You know, everything really does point to LVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Esch can play all 3 positions.
I can play all of them. Doesn't mean I'll be any good at it. To be most effective, he needs to be in a position that keeps him free of contact. That is Lee's spot right now at the Will. The MLB spot is not that position.

mrmojo

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Most mocks have him going to NE at 31, 19 may be a reach? Plus I don't trust that these Boise State guys can perform at an elite level in the NFL, with only a few exceptions like D LAw and Ajayi.

ICP

Reaction score
If it's LVE at 19 then I will be really disappointed but I guess we would just have to give it time. But man the more I think about it the more nauseous I get

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Most mocks have him going to NE at 31, 19 may be a reach? Plus I don't trust that these Boise State guys can perform at an elite level in the NFL, with only a few exceptions like D LAw and Ajayi.
Packers, Chargers, Steelers, Patriots, Eagles are all teams interested in Esch. He could go anywhere from the late teens to twenties. Teams also trade up.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
He's too big of a question mark. 1 year of experience, can't shed blocks. Not really something you want from a MLB.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I wonder how many of these LVE detractors were also skeptics of Ramsey ("he doesn't have any interceptions...")?

Comedy.
Me personally I thought we should have taken Ramsey. But if you read some of the other posts you will see why we don't like LVE at 19 for this team. We never said he wont be any good. Just at the position we would need him at doesn't play to his strengths. Unless you are all good for drafting Lee's replacement at 19

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Me personally I thought we should have taken Ramsey. But if you read some of the other posts you will see why we don't like LVE at 19 for this team. We never said he wont be any good. Just at the position we would need him at doesn't play to his strengths. Unless you are all good for drafting Lee's replacement at 19

I think folks fall into the trap of thinking the player a prospect is in college is all he'll ever be.

These guys develop.

I don't share in the opinion he struggles taking on blocks (at least to the extent it's being claimed), but even if it were accirate, that's a technique issue that can be resolved. This is an ascending player that is relatively inexperienced; his best football is ahead of him.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I think folks fall into the trap of thinking the player a prospect is in college is all he'll ever be.

These guys develop.

I don't share in the opinion he struggles taking on blocks (at least to the extent it's being claimed), but even if it were accirate, that's a technique issue that can be resolved. This is an ascending player that is relatively inexperienced; his best football is ahead of him.
Yeah, he actually played the technique the Boise coaches taught him, all their LBs did as well. Cowboys will teach him to use his length, shouldn't be an issue.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

These guys develop.

It wasn't he struggled with blocks. He was constantly on the ground and getting pancaked by everyone. Fullbacks, tight ends, lineman. For a guy that size who cant hold up at the point of attack, no thanks. He constantly got washed out in the run game if anyone laid a finger on him.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
That isn't a project, unless they all are projects. Pros typically have to teach new techniques.
So you want to take a guy that has never used his length. And couldn't navigate through trash or shed blocks at boise state. To all of a sudden "learn" how to use his length in a few months. First round picks are supposed to be day 1 contributors. I like his game he just doesn't fit where we need him. If Lee retired I would be pounding the table for the guy to take over the Will spot.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
So you want to take a guy that has never used his length. And couldn't navigate through trash or shed blocks at boise state. To all of a sudden "learn" how to use his length in a few months. First round picks are supposed to be day 1 contributors. I like his game he just doesn't fit where we need him. If Lee retired I would be pounding the table for the guy to take over the Will spot.
It's an easy transition. It's typical for any college player to be taught new techniques in the pros. The seahawks and their offshoots teach their CBs totally different techniques than the rest of the league. The Packers and other teams teach their OL to hug under the arms when pass blocking. The Cowboys new head coach teaches similar with instead of punching like other teams they wait for the DL to make their move first.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
It wasn't he struggled with blocks. He was constantly on the ground and getting pancaked by everyone. Fullbacks, tight ends, lineman. For a guy that size who cant hold up at the point of attack, no thanks. He constantly got washed out in the run game if anyone laid a finger on him.

Feel free to post some clips or time stamps with the videos.

Shouldn't be hard since he "was constantly on the ground and getting pancaked by everyone."

I'm intrigued.

Status
Not open for further replies.