who runs the whole tree aswell. You lose some going with Wilson over Gallup but Schultz has come out of nowhere to IMO snatched the starting job over Jarwin. Schultz actually gives you something Jarwin cant, and thats blocking. But having two TEs who can get down the field never hurt any team.

Now the two biggest pieces, Dak and Elliot. I think Dallas should still try and push a longer deal to Dak. But give him security with guarantees for injury. With what he went thru this yr i think that would be get the deal done for him. Give him security, while allowing the team to spread money over yrs if they need to. Elliot they might just have to bite the bullet and eat dead money on him. I think hes just not putting in the work on the offseason. Seems like he does just enough to get by because hes so talented.

Kaiser

Reaction score

The next 8 months are going to be like the 2015 offseason. Non-stop complaints that magically disappear when the team plays better.

In 2015 it was "this is the worst defense of the last 30 year" right before a 13-3 season.

In 2020 its "these coaches can coach".

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
All things considered, I think the coaches did a pretty good job yesterday given the circumstances. The team just tragically lost one of their coaches (and I believe some even witnessed it) during a short week. They lost a full day of practice and I'm pretty sure Wednesday's practice wasn't really full intensity either.

Then they lose both starting tackles after the first drive, including probably the best player on the team. So now they're down to their 3rd string LT and RT going up against one of the better DL in the league. And then almost all of their CBs on the roster got hurt during the game so it was a scramble just to get healthy bodies out there.

The game was close for 3 quarters and was still right there for the taking. Yes, the fake punt was dumb and we don't really know the true intent of that call behind the scenes. It hasn't been perfect but the last 3 games have shown you what the coaches are capable of doing. We've seen some bad stuff too but the potential is there.

T-RO

Reaction score
I could but I won’t. It’s all about character for me. I’ve had to deal with some folks who’ve quit easily in high stress situations. They get people killed. Fortunately in the real world these weak people get weeded out before they can do too much damage. So I’m really more disgusted than angry with these losers.

Thought I was just passively watching a form of entertainment from home...little different than watching a movie.

Ashamed to learn I was careless. I could get someone killed. Better re-think this. This is football-fan-thing is SERIOUS!

Last edited: