You know, everything really does point to LVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottsp

Reaction score
Just research guys who are in the scouting world. They will all tell you that it's technique. You can see him using his shoulder in that first clip above.

We are spinning our wheels here. We don’t have to agree, it’s okay!

I was only commenting on what I saw in the snaps I sampled (4 games). What I won't do is cherry-pick from highlight videos.

Scouts haven't arrived to a consensus, either. So I don't expect members of the board to do so. As for me, I sell big time on this player.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Not to mention using shoulders to lean against that weight and push of the offensive linemen while same time using hands to tackle the running back.
But that doesn't happen. He leans into them, they drive him out of the hole and pancake him. At his size he should hold up way way better.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Just research guys who are in the scouting world. They will all tell you that it's technique. You can see him using his shoulder in that first clip above.
Just watching a 6'4" 255lb athletic beast get pushed around and not be able to hold up at the point of attack scares the hell out of me. At that size he should be rolling people over.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
We are spinning our wheels here. We don’t have to agree, it’s okay!

I was only commenting on what I saw in the snaps I sampled (4 games). What I won't do is cherry-pick from highlight videos.

Scouts haven't arrived to a consensus, either. So I don't expect members of the board to do so. As for me, I sell big time on this player.
I love what LVE can do in space. He's fast, agile, takes decent angles, tackles pretty well, and good in coverage. If he were taking Lee's spot I would be ok with it. But his negatives are all things a MLB will have to deal with in our defense. The only thing that screams MLB about this player is his size. His play screams otherwise

superonyx

Reaction score

You may have unrealistic expectations of what a MLB can really do.

Here is Ray Lewis at Miami. Watch the plays and watch how many times he is run over, run past, and takes the wrong lane... don’t get fooled by a guy on YouTube telling you stuff. Watch maybe the greatest LB of all time and see that it’s part of the game.

scottsp

Reaction score
I love what LVE can do in space. He's fast, agile, takes decent angles, tackles pretty well, and good in coverage. If he were taking Lee's spot I would be ok with it. But his negatives are all things a MLB will have to deal with in our defense. The only thing that screams MLB about this player is his size. His play screams otherwise

Right! I agree wholeheartedly. Voch was tough on him, but I felt gave an honest, fair assessment.

There is no denying his ability to run and play in space, which is an important trait for second-level guys in today's game. I would prefer a player in this role to be better at the point of attack. The hope, for me, is that someone bites before 19, so the problem can be that team's problem.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
You may have unrealistic expectations of what a MLB can really do.

Here is Ray Lewis at Miami. Watch the plays and watch how many times he is run over, run past, and takes the wrong lane... don’t get fooled by a guy on YouTube telling you stuff. Watch maybe the greatest LB of all time and see that it’s part of the game.

Not even close. Ray was a wrecking ball out there against the best when Miami was a force. He might have gotten washed out on a few plays and missed on some. But his instincts and sideline to sideline were so elite. MLB has to do be able to move well in space which LVE does, but he gets pancaked like crazy. Ray was not even close to LVE's size either. Damn watching Ray back in college gave me chills he hit so freakin hard.

Klingo3034

Reaction score
Right! I agree wholeheartedly. Voch was tough on him, but I felt gave an honest, fair assessment.

There is no denying his ability to run and play in space, which is an important trait for second-level guys in today's game. I would prefer a player in this role to be better at the point of attack. The hope, for me, is that someone bites before 19, so the problem can be that team's problem.
As Voch said before. He's only few lessons away.

superonyx

Reaction score

The guy somehow managed to get 141 tackles in a college season. He also forced 4 fumbles and had 2 interceptions. He single handily created 6 turnovers in 14 games. That’s impressive.
I think we have unrealistic expectations of what a MLB does in the nfl. If people don’t see a wrecking ball destroying 325 lb pulling guards running straight at them and then bringing down a 225lb RB running a 4.4 through the hole then somehow he is labeled as weak. Us fans are guilty of doing this with Jaylon Smith last year also.
Fans can’t accept that the laws of physics can’t be broken and sometimes then LB running into traffic in a gap is the best play because it forced the RB to take a path away from his blockers and where the gap is.

csirl

Reaction score
The big personality and cervical neck issue is giving me flashbacks to Brian Bosworth. I dont like the risk attached to this possible pick.

superonyx

Reaction score
Not even close. Ray was a wrecking ball out there against the best when Miami was a force. He might have gotten washed out on a few plays and missed on some. But his instincts and sideline to sideline were so elite. MLB has to do be able to move well in space which LVE does, but he gets pancaked like crazy. Ray was not even close to LVE's size either. Damn watching Ray back in college gave me chills he hit so freakin hard.
You are sticking to your initial thoughts. I get it.
If you watch that Ray Lewis game I posted and then pretend you saw a wrecking ball then there is no reaching you. He was ran out of plays, he was in the wrong gap, he didn’t look any better than LVE.

I’m not sold on LVE or any of these LBs. especially Roquan Smith. Dude is 6 foot and 220lbs. He will get thrown around at MLB and will most likely move to OLB to survive..

superonyx

Reaction score
The big personality and cervical neck issue is giving me flashbacks to Brian Bosworth. I dont like the risk attached to this possible pick.
It’s funny how every comparison both good and bad is to a white player.

Klingo3034

Reaction score
And you willing to pick a linebacker who refuses to run possibly from groin injury?

speedkilz88

Reaction score
You are just repeating a bad rumor that has been debunked. He had a pinched nerve that was misdiagnosed as a concussion his sophomore season. Once he had it treated by a chiropractor for treatment he was fine and had no issues this past season where he played himself into the first round.

John813

Reaction score

“He’s an unbelievable guy,” linebackers coach and defensive coordinator Andy Avalos said. “The character and work ethic and the personality and humility he brings to this program is unbelievable. Guys grow into certain roles and get put in certain roles, but at the end of the day be who you are, work hard, stay humble and for us (that’s) Leighton.
https://www.idahopress.com/blueturf...cle_b3b802a8-bf0b-5e5c-94ba-d50f4212ea3a.html
Vander Esch is friendly and accommodating to each fan, but he’s still in the growing pains process in adjusting to the spotlight. “He told me to stop wearing his jersey in public around him!” says Maddy Tucker, his girlfriend of two years.
https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/04/24/leighton-vander-esch-boise-state-2018-nfl-draft

That's what I found when I searched his name and personality.

Are you confusing his personality with his dad who bought a bus and put LVE name on it?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
The guy somehow managed to get 141 tackles in a college season. He also forced 4 fumbles and had 2 interceptions. He single handily created 6 turnovers in 14 games. That’s impressive.
I think we have unrealistic expectations of what a MLB does in the nfl. If people don’t see a wrecking ball destroying 325 lb pulling guards running straight at them and then bringing down a 225lb RB running a 4.4 through the hole then somehow he is labeled as weak. Us fans are guilty of doing this with Jaylon Smith last year also.
Fans can’t accept that the laws of physics can’t be broken and sometimes then LB running into traffic in a gap is the best play because it forced the RB to take a path away from his blockers and where the gap is.
That's the problem you never see him close the gap. He tries to get skinny and gets pancaked. He even does it on the goal line. Watch Evans' tape. The guy is a downhill thumper that can run as well. I don't think he is as good in coverage but man he is strong as hell at the point of attack. If we aren't going to invest in a space eater on the D line we need someone in the middle that will have to take on blocks. That's my opinion based on this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.