You want to know who is our top pick in the draft?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Since the old Cowboys Forum went down. I had to spend time on Facebook. I got so much wrong information there. I had ..tp fact check almost everything. I'm so happy to be back on the forum. the people who understand and know football. Don't mess with cowboy fans they know their football. I have neuropathy nerve damage in my hands from the military. I need to use speak in text. I apologize for gobbled screwed up post I do my best to prove free them before I press the button

Flamma

Reaction score
That’s why I keep saying if Simmons is there or we can move up a little to get him we will.

Good choice. But I think he's 25 on the board and also projected to go late in the first. Be tough to move up to get him unless like you say, he falls a bit further into the 2nd. What about Willis, DT from Miami. Pretty stout dude and he'll probably be there.

conner01

Reaction score
The draft we picked multiple DB’s just happen to be a draft with quality depth
No way to know what 58 will be because we don’t know who will be there
My guess is the best of safety, Dline,TE or OT
After 58 you could add in WR or maybe a RB
Wild card a CB if one slides to 3rd or later

conner01

Reaction score
Good choice. But I think he's 25 on the board and also projected to go late in the first. Be tough to move up to get him unless like you say, he falls a bit further into the 2nd. What about Willis, DT from Miami. Pretty stout dude and he'll probably be there.
Willis is certainly an option

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
we're only a few players away. Youngest starting team in the league last season. You have to love what Chris Rashad's did with this young group in the backfield.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think you're confusing Jerry and Jimmy. Jimmy said that.

I have been proven wrong thank you. Don't get old. Totally recall from the old forum everyone said Jerry said it. Just show you don't believe everything you hear

Kudos for just saying your were wrong.

I give more credence to the opinions of posters that will admit when other posters are correct.

Flamma

Reaction score
Still takes some chances....

Jaylon with the injury. Good choice that paid off.

Top 10 talent or better in the 2nd round. I loved this pick even though it came with risk. You'll not find me saying anything different in any of my posts. The player has great character. The drug users on the other hand I'd stay away from. Not that I wish them any ill will, it's just that I know the risk is much greater and for a much greater period of time. Injuries can heal, especially with young players. Then it's all uphill from there.

glimmerman

Reaction score
If he is there you and I think that he will likely be the BPA at a position of need. But for some reason the FO don’t think we need DT or safety. They will draft a kicker or another LB or something and try to convert them. Lol.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You guys keep rubbing your heads and being logical.

Look at our past when we draft in the 2nd Rd.

What do we do?

We look for somebody who has dropped out of the 1st Rd. due to injury, moral deficiency, or failed a drug test or 3.

Players like Gregory, Smith or a bargain player is our man.

Frankly..

BPA is the best route to avoid failure in this draft.

There is not a position we can not stand more depth.

Or revert to our standby of Play by Committee.

Need a DE..draft 4 of them like when we rebuilt the secondary a couple of years back.

Need a safety..committee.

Having domestic issues.?

We are your team.

Now..go figure out the committee and where.

That is the real draft strategy.

Now get to it.

Of course the difference is in those drafts we had a first round pick, which made it a little easier to gamble a bit in the second round. I don't see us gambling too much with our first draft pick.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Top 10 talent or better in the 2nd round. I loved this pick even though it came with risk. You'll not find me saying anything different in any of my posts. The player has great character. The drug users on the other hand I'd stay away from. Not that I wish them any ill will, it's just that I know the risk is much greater and for a much greater period of time. Injuries can heal, especially with young players. Then it's all uphill from there.
Was really hoping the light came on with Gregory. Apparently not. I hear that he didn’t fail a test he missed one. Same difference. Irving is a basket case that threw away millions because he didn’t like playing. I would rather do something I didn’t like for 4 or 5 years to do what I wanted for the rest of my life.

DFWJC

Reaction score
You guys keep rubbing your heads and being logical.

Look at our past when we draft in the 2nd Rd.

What do we do?

We look for somebody who has dropped out of the 1st Rd. due to injury, moral deficiency, or failed a drug test or 3.

Players like Gregory, Smith or a bargain player is our man.

Frankly..

BPA is the best route to avoid failure in this draft.

There is not a position we can not stand more depth.

Or revert to our standby of Play by Committee.

Need a DE..draft 4 of them like when we rebuilt the secondary a couple of years back.

Need a safety..committee.

Having domestic issues.?

We are your team.

Now..go figure out the committee and where.

That is the real draft strategy.

Now get to it.
I think that only applies when we went safer in the first round.
Don't see that approach (taking a riskier player) happening this year until maybe the 3rd round.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
When I posted this..

It was a little tongue-in-cheek to make you guys move out of your draft funk.

But I do think we reach on the pick.

Not just becuz of our history but becuz of what we will be faced with at 58.

Some have suggested trading up.

It might be wise to do that if there is a player we really think will change us.

I mean if we actually improve this season and go beyond the 1st rd of the playoffs..

our #1 in 2020 is going to be like 30th in the first rd.

Not going to be a sure fire player then.

So trading up with our #1 in 2020 makes some sense.

It depends on how the FO sees the team competing.

Do you wait until we have to pay out all the big contracts...?

Or try to go for it now with what you have.?

Before I would want to pay out all those big deals..

I would want to see some big wins..

then pay out.

Just my 2cents.

Last edited:

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Quote Jerry Jones if I ever draft a dumb player again hit me in the head with a hammer. Just give him is Johnnie Walker Blue send him to his trailer let William mclay do the work
lol, so Jerry even gets credit for this too huh?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
While I do think they will take a player that seems to have fallen further than expected, I highly doubt it will be one that may miss time this season due to a current injury. Without a 1st rounder, they have to draft someone in the 2nd that can be on the field in some capacity to start the season.
Now you are falling back on logic.

I still think we will try to pull a rabbit out of our arse.

We are a risk/reward team.

I am prepared to not be surprised.

boysfaninMI

Reaction score
Since the old Cowboys Forum went down. I had to spend time on Facebook. I got so much wrong information there. I had ..tp fact check almost everything. I'm so happy to be back on the forum. the people who understand and know football. Don't mess with cowboy fans they know their football. I have neuropathy nerve damage in my hands from the military. I need to use speak in text. I apologize for gobbled screwed up post I do my best to prove free them before I press the button

No worries. Thanks for your service.