You know, everything really does point to LVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
The guy makes plays, something we need on this defense, I would be good with the pick with a slight trade back into the low 20's.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
It's an easy transition. It's typical for any college player to be taught new techniques in the pros. The seahawks and their offshoots teach their CBs totally different techniques than the rest of the league. The Packers and other teams teach their OL to hug under the arms when pass blocking. The Cowboys new head coach teaches similar with instead of punching like other teams they wait for the DL to make their move first.
Dodging contact instead of taking contact head on and shedding it, to me is more than technique it's a mentality. At his size he shys away from contact almost always. That is what worries me.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Dodging contact instead of taking contact head on and shedding it, to me is more than technique it's a mentality. At his size he shys away from contact almost always. That is what worries me.
All the other Boise LBs played with the same technique. He was doing what the coaches taught him.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

You're making specific claims. Please post some examples.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Hernandez,Moore or Vea at 19. IMO...They will have reservations at the last minute and not take Sutton or LVE. I prefer Henandez,Vea or Evans at 19.
I'm lead to believe both Vea&Evans are gone by #19,,Hernandez is an overdraft,,,and about Sutton?,,I got nothing, as wide receiver in the first is such an alien brain eating creature entering thru the ear canal, that I'd surely die screamingo_O

glimmerman

Reaction score
1...Position of EXTREME need. IMO the biggest need on the team right now.

2... 19 is right about where he should go in the opinion of many of those that actually matter.

3... Seems our coaches really like him. Even sending along Sean Lee to LVE's personal workout. A HUGE TELL imo.

4...Been doing this "internet thing" for a couple decades now. In that time you kinda get to know who knows a little sumpin sumpin , who doesnt, and who likes to pretend that they do...LOL Lets justs say.......... It looks pretty good for the prospects of LVE becoming a Dallas Cowboy tonight.

Lastly....... Having said all that, anything can still happen. Wouldnt totally shock me if he wasnt the pick, stranger things have happened. Its just that right now as I sit here today , if I had to make a bet it would absolutely be on him.
He won’t be there at 19.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
There are even cowboys Youtubers with inside scoop that it is LVE.

Fack.

I hope some other sucker comes along and break the cowboys miserable hearts.

scottsp

Reaction score
As yet another internet draftnik/weekend scout with a day job, I’ll chime in:

I was able to watch all LVE snaps v Oregon, Wyoming, Virginia, and Nevada. What I saw was a player who did make plays when playing downhill. He looked comfortable in space and closes fast on ball carriers.

What stuck out more to me, particularly v UVA, is when guards get hands on him, he really struggles to disengage; he’s on the ground more than I need to see from 2nd level support. This was hard for me to get past with this player.

His athletic ability and basketball background are noted, but unless our pregame warmups include layup lines and we are defending the pick and roll, this one wouldn’t work for me.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
As yet another internet draftnik/weekend scout with a day job, I’ll chime in:

I was able to watch all LVE snaps v Oregon, Wyoming, Virginia, and Nevada. What I saw was a player who did make plays when playing downhill. He looked comfortable in space and closes fast on ball carriers.

What stuck out more to me, particularly v UVA, is when guards get hands on him, he really struggles to disengage; he’s on the ground more than I need to see from 2nd level support. This was hard for me to get past with this player.

His athletic ability and basketball background are noted, but unless our pregame warmups include layup lines and we are defending the pick and roll, this one wouldn’t work for me.
Again that is a technique issue. Boise taught the LBs that way. Cowboys will teach him to use his length. It isn't difficult.

scottsp

Reaction score
Again that is a technique issue. Boise taught the LBs that way. Cowboys will teach him to use his length. It isn't difficult.

Yeah, we’re not going to see eye-to-eye on that because I don’t believe this to be technical. I’m not buying into a LB who often gets washed out on high-traffic plays.

But hey, have at it. We can all revel in all tackles four yards downfield.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Yeah, we’re not going to see eye-to-eye on that because I don’t believe this to be technical. I’m not buying into a LB who often gets washed out on high-traffic plays.

Just research guys who are in the scouting world. They will all tell you that it's technique. You can see him using his shoulder in that post 232 above.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

This is exactly it. The plays I saw where he had to take on a blocker he couldn't even get a hand on the RB no less take him down 4 yards downfield.

aikemirv

Reaction score
1...Position of EXTREME need. IMO the biggest need on the team right now.

2... 19 is right about where he should go in the opinion of many of those that actually matter.

3... Seems our coaches really like him. Even sending along Sean Lee to LVE's personal workout. A HUGE TELL imo.

4...Been doing this "internet thing" for a couple decades now. In that time you kinda get to know who knows a little sumpin sumpin , who doesnt, and who likes to pretend that they do...LOL Lets justs say.......... It looks pretty good for the prospects of LVE becoming a Dallas Cowboy tonight.

Lastly....... Having said all that, anything can still happen. Wouldnt totally shock me if he wasnt the pick, stranger things have happened. Its just that right now as I sit here today , if I had to make a bet it would absolutely be on him.

Trade up for Edmunds if he makes it to the teens!

Klingo3034

Reaction score
Just research guys who are in the scouting world. They will all tell you that it's technique. You can see him using his shoulder in that post 232 above.
Not to mention using shoulders to lean against that weight and push of the offensive linemen while same time using hands to tackle the running back.

Status
Not open for further replies.