You know, everything really does point to LVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Lee plays the Will LB spot which we moved him in, because he didn't do well with contact and trash, like LVE, at the MLB position. So we should take Lee's backup in the 1st round at 19?
Yep. Lee was getting hurt at the Mike spot because it requires him to take on blockers and shed. The 43 Will LB spot is a see ball, go get ball position. Lee is free to run and chase there.

So, would we take LVE and make him the Will, moving Lee back to the middle? If so, Lee likely gets dinged up all season, and that is if he doesn’t get something serious like a knee.

LVE would be a better Will in our scheme. So is Lee.

Dallas, however, needs a Mike or a Sam. LVE would have issues at the Mike because he isn’t stout at the point of attack. I wouldn’t spend the 19th pick on him to play in the Middle.

The Sam spot is easy to fill and is a part time player these days. I definitely wouldn’t use the 19th pick on a Sam. Those can be found in the third and later.

So... no for the middle. No for the Sam. And finally, no to moving Lee back to Mike just to make room for a guy who may or may not be good.

There are way better picks in the first for Dallas. LVE would be far down the list for me.

You want to fix MLB? Just take Evans and be done with it. A 43 doesn’t need 250 pound plus guys. Particularly ones who shy away from heavy contact.

For the record, I’m not crazy about Evans at 19 either, but he’d make way more sense than LVE IMO.

Last edited:

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
It had nothing to do with not being able to get through the trash at Mike. It was only because his body wasn't holding up there.
Im not saying he couldn't get through the trash at MLB. But his body couldn't hold up. LVE can't get through the trash, but his body might hold up. So you want to draft Lee's replacement for the Will spot at 19?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Yep. Lee was getting hurt at the Mike spot because it requires him to take on blockers and shed. The 43 Will LB spot is a see ball, go get ball position. Lee is free to run and chase there.

So, would we take LVE and make him the Will, moving Lee back to the middle? If so, Lee likely gets dinged up all season, and that is if he doesn’t get something serious like a knee.

LVE would be a better Will in our scheme. So isLee.

Dallas, however, needs a Mike or a Sam. LVE would have issues at the Mike because he isn’t stout at the point of attack. I wouldn’t spend the 19th pick on him to play in the Middle.

The Sam spot is easy to fill and is a part time player these days. I definitely wouldn’t use the 19th pick on a Sam. Those can be found in the third and later.

So... no for the middle. No for the Sam. And finally, no to be moving Lee back to Mike just to make room for a guy who may or may not be good.

There are way better picks in the first for Dallas. LVE would be far down the list for me.

You want to fix MLB? Just take Evans and be done with it. A 43 doesn’t need 250 pound plus guys. Particularly ones who shy away from heavy contact.

For the record, I’m not crazy about Evant at 19 either, but he’d make way more sense than LVE IMO.
Omg finally this is exactly what I've been saying. Thanks my G

Rayman70

Reaction score
He's the same size as many DEs drafted, so still don't get what you meant or were trying to get at w/ an incorrect statement.
Understand. If you stand each guy up against one another..its not even close..DLAW is built like his nick name...a tank. LVE is built like Jeff Heath...just a bigger version. They carry the weight much differently. Point is..DLAW took years to get and stay healthy..thus he had 1 great year..can he duplicate that? Are we ready and willing to sit and wait for LVE to develop?

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Im not saying he couldn't get through the trash at MLB. But his body couldn't hold up. LVE can't get through the trash, but his body might hold up. So you want to draft Lee's replacement for the Will spot at 19?
Esch can play all 3 positions.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Understand. If you stand each guy up against one another..its not even close..DLAW is built like his nick name...a tank. LVE is built like Jeff Heath...just a bigger version. They carry the weight much differently. Point is..DLAW took years to get and stay healthy..thus he had 1 great year..can he duplicate that? Are we ready and willing to sit and wait for LVE to develop?
I guess you saw different video than what I saw, because he is not "compact" or small.

Rayman70

Reaction score
but can he play 1 well? That's been the problem around here! We draft these players like Byron Jones for their versatility,but they cant play 1 ****** position well!!! What good is that? lol...jeesh. Give me a guy that can be a beast at 1 position and I'm happy.Screw versatility. That's what gets a guy fired. Chazzy Green was drafted..way over drafted for what?...YOU GUESSED IT!! His versatility!! What happended to Dak when he was inserted into the game for Tyron? HE GOT KILLED!!So...not a believer in versatility so much..Im sorry if that's a hard sell...it just is for me.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I guess you saw different video than what I saw, because he is not "compact" or small.
never said small. Dude..I get it you love you some Boise state..Thats cool..Im just trying to look at what history tells us about boise players. Its not my cup o tea.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
but can he play 1 well? That's been the problem around here! We draft these players like Byron Jones for their versatility,but they cant play 1 ****** position well!!! What good is that? lol...jeesh. Give me a guy that can be a beast at 1 position and I'm happy.Screw versatility. That's what gets a guy fired. Chazzy Green was drafted..way over drafted for what?...YOU GUESSED IT!! His versatility!! What happended to Dak when he was inserted into the game for Tyron? HE GOT KILLED!!So...not a believer in versatility so much..Im sorry if that's a hard sell...it just is for me.
:facepalm:

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
never said small. Dude..I get it you love you some Boise state..Thats cool..Im just trying to look at what history tells us about boise players. Its not my cup o tea.
I don't like any college and don't watch college football. Anyway the hyperbole in here is over the top.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Why is it hard to understand that if your pickin a round 1 LB..he had better be a slam dunk all pro? Why reach?

Rayman70

Reaction score
I don't like any college and don't watch college football. Anyway the hyperbole in here is over the top.
Hey maybe he ends up an all pro..I will love it and would be the first dude on here eating crow. I admit,I am skeptical.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
LVE has the size to play in the middle, but up to this point he hasn’t shown a lot of ability or desire to play a physical game and take on big blockers.

Could he learn to be stout at the point of attack? It is possible. That, however, isn’t a chance I’m taking at 19. I’m just not. Could I be wrong? Of course, but I don’t think I am.

I’ve watched enough football to know that generally, physical guys play physically tough football in college if they’re going to do it in the pros.

Jimmy Johnson would only draft guys that enjoy the contact. He said that people think NFL players all don’t mind the contact... but a whole lot of them do. His line of thought was that guys who don’t love the physical nature of the game can do it for a little while but by the second half of games, they’ll be trying to run around the contact. They just avoid it if possible. That is not good for for a WR or a corner... but it is just unacceptable for a Mike ‘backer.

Again, could I be wrong? Yes. But that isn’t a risk I take in the early rounds just because a guy is big and fast.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Lee never played Mike in the 4-3. They had him at Will from the get go after making the switch.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
nah..I don't hate him. I will be his biggest cheerleader if we take him. I just prefer a guy that has faced great competition week in week out and can knock the piss out of you...you know you been hit. That's a game changer. Not so sure he's that guy.
I understand. I’m just holding out hope. I hope this guy gets coached up by Sean Lee if we do pick him

Status
Not open for further replies.